Have you ever wanted to:
- use sunrise or sunset in a template, only to discover that next_rising and next_setting change to tomorrow’s times as soon as sunrise and sunset happen?
- display today’s sunrise/sunset time(s) for the entire day?
- display or use today’s (or yesterday’s or tomorrow’s) amount of daylight?
- reduce the frequency at which sun.sun’s azimuth & elevation attributes are updated, e.g. to reduce the number of events in the database and log?
- completely eliminate azimuth & elevation updates since you don’t use them and don’t care about them?
If so, then this enhanced sun component might be what you’re looking for!
More information about it, and the component itself, can be found in my github repository here:
I welcome all feedback, positive or negative. If you do try it out, please let me know what you think.
If I get positive feedback (and no major flaws are discovered ) I’ll make a Pull Request to update the standard component accordingly.
UPDATE: The PR to enhance the standard sun component was submitted and rejected. Which led to…
A completely new sun integration (which, due to my great imagination, is named sun2! ) This is more in line with what I think the core team wants to see happen. I.e., it creates individual sensors, based on your selection, for each type of sun related data.
More info, etc.: