Energy: Cost for the individual devices

With some configuration, grouping devices is possible.
For the moment, the device consumptions are not totaled together to determine the “remaining” consumption, so I think it does not matter that some “devices” correspond to shared consumption:

How to do it is explained by the (author of the) powercalc integration:

3 Likes

I add individual device as a electricity source just to see running costs. Which is pretty stupid.

9 Likes

Agree,
I was looking for this, then I realized that is not included.
This would be a very nice.

1 Like

I was searching how to do this and came across this thread – I’m surprised it’s not been implemented already.

In my situation I have my total usage coming directly from my meter, and then I have a tonne of energy sensors (real and virtual,) so I’d like to see:

• the cost of each entity/sensor
  • the percentage of the total kwh used per device
  • the amount unaccounted for
  • the cost/percentage used per group of devices
  • information given in a better layout than having to scroll through a list of 100 entities all placed vertically
2 Likes

I’d absolutely love to see the ability to track prices on a daily basis against individual devices coming in. I have a time-of-day cost sensor setup, and it’s working great with the whole-of-house cost prediction/calculation, I’d love to be able to see it doing the same thing, but for the individual devices reporting energy usage.

1 Like

When this is resolved, it’s likely this other request is also resolved:

Energy: Toggle between usage and cost

1 Like

Just a plus one for this. There are a lot of wish-fors in this thread, but starting small: Place a cost column on the Monitor Individual Devices table as it exists on the Sources table.

7 Likes

A plus one from me too. I would love to see this Implemented. I have hourly price and the easiest way I found so far to track individual consumers was to add them as sources.

1 Like

I am hosting some devices and i would love to see how much it cost me in power to host these devices.

2 Likes

A solution would be to add each devices in Grid consumption and make a template sensor giving total consumption (ie. sensor on the meter) minus each devices consumption but it’s not ideal. At all.

1 Like

Yes, please!

I have been thinking about this for a while and would really love to see this happening!

Start easy, maybe add a column on the current energy dashboard on the right with the costs that occurred for the device in the chosen timeframe?
It would be so, so encouraging to see that something that consumed X kWh actually was cheaper than something else that ran another time of the day but consumed X-y kWh !

e.g. I have my boiler to run every night (when it’s cheapest) and electric floor heating only on when it’s cheap energy.

I realise that this may be a complicated calculation if you have three main channels coming in with different prices / own production on some channels, not others. - But this might be easier than I think?

2 Likes

yes, something like this, really, doesn’t seem super complex to add as the kwh information already do exist :

also, it would be convenient, (on another phase if too complex to implement) to allow people to enter separate kwh prices based on time and weekdays.

5 Likes

I’d love to be able to see details for individual devices as for total consumption. Total consumption can be viewed as histogram by day, week, month or year. Would be nice to see the same for fridge, dryer, etc. to get a picture on changes over time.

4 Likes

Looked through open issues on github flagged with energy label but couldn’t find this feature request.

@laxarus Did you create one?

1 Like

A big plus from me for this. Added every individual device as a electricity source as a “workaround”

1 Like

Oh, that’s one way…
But it’s also messing with your over-all cost estimates?

If one would not have mains measurements and only all individual consumers in “Energy usage” it would be a possibility…

HA github is for issues only. Feature requests go to forum. :slight_smile:

This seems like a great extension to make the energy dashboard more informative!

Maybe related: I have most of my big consumers in the list. So it’s fine. But I’m really starting to miss an “other devices” in the individual consumer list…

Like sure if i pull out all large consumers, i would love to see what I’m yet to measure and what those costs…

Implementing, i believe would be pretty simple?
Total consumption - ( all individual consumers ) = Other consumers. Make it optional in Energy settings to display “Other Consumers” consumption in the list of individual consumers.

Would this maybe be a new feature request?

6 Likes

This is already the case, create a template sensor with your price changing according to your schedule or another sensor and use this template sensor as price in the dashboard.
You can also create 2 kwh sensor, each being incremented according to the current tariff.

1 Like