Enphase Envoy - Current state of things

Hmmm… I got the Enphase DEV repo installed, and when i go to actually add the integration, it autodetects my system. I check the box for “use enlighten” and then darn - unexpected error. Anything I should be looking at?

Is there a more detailed error message in the log? Otherwise, because you are using a custom component, we may need to refer you to its developer for more help.

See my earlier post in this topic on this issue:

I strongly believe that my unit only generates “Production” figures, for each individual IQ7+ and a total. I believe the “Energy” numbers like total life cycle energy production are calculated in the Enlight-cloud, and will therefore never be retrievable from the unit itself.
As a workaround, I used the power of HA:
sensor.envoy_1222380xxxxx_current_power_production is input to a helper (Riemann Sum Integral - Per hour) which will show lifetime production in Wh. This is then input to another helper (Utility Meter in Wh) which is plugged into the energy dashboard as Solar Production source.

1 Like

I am currently using the briancmpbll fork of the Envoy integration. I’m having some intermittent problems with HA sometimes no longer getting the data from my IQ Envoy (combiner 4). The symptom is this :
"Retrying setup : Error communicating with API: Request URL is missing an http:// or https:// protocol.

Sometimes, HA will recover and reconnect to the IQ Envoy on its own. Other times, not. I tried setting an automation that reloads the Envoy integration hourly, but it made things worse, so I stopped doing that. A “quick reload” of HA does not fix things. A full “restart server” does fix it.

I have seen it happen randomly in the middle of the day to overnight all night.

Just to be clear, my IQ Envoy of course has a static IP DHCP address reservation in my router, and I pointed HA to this static IP address . I run smokeping from a Pi and know that the IQ Envoy is available on the network when those issues in HA occur.

Any help about this would be appreciated.

It doesn’t look like @gtdiehl has done anything for over a year.

Would somebody else need to become the owner in order for the core to be updated?

I have an existing system running firmware D5.0.62 (5e57a9) but our new system (expansion) today came with D7.3.120 (ac5b3c) so I’m in a pickle on what to do. @HA_n00b did you end up installing something via HACS?

@PureeTofu and @madbrain

You need to switch to the Posixx repository. That one is updated to the HA update 2023-03.

See my post in this topic.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/async-forward-entry-setups-this-will-fail-in-version-2023-3/533293?u=panzer_v

Panzer_V,
I tried the Posixx repository, after multiple reboots - took a good hour.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t work with the Envoy R (2010 generation, LCD model), unlike the briancampbell integration I was using.
It does work with my MY2022 IQ Envoy, but I won’t be able to find out if it solves the problem I had with connectivity.
I have both the old gen and new gen Envoy and need an integration that supports both models. The briancampbell integration did support both.
However, it was exhibiting intermittent connectivity issues with the IQ Envoy. The connecitivity with the Envoy R (LCD) never had issues, though.

Back to briancampbell for now.
Edit : looks like it already has the async fix for 2023/3 .

1 Like

Getting same error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times. Each time it works for a few days.

I am terrified to touch my integration at all.

Our existing system (firmware v5) has been working flawlessly for over a year… If it ain't broke don't fix it

Does anybody know if Enphase forces updates firmware?
Is there any way to downgrade the firmware?

I spun up at VM with HASS.io + HACS to try out @posixx and @briancmpbll but both fail with an Unexpected error

@briancmpbll’s repo at least detects the host, but still no luck

@madbrain did you reboot HASS or your Envoy IQ?

Thoughts?

I rebooted my HAOS. Didn’t reboot the IQ Envoy. That needs to be done outside at the breaker panel.

I don’t believe Enphase forces firmware updates, but if you have issues with your Envoy or micro-inverters, you can call them and ask them to push the update to you. They don’t auto-update.

I am using this integration with async fix taken from posixx. It’s better to use posixx btw, I m just too busy with other things, not touching HA.

To use the integration you must have the enlighten app account. Then use the username and password, thick “use enlighten” option.

Ah, that was the trick.

I wrongfully assumed it would prompt me for the username and password due to the Use Enlighten box being enabled.

I am using @briancmpbll’s integration with HA 2023.3.6 but you mention that I should use @posixx’s integration, I’m confused as to why.

I mentioned posixx because he updated his. I saw brian also. So, either one should be good, we don’t have much choice. :laughing:

The HA official integration hasn’t been updated, probably the developers are still using the old firmware.

I have D7 firmware, an encharge battery and solar. Would like to be able to get battery percentage(or kWH remaining) , house and battery power draw. High preference on this being local.

Does anyone have recommendations on which integration to use?

Posixx appear to be an ok integration.

Running @briancmpbll version since mid Feb when my panels where installed with D7 firmware from the get go. Envoy is connected using wire, not wifi, was auto-detected and all running fine.

I tried making the riemann helper, and added the template to my configuration.yaml but it is not working, I get errors “statistics_not_defined” & entity not available

FYI - Received the following email from Enphase on 2023-04-15. The gist is:

No clue as to how soon it will be. I’m considering reaching out to Enphase Support to see if I can defer the update for a while to make sure the Home Assistant integration gets updated.

Subject: Security enhancements to Enphase IQ Gateway API

To our valued partners and customers,

At Enphase, we take security seriously. We want to ensure that all customers and stakeholders have access to the most secure and reliable operating environment possible.

We’ll be updating the API security protocols associated with the software running on the IQ Gateway, and we’re writing to share information about these changes with all Enphase homeowners, installers, software developers, and partners who may be affected.

These updates have begun propagating across accounts and will continue to roll out over time to all accounts. If you’re creating, using, or maintaining custom monitoring software that relies on interactions with IQ Gateway local interfaces, formally known as Envoy, this critical information will require your review and potential action.

Here is a summary of the changes that will go into effect with release 07.03.120 and higher:
Added a new capability to generate and authenticate secure access tokens via web UI to secure all custom applications and API calls. Documentation now includes examples of how to use URLs to get tokens programmatically using shell script-based or Python-based methods. Revised documentation also explains how to connect securely using the updated IQ Gateway local UI and/or IQ Gateway APIs.
Note that if your system is a beta system, an IQ8 system, or an IQ Battery-based system, you may already be running version 07.03.120 or higher on your Gateway.

Complete and newly updated API documentation is available here.

If you have further questions or require additional support after consulting the updated API documentation, please reach out for support.

We’re here to help, and the small investment of time and resources required to enhance these security protocols will be well worth it to safeguard the health and uninterrupted function of your Enphase systems.

Thank you,

The Enphase Team

To our valued partners and customers,

At Enphase, we take security seriously. We want to ensure that all customers and stakeholders have access to the most secure and reliable operating environment possible.

We’ll be updating the API security protocols associated with the software running on the IQ Gateway, and we’re writing to share information about these changes with all Enphase homeowners, installers, software developers, and partners who may be affected.

These updates have begun propagating across accounts and will continue to roll out over time to all accounts. If you’re creating, using, or maintaining custom monitoring software that relies on interactions with IQ Gateway local interfaces, formally known as Envoy, this critical information will require your review and potential action.

Here is a summary of the changes that will go into effect with release 07.03.120 and higher:

• Added a new capability to generate and authenticate secure access tokens via web UI to secure all custom applications and API calls.
  • Documentation now includes examples of how to use URLs to get tokens programmatically using shell script-based or Python-based methods.
  • Revised documentation also explains how to connect securely using the updated IQ Gateway local UI and/or IQ Gateway APIs.

Note that if your system is a beta system, an IQ8 system, or an IQ Battery-based system, you may already be running version 07.03.120 or higher on your Gateway.

Complete and newly updated API documentation is available here.

If you have further questions or require additional support after consulting the updated API documentation, please reach out for support.

We’re here to help, and the small investment of time and resources required to enhance these security protocols will be well worth it to safeguard the health and uninterrupted function of your Enphase systems.

Thank you,

The Enphase Team

1 Like