Enet addon / hacs

Hello @MagnusN,

I am under the assumption that I am not getting any more errors at this point. At least in the log I see nothing when I search on enet. On my desk here is an enet server and I don’t seem to have any problems with that. Now at one location I have another enet server hanging up and it does seem to be giving problems by not logging in. But has exactly the same software and version.

When the integration works and enet is added do any entities show up automatically? For example here I have the FMAS10UP connected to the enet server. I can not imagine that it does not work on two enet servers. While I read from forum visitors that it works almost immediately.
What am I doing wrong :wink:
Thanks in advance, Thetmar

Hi Thetmar,

Here is a bunch of questions to try to figure out where you are…
How did you install the integration? Did you use the new capability of installing through HACS?
Did you properly remove your old installation of the integration?
Did you get a dialog asking for URL, username and password when setting up the integration in Home Assistant?
Can you send me the diagnostics of the Enet integration (from the integration list in Home Assistant, click the three dots in the lower right corner of Enet Smart Home, and select diagnostics)?

Thanks,
Magnus

Hi Magnus, I noticed you recently updated the enet hacs add-on,now including the scenes. This really works like a charm now, thanks so much!

I am very glad to hear that.

Over the last few weeks, Ronni has digged into the details of the server API and we have figured out how to support scenes (already implemented) and also how to get events from button presses. So stay tuned for some more updates over the coming weeks!

1 Like

Cool! The button presses will provide the full integration. In my home we have enet downstairs and I extended it with a zigbee network upstairs. Having the button presses will enable future combined automation :sunglasses:

Sorry to ask buit you mean that we can use the eNet buttons for not eNet functions? Like starting the Vacuum bot or turning off/on WiFi?

Yes, with this update you can have the enet buttons trigger any automation in Home Assistant:

I am currently developing this at the events branch (GitHub - mnordseth/enet-homeassistant at events) and will hopefully merge it to the main branch once I get feedback from a few adventurous tester. Feel free to test it yourself.

1 Like

Oh wow, thats awesome!
Will give it a shot when at home.

EDIT: Stupid question but how do I change the branch?

Hi Oliver,

I just merged it into the main branch, I have had a chance to test it over a few days and it seems stable.

So now you should be able to get it by updating in HACS.

1 Like

Hi @MagnusN

Just tried this today, works fine, but I got a problem.

Seems like I am not able to create automations on button presses? I am able to see when the button is pressed tho.

Here is a warning I get in the log - there is about 200 of those:
2023-02-07 17:03:39.900 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.enet] Expected 2 values: {'sequenceNumber': 0, 'event': 'outputDeviceFunctionCalled', 'eventData': {'deviceUID': 'f4e84c36-32ce-4210-bd2d-0dcd01714cc4', 'channelNumber': 1, 'deviceFunctionUID': 'f4e84c36-32ce-4210-bd2d-0dcd00014e00', 'values': [{'value': 0.0, 'valueTypeID': 'VT_VALUE_LUX_RANGE_0.0_670760.0'}]}}

Found the error it is making.

[547717637904] Error handling message: Unknown error (unknown_error) from ***.***.***.*** (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/110.0.1587.46)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 27, in _handle_async_response
    await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 332, in with_error_handling
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 397, in websocket_device_automation_list_triggers
    await async_get_device_automations(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 257, in async_get_device_automations
    for domain_results in await asyncio.gather(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 216, in _async_get_device_automations_from_domain
    return await asyncio.gather(  # type: ignore[no-any-return]
  File "/config/custom_components/enet/device_trigger.py", line 65, in async_get_triggers
    CONF_SUBTYPE: channel["no"],
TypeError: 'SensorChannel' object is not subscriptable

Sorry for the late reply. This error should be resolved in a previous update.

1 Like

Hi again @MagnusN

The intergration has been working perfectly for me until today, when i updated to 2023.5 and get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 26, in _handle_async_response
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 341, in with_error_handling
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 406, in websocket_device_automation_list_triggers
    await async_get_device_automations(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 266, in async_get_device_automations
    for domain_results in await asyncio.gather(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 225, in _async_get_device_automations_from_domain
    return await asyncio.gather(  # type: ignore[no-any-return]
  File "/config/custom_components/enet/device_trigger.py", line 43, in async_get_triggers
    device_registry = await hass.helpers.device_registry.async_get_registry()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1045, in __getattr__
    value = getattr(self._module, attr)
AttributeError: module 'homeassistant.helpers.device_registry' has no attribute 'async_get_registry'

It probably has to do with this, or something like it maybe:

Hi, thanks for letting me know. I just released an update that should resolve this.