Panasonic Aquarea Heat Pump integration

Unfortunately it seems that the Panasonic API is very basic and provides only a few parameters for the HeatPumps

In the web app “Aquarea smart cloud”, one can have access to consumption data and the javascript file a2w-energy-consumption.min.js uses the API. So there should be a way to get access to these data. I’m not expert and I can’t understand straightforwardly how it works.

What request did you type to get the json you showed?

I got this info from a friend that understands coding and has integrated his Mitsubishi HP. He said this is what the API has, the Panasonic service cloud offers full info but as far as I understand there is no api. For reference this is what the Mitsubishi offers :joy:

Getting the consumption data is not the big deal to say something. There’s an endpoint that gives us the data aggregated (based on a parameter).

For example we can ask for the consumption for today. We’ll get a list of the consumption per hour. Good news is that I already implemented that in the python client that connects to the aquarea API when I was working on this during the summer.

What’s the challenge that made me pause the work as I needed to dig further on it and to make some decisions and unfortunately didn’t have the time?

You’ll only get the consumption for let’s say, 21:00 to 22:00, maybe at 22:05 if you’re lucky but it can take more time to appear. So what does that mean? I need to choose the right class for the entity and configure it properly to ensure that statistics are generated properly. Here you have the docs in case you’re curious to learn more: Sensor Entity | Home Assistant Developer Docs)

I need to also ensure that I update the entity properly when we’re jumping between days (23:00 to 00:00 / 00:00 to 1:00 consumption).

I’m not saying is a super complex task, just needs a bit of design and to ensure we’re covering all edge cases :slight_smile:

I’m back working on this and I’ll release a preview version so we can test it as soon as I have something testeable :partying_face:

3 Likes

Great! I am happy that there is a light in the tunnel!

Thanks!

Thank you very much. That’s great news!

I think the problem with delayed data is general in power consumption (see this topic for example) and there should be a workaround… that I’d like to know for another problem.

If you update your integrate and maybe want feedback, I will test it ; )

If you are looking for a solution to use Panasonic cloud and local MQTT server for Aquarea heat pumps at the same time, try HeishaMonBoth.

This interface has the same functionality as HeishaMon , but gives the ability to work simultaneously in the cloud and with the local MQTT server.
The Home Assistant integration provided by Kamaradclimber for HeishaMon also works with HeishaMonBoth.

obraz

1 Like

Thank you for this information. This seems to be much more complete but required some supplementary hardware knowledge.

Thanks, that would be nice! Additional question, from the Panasonic UI I can choose a few quick calls, for example , Force DHW or Request Sterilization. Is that something that can be enabled as well?

Apologies, I am rather new into HA and struggling sometimes. How can I set the Zone1 (target) temperature within HA automation, based on the current Zone Temperature + 2? I am able to retrieve the attributes:

Entity:
climate.wp_otw_aqu_zone1

Attr:
hvac_modes:

• heat
  • ‘off’
    min_temp: 51
    max_temp: 51
    target_temp_step: 1
    current_temperature: 51
    temperature: 24
    hvac_action: idle
    attribution: Data provided by Aquarea Smart Cloud
    icon: mdi:hvac-off
    friendly_name: HP_floor_heating
    supported_features: 1

What hardware do you need for heishamonboth? The same as for heishamon or do you need a supplementary PCB?

Hi,

Can i get details about the automation you have created?

Thats exactly what i am looking for. If i try to create automation, keeps giving me some weird errors.

It turned out this needs a service call (water heater service) from within the Automation action tag:

service: water heater set temperature

for your specific tank / Heatpump entity id

putting this on top of mind - would be great to have this available.

Hi Cjaliaga ( Carlos),

This integration works perfectly fine for me. Have a 5 KW setup with a 120L water tank and 50L buffer tank.

Does the job as expected.

Just wondering if we can have these details available?

1. OFF-ON Counter
  2. Total ON time on the compressor.

Also, as mentioned by multiple folks in the past - consumption would be the best thing to have. That ways we do not have to keep swapping between HA and the subpar Panasonic cloud app.

Hey @vaibhavratnaparkhi , We don’t have these values from the Aquarea Smart Cloud API. It’s available in the Service one, where login-in as we do in the smart one is not that easy (I’m not sure how we would do it and if we even can) and then the responses from their API are not that understandable haha. I like some reverse engineering, but this is not something I can take on right one.

One example:

{
    "connectionStatus": 0,
    "cnCntErrorStatus": 0,
    "errorCode": 0,
    "statusDataInfo": {
        "function-status-text-005": {
            "textValue": "2006-0310",
            "type": "basic-text"
        },
        "function-status-text-027": {
            "type": "simple-value",
            "value": "42"
        },
        "function-status-text-049": {
            "value": ""
        },
        "function-status-text-025": {
            "value": "41"
        },
        "function-status-text-047": {
        },
        "function-status-text-068": {
            "value": "0"
        },
        "function-status-text-009": {
            "value": "32"
        },
        "function-status-text-007": {
            "textValue": "2006-0339",
        },
        "function-status-text-029": {
        },
        "function-status-text-041": {
            "textValue": "2006-0960",
        },

If Panasonic exposes these in their Smart one, happy to add these. That’s our hope, more data and functions into the Smart Cloud App so we can bring them into the integration.

1 Like

A sneak peek of what I’m working on. I think a couple of you asked for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll need some help testing a couple of scenario. I’ll add the details in the GH Issue as soon as I can. Due to the way the API exposes the data (and when) I needed to make a couple of design choices. I’ll explain everything here: Implement statistics sensors · Issue #1 · cjaliaga/home-assistant-aquarea · GitHub

4 Likes

Great @cjaliaga !

Don’t forget the Heating COP if possible as this is essential to know how effective your Hp is. If yoy need some help with testing count on me.

Okay, so I found a guy from Panasonic that was willing to help but unfortunately the cloud team showed that they don’t understand what their end users needs and have zero interest on improving their very expensive and outdated network module an app. What a shame for such a good heatpump…

IMG_6647
IMG_6648
IMG_6649

1 Like

Man that’s amazing !!!

Can’t wait for the new version !!!