Energy: Cost for the individual devices

I really cannot understand why the guys from HA do not create a seperate section for this! Love this!!
@Bram_Kragten

5 Likes

This looks amazing! I unfortunately have gas consumption I need to track, so I can’t just put electricity sensors in there.

If gas and electricity could be made into a kind of array so we can add as many categories as we want, then it would be super flexible!

2 Likes

I think gas is still available in long term statistics and thus you can still track it i think

1 Like

True, but gas is a critical form of energy, especially over the coming winter, so I can’t just take gas off the energy dashboard. Its a good workaround if you don’t use gas though!

2 Likes

It is just that a workaround and a demonstration of a feature that is being requested. IMHO this consumption view of appliances should an option for the existing ‘monitor existing devices’, rather than replacing ‘gas consumption’

6 Likes

Would love to see this implemented. I can also help with the development if someone points me in the right direction to the relevant code.

1 Like

Definite +1 from me

1 Like

It would also be great, to be able to enable these sensors to be able to other automations or custom graphs.

2 Likes

+1

Would love this. We do not have dynamic pricing for private consumers, but we have lower tariffs at night and over the weekend in Switzerland.

1 Like

Same here. We have lower prices in nights and weekends. For this I use a “current price/kwh” entity. I use DSMR which determines whether or not it is low tarif or high tarif period. Works like a charm.

1 Like

+1 for me please.

1 Like

I am tempted to try out adding electric devices to the gas section to view the individual costs. However, even though they show up in the electric drop down, they don’t show up in the gas drop down. I have removed all sources from the gas consumption and the it does say (Wh, kWh, m3, ft3 etc) as the selection… So I’m sure the statistics side is set up because the entities shkw up in the electric side… And also the units seem OK. Has something changed in the latest version?

1 Like

Yes, there is some regression in the gas consumption dashboard with 2022.11. have a look at the bug report

https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/14292#issuecomment-1320540915

1 Like

Ah, right when I want to try it out! Hopefully that gets fixed soon, the change looks to be minor.

1 Like

this is needed for sure!

+1. In Holland we have dynamic energy prices. I have already a current energy tariff sensor. Would love to see the costs of my individual devices

2 Likes

This would be super helpful to show family how much everything costs. +1 def

1 Like

+1 for this function

2 Likes

+1
With the Energy dashboard HA has already started the journey on making the community cost aware, so not having the possibility to drill down into the varoius entities makes the monitoring various sources just halfway implemented - the energy consumption in kWh does not speak as loudly as when expressed in $$$.

1 Like

+1 for this feature. Would love to be able to track the cost of individual devices

2 Likes