Energy Management in Home Assistant

Anyone who knows why my solar forecast is about two hours off with the actual production? Could it be something like a timezone issue?

1 Like

I tried everything but I cant get the cost working, they are stick to 0,00 EUR. It doesnt matter if I use a sensor with the current price or a static price. The unit_of_measurement of the price sensors are EUR/kWh and device_class is monetary.

Why are the cost stuck at 0,0 EUR ???

afbeelding

1 Like

Same here. No troubleshooting worked.

If your SolarEdge instance supports it, I can highly recommend https://github.com/nmakel/solaredge_modbus
It updates every second or so, and is much quicker and nicer in usage. The only thing is that you need to enable modbus over TCP/IP with the SolarEdge Setapp, or just via the browser in when connecting to your inverter in it’s programming mode. You can find the option in the Network settings part.

Hi,

I’ve made some changes based on the thread. As an example for the other channels I show the channel for the sauna power consumption:

entity/state: sensor.w_power_3

it still does not show up :frowning:

Regards,
Florian

You don’t want power measurement (W or kW), you want energy measurement (Wh or kWh).

Use the Riemann Integration integration to integrate the power to energy.

Edit : Problem solved - I shortned the names by removing 4 characters - now works fine

At wits end - have checked entire thead for clues - have 6 sensors based on Utlity Meter with different tarrifs (Peak,Off-peak and Standard) - they reset daily. As eg of my problem, two as indicated are selectable in Energy Dashboard - other 2 not - all attributes look correct . Very confused. What am I missing ? Tried to change state_class to: increasing - but can only choose measrement in customisations. help please :frowning:

do you record the entities? All sensor.*cost and sensor.*compensation need to be recorded for the calculation to work

Hello.

I’m spent most of the weekend scratching my head with this one.

Got Gas and Electricity showing in my Energy dashboard. Only issue is my integration from my smart meters presents Gas and Electricity as kWh. So Gas shows up along Electricity on the graph and combines with Electricity as a figure from the Grid.

Would like Gas to show as Gas - which I understand has to be m3 (it doesn’t show up when “I add Gas Source”, I assume because it it kWH.

Any tips / pointers on how I can create a sensor which takes my gas kWh reading and presents it instead as Gas m3 which I can then add as a gas source?

Many many thanks in advance

Yes I do, but even when I set a static price it doesnt work. I believe it did work in the beginning a few weeks ago when I was playing around with the dashboard. But since than I reset the dashboard a few times.

note that gas should be (and the tariff should also use that unit /m³, of course using the currency you use in front of that)

though having a gas reading in kWh seems a bug to being with. How is this sensor created?

you need entities that have a ‘total’ value reading, not a daily or other reset value. From that total value, the energy: integration calculates the daily values in the Dashboard.

those entities also need the state_class: total_increasing , and not just increasing as you mentioned above. (maybe a typo?)

Yeah - didn’t know how to get the 3 cubed text :slight_smile:

UK based Smart Meters (Bulb) - Registered with Bright to get 30 min updates from Bright, which pulls readings from the smart network.

Use HACS component - Hildebrand Glow (DCC) which then creates x2 sensors with daily Electricity and Gas readings - both in (kWh).

really sorry but I am unfamiliar with those, and can not help with that. I take it thats a custom integration? So you’d best take it up with the authors and check how to get proper gas readings. As said above, you need total readings (not daily) for the long-term statistics to work

check New sensor state class: total_increasing | Home Assistant Developer Docs and the other blogs on the new developments

2 Likes

Hi all, I already have the power, energy, current… by PZEM sensor connected by mqtt…
This is the config:

- platform: mqtt
      name: "MQTTvoltage"
      state_topic: "home-assistant/sensor03/voltage"
      qos: 0
      unit_of_measurement: "V"
      name: "MQTTcurrent"
      state_topic: "home-assistant/sensor03/current"
      unit_of_measurement: "A"
      name: "MQTTenergy"
      state_topic: "home-assistant/sensor03/energy"
      unit_of_measurement: "KWh"
      name: "MQTTpower"
      state_topic: "home-assistant/sensor03/power"
      unit_of_measurement: "W"

Is possible the integration with energy management?

Edit : Problem solved - I shortned the names by removing 4 characters - now works fine

Response noted thanx - doesnt explain why 2 of them are selectable, whilst other 2 are not. I also have 6 other resettting sensors that come from utility_meter: that do work - also note many people are using the outputs from utility_meter: succesfully in the energy dash board?

Will stick it out to see if any one else chip in - else going to have to create extra templates for the diffierent tarrifs - someting which utility_meter: does nicely.

Is anyone succesfully using daily resetting sensors from “utility_meter:” in the energy dashboard?

Here they all are - all of them reset either daily or monthly:

This should help - Hildebrandglow - Smart Meters - SMETS2 - #94 by WhimsySpoon

1 Like

Hi, I have gas unitm m3 but I don’t see any gas entity in energy.
I tried to customize entity
state_class measurement
but I don’t see item gas in device class dropdown menu.
Any idea?

Woohoo! Exactly what I am after… Got it setup - but got a query - will post over there.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

don’t think the last_reset customization is not necessary any longer, this is taken care of internally now by HA

1 Like