Energy Management in Home Assistant

Why not use customizing?

I’m interested in monitoring my home and the individual devices, dishwasher, Server, TVs, etc.

Me being new to energy monitoring, the latest HA update has sparked my interest.

Honeywell AMI meter pulse sensor. Noticed there is also a pulse sensor which is recommended with the latest HA update. Does the Honeywell AMI meter have the photo diode on the right (picture below) allowing the pulse sensor to read from? And, does the pulse sensor allow the ability to see each device in the house usage?

i just connect sonoff basic2 ground to S0 and gpio1 to s0+
off course im using tasmota

you don’t need any flashing led from the energy meter just s0+ and s0-.

1 Like

You need a last_reset attribute on your template sensors as well in order for this to work. The next version is going to make this simpler I think.

1 Like

If you see ANY negatives in the graph, then the sensor you are using is incorrect.
The energy dashboard expects data that only increases in value like an odometer, hence why negatives are a suprise. You may be using sensor that resets at the end of every day. Try finding a sensor that doesnt reset daily like a lifetime energy sensor instead of a daily.

Hey folks, I don’t want to hijack this thread with the issue I’m facing, however if anyone is able to take a look at How to add energy monitoring to a custom component? and provide some insight into how I can add statistics to a custom component so we can take advantage of the energy monitoring then I’d be very grateful!

(FWIW I’m pretty sure it’s because I’m missing the last_reset attribute, however I’m struggling to find out how to add this programmatically in the python code!)

Piechart can also be done with Apexcharts. See my dashboard

The problem is the reset which occurs at midnight. This ends up in the first column as big negatives. I did see in the database that the resets of the sensors happens at 00:00:00345 or something similar in other words a fraction of a second after midnight. I don’t know why this happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The data, what does the data say? It is in, I think, the statistics table. The connection to your entity is in the statistics_meta table.

HA saves data for long term statistics at roughly 12 minutes past the hour.

For an entity that resets on the hour, I suspect it is running into a problem with timing. But I am no expert.

Hi all,

I don’t have anything fancy, just a few power monitoring plugs and lights. (I don’t even have a device as yet to measure power usage at the meter)

As a result, all I have on the energy panel is a horizontal bar graph showing power used by each device. It would be nice to be able to input a ‘pence per kwh’ figure for those devices and have the graph show me at a glance how much (for example) it’s cost me to run my dryer or washing machine today.

I’d also like to be able to show custom time frames in that graph window (maybe i can and I’ve not gathered enough info yet) so I can select this week or this month.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks

1 Like

@VDRainer , I don’t think that customizing an entity will allow me to change its actual name (only the friendly name for what concerns naming). Moreover, as the sensors generated by the Fronius integration do not have an unique ID, I cannot customize the entities on the GUI (nor changing it on the raw JSON entity definition files).
What I am trying to do is to simplify the naming of the sensors that are created by this integration so that I do not have messy expressions with http_xxxxxxxx on them.

Hello,

in the original tables, I have to store the values since August 2020.
Do you know how to recalculate the data since this period?

One question. My Solaredge and my previous sensor say 3.15 kwh while the energy panel with the same senor says ENgergy distribution Solar 2,2 kwh??

What / where is the database that this Energy Dashboard is using ?

It could be interesting to be able to get the data from this .

Regards,

Francisco

Not sure if I’m the first one asking this…but is there an obvious way to view chart on the energy tab by MONTH? Daily is cool and all, but since we now have long term stats, wouldn’t monthly cost overview be very useful?

This is such a great addition…

I do have a question, is there a limit to how many items will render on the Individual Devices panel? I have 16 devices added and only 12 seem to render a bar on the graph, the remaining 4 do not. If I click low down, it opens the entity with the correct reading, but no graphical representation.

Thanks for the hard work!

Wait until tomorrow when 2021.9 will be released.
Auswahl_474

2 Likes

The same place as the rest of ha’s data. By default the sqlite database in the config directory. But if you have some other db such as mariadb then it is there.

There are 2 linked tables; statistics and statistics_meta.

Hi
Is there any plans to add a daily charge to the cost, in the Uk we pay a standing day charge of a fixed rate per day? In my case its £0.19955 per day.

Thanks

2 Likes

Sorry, i’m no developer, i’m also just a simple HA user.