Energy Tab : Can't select correct fields

Here is how my Energy Tab looks like currently, but the “Energy distribution” shows the cumulative total for the day, and not the current status. I presume, the issue is that the Energy Tab only exposes sensor that report in GJ, kWh, MJ, MWh, Wh and as a result, I’m using:

• Energy Production Today : kWh
  • Energy Consumption Today : kWh

I “presume” that I’d want to use the following fields instead, …but they don’t show up as an option in the UI configurator as their base unit is “kW”, eg:

• Current power consumption : kW
  • Current power production : kW

Any suggestions? Note: the “normal” graphs work fine elsewhere in the dashboard for these fields.

Energy dashboard is showing cumulative values under given timeframe (day, week, month etc) and when time becomes part of the values, you have to go with kWh (or time related values)

kW is usually an instantaneous value as you called out earlier. so, you want to know the current distribution of energy flow but not the overall, right?

Correct - but only for the “Energy Distribution” dynamic graph.

The Energy Usage, Solar Production graphs and Sources table are fine showing the daily total and break over the hours. It’s the dynamic nature of the “Energy Distibution” graph that looks like it should be reporting the instantaneous kW readings instead of (or in combination with) the cumulative daily totals. The moving dots tends to indicate in my mind that it should be the flow of power as it is right now. It’s just my impression of what I expected it to show.

It seems to mimic the layout from Enlighten Live Status graph, eg

Or maybe two Energy Distibution graphs (one as it is now, and one for instantaneous).

It’s an Energy dashboard, not a Power dashboard.

If you want to add a power flow card to your own dashboard I can recommend this:

2 Likes

Thanks - will check it out.

This is another good one if you have hierarchical flows:

1 Like