Energy Management - Allow 'Oil' in addition to 'Gas'

Loving the new energy management feature.

We don’t have gas, but Kerosene. I’ve converted my current consumption (currently litres per day) into m3 (10.35 kilowatts per litre is the official conversion) and fed it into a utility sensor, which works great. It would be real nice if we could rename Gas to Oil for completeness.

Many thanks in advance.

I thought I did the same thing. Gas current consumption in CCF to a template sensor in M3 and then to a utility sensor, but nothing shows up when I attempt to configure Gas Consumption in the Energy panel. Got any tips?

sensor.yaml

- platform: mqtt     
  state_topic: "readings/XXXXXXXX/meter_reading"
  name: "Gas Meter CCF"
  qos: 0                                                                                                                                                                            
  device_class: gas  
  state_class: total_increasing
  unit_of_measurement: "ft.."

template.yaml

gas_meter_m3:
  friendly_name: "Gas Meter M3"
  device_class: gas
  unit_of_measurement: "m.."
  value_template: "{{ (states.sensor.gas_meter_ccf.state | float) / 35.315 }}"
  unique_id: gas_meter_m3

utility_meter.yaml

hourly_gas_meter_m3:
  source: sensor.gas_meter_m3
  cycle: hourly

I do see this in the logs:

[homeassistant.components.sensor.recorder] The unit of sensor.hourly_gas_meter_m3
(m³) does not match the unit of already compiled statistics (None). Generation of long
term statistics will be suppressed unless the unit changes back to None

But I have no idea what the complied statistic is, and how to resolve the issue.

Another vote for this.

bump
… and +1 :wink:

I’d be happy with oil instead if gas. Units need to be litres, or something smaller than a cubic metre ideally. I have my tank measurements reporting 0.001m3 at the moment (a litre) and the summary screen still says 0!

This would be a great feature addition for the many people who use alternative forms of energy. As Istria1704 mentioned in another post, it would be nice to have the ability to add a custom energy type that would need to use one of the list of UOM. If this were available the uom of “lbs/kg” and “gallons/liter” would be greatly appreciated.

I personally am using pellets and have used oil in the past.