Hildebrandglow - Smart Meters - SMETS2

This looks good! You can probably create a template sensor to give you the value you need.

Any advice? I think it needs to be a statistics sensor to show?

I’ve tried this and it’s not working

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      gas_in_m3:
        unit_of_measurement: 'm3'
        value_template: "{{ states('sensor.gas_consumption_today') | float * 3.6 / 40 / 1.02264 }}"

It shows in developer tools but doesn’t show in the energy dashboard.

Have a look at my config here

I got mine finally working yesterday but I do have the Hildebrand IHD and pull my data via MQTT.

1 Like

@HandyHat The integration remains active but is reporting zero consumption. I checked the Bright App and it also is reporting zero consumption, so I think there is an issue elsewhere.

I’ve got it working.

I added the following to my configuration.yaml:

template:
  sensor:
    - name: Gas Consumption
      unit_of_measurement: 'm³'
      state: "{{ states('sensor.gas_consumption_today') | float * 3.6 / 40 / 1.02264 }}"
      icon: 'mdi:fire'
      state_class: total_increasing
      device_class: gas
3 Likes

Thanks, I’ve got it working using this as well, well I say I think I have as my readings have stopped appearing on Bright but I think it’s an issue with my meters not reporting the reads…

Thanks for this @HandyHat. Deleted and reinstalled the integration and all worked fine again

Hi Guys
I have this working, but my gas readings seem to be the same every hour. It looks like its not clearing out a variable at the beginning of each hour.

anyone else see this

Electric looks fine though

cheers
Mike C

I really stuggled with this one.

The electricity consumption added fine when the energy panel was introduced after adding the last_reset for the sensor in the customize.yaml. With gas appearing with the new update I tried adding the gas sensor but to got “no matching statistics found”.

My sensor was as follows:

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Home Gas"
    icon: mdi:fire
    state_topic: "SMART/HILD/xxxxxxxxxxxx"
    value_template: "{{ value_json['gasMtr']['0702']['00']['00']|int(base=16) * value_json['gasMtr']['0702']['03']['01']|int(base=16) / value_json['gasMtr']['0702']['03']['02']|int(base=16) }}"
    unit_of_measurement: "m³"
    state_class: measurement

This sensor also has the last_reset set in the customize.yaml

So I switched the state_class to total_measurement, and nothing. Everything seemed to match what others had set and it simply will not see it. I tried so many different combinations of settings and nothing would work. I ended up editing the config/.storage/energy file to add the source in manually and now it’s showing up. Not using much gas atm so will hopefully see it rise this evening once the water heats up.

I have the same problem. It might be because the sensor were getting the data from is cumulative for the day.

I’m also struggling to get this to work, everything I see is for Mqtt which I don’t use.

Make sure you set the state_class to total_increasing, the device_class to gas and have the correct unit of measurement (m³ not M3)

unit_of_measurement: m³
friendly_name: Approx gas in m3

This is what works for me -

- platform: mqtt
  name: "Gas M3"
  state_topic: "SMART/HILD/XXXXXXXXXXXXX"
  unit_of_measurement: 'm³'
  value_template: "{{ value_json['gasMtr']['0702']['00']['00']|int(base=16) * value_json['gasMtr']['0702']['03']['01']|int(base=16) / value_json['gasMtr']['0702']['03']['02']|int(base=16) }}"
  icon: 'mdi:fire'

Something weird is going on. Even though mine is the same as yours, I copied your into my sensors.yaml and restarted - That then appears as sensor I can choose. :-/
I deleted my sensor and used yours except I changed the name back to “Home Gas”, restarted…It’s not available to choose. I restore my sensors.yaml back to the way it was, renamed the sensors from “Home Gas” to “Home Total Gas” and it appears. I dont get why it wouldn’t like the name, but that seems to have been the problem.

Maybe the last_reset attribute was missing in customisations ? If you change the names the sensor name will also change as well.

Thanks for the heads up. I previously had it set to measurement. Will this accommodate the fact that the sensor value resets every day?

Thats the bit that makes even less sense… the new sensor doesn’t have a last_reset in the customize.yaml:

GAS

Unlike my electricity sensor:

ELE

For those who have, like me, lost all data recently, it is worth checking with your supplier. I’ve just spoken with mine (Bulb) who tell me our meter has dropped off the network. They’ll get it rebooted but it could take 2-3 weeks to pickup again.

Why must everything involving smart meters take 2-3 weeks? It’s a relatively new technology but it all just feels so clunky.