Energy: Cost for the individual devices

I’d love to be able to see details for individual devices as for total consumption. Total consumption can be viewed as histogram by day, week, month or year. Would be nice to see the same for fridge, dryer, etc. to get a picture on changes over time.

4 Likes

Looked through open issues on github flagged with energy label but couldn’t find this feature request.

@laxarus Did you create one?

1 Like

A big plus from me for this. Added every individual device as a electricity source as a “workaround”

1 Like

Oh, that’s one way…
But it’s also messing with your over-all cost estimates?

If one would not have mains measurements and only all individual consumers in “Energy usage” it would be a possibility…

HA github is for issues only. Feature requests go to forum. :slight_smile:

This seems like a great extension to make the energy dashboard more informative!

Maybe related: I have most of my big consumers in the list. So it’s fine. But I’m really starting to miss an “other devices” in the individual consumer list…

Like sure if i pull out all large consumers, i would love to see what I’m yet to measure and what those costs…

Implementing, i believe would be pretty simple?
Total consumption - ( all individual consumers ) = Other consumers. Make it optional in Energy settings to display “Other Consumers” consumption in the list of individual consumers.

Would this maybe be a new feature request?

6 Likes

This is already the case, create a template sensor with your price changing according to your schedule or another sensor and use this template sensor as price in the dashboard.
You can also create 2 kwh sensor, each being incremented according to the current tariff.

1 Like

You learn something everyday :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I do not understand, How do you add this templated price sensor to the “Monitor individual devices” ? This is the feature that I really wish would be developed!!

1 Like

This would be soo helpful, even if it was seperate to the energy monitoring page

1 Like

woud love this feature

1 Like

You can’t do that at the moment.
You have to add it to sources, but that will cause wrong total usage.

1 Like

agree! The individual devices should show also in two colours (blue/yellow) which part of the energy was consumed from grid and which from solar (also important for the cost calculation).

Some devices (pool heating, AC, car/other battery chargers, etc.) shall only run on solar power and with this you could see, how good this worked.

2 Likes

I certainly need this because I’m using A) an energy clamp to monitor the whole house and b) individual monitors for certain devices.

This means that I can either lump all devices under Sources, and have the grand total be completely wrong (as the the whole house monitor already includes the usage of the individual devices) or just have the whole house reading alone in Sources (and so lose the costings for the individual devices).

3 Likes

Another vote for this feature please!

I monitor my house supply via an EM clamp, a dozen circuits individually within the consumer unit and then individual devices. It’d be great to pull all of this together within the Energy Dashboard with automatic cost calculations as well as energy consumed.

My current method of adding the main house supply and the circuit monitoring as sources throws out the overall grid consumption / cost figures.

4 Likes

another vote.
Please let us know if this is added to the roadmap

2 Likes

+1
I was looking for exactly this. Would be a great addition. I have a sensor with the current hour price.

2 Likes

I would to love to have this, and would be great to be able to add also a prognosis input.
That way you could optimize on a different level.

With that I mean if you have a rolling avarage of the consumption, actual price so you see price right now. But if you also could add a prognosis sensor like we can here in Sweden with nordpool in the equation, you could see that certain hours the cost will get high and make automations based on that to avoid certain things at a certain time to avoid peaks.

1 Like

I got the same (per hour based kWh price here in Finland) and I do automate based on the future (not a prognosis?) prices. However, I don’t think that we should not mix in automation possible future costs and actions based on the future in the dashboard which is more a view of what did happen… ?

You can (and I do already) automate based on future prices but that’s all outside the Energy Dashboard.
I’m a bit concerned about the winter because of the energy costs and automating energy consumption based on price is of high priority for me.

Getting to see how well I optimised energy consumption on price through the dashboard would be quite awesome!

3 Likes