Entity Button Card - Hold_Action doesn't work on IOS

I have a call-service defined in the “hold_action”, and a different one in “tap_action”. The tap_action works on IOS/iPadOS, however the hold_action doesn’t. Any help?

The same works on my Windows desktop and Android phone. Is this a bug in iOS? are there any workarounds?

2 Likes

I’d also like to know if this is a known issue or one that can be addressed. Just spent a week working on a new alarm integration using a nodemcu and esphome and getting conditional button cards to appear based on sensor states. Loads of trial and error and late nights learning and doing and when i finally showed the wife tonight what i had been doing to make her life easier - i was gutted to find long press (essential for the setup) doesn’t work on her iphone!

Just discovered this issue myself. The hold_action works great in desktop browsers, but not on iOS or within the HA iOS app.

Although, I found this topic to add 3D Touch. I have not had a chance to try this out, but it looks promising as a workaround for the lack of hold_action

Definitely seeing similar issues with the hold action on iOS. Will give the deep press a go to see if this improves.

Do we know if the double_tap_action works in iOS? I have a single button for play/pause and wanted the tap_action to play and hold to be pause but also found it didn’t work on the iPhone. So now thinking would double tap work and how fast does that double_tap have to happen in order to not be considered hitting play twice or triggering play and then play again.

Is there some way to make this work? Noticed as well that hold action doesn’t work on my wife’s phone.

Any updates on this issue?

Just found this out. Thought I was missing something, but then noticed it works as should on my laptop.

EDIT: Well the “deep press” integration card fixed it. If it works it works. :smiley:

Has anyone found another solution for this other than the Deep Press custom integration?

Deep Press works, however when the deep_press: true is added to the Lovelace Picture Entity card, tap_action: toggle no longer works.

This still exists in 3/28/2022. I have opened a bug in ios HA tracker.

2 Likes

Yep just came across the same issue tonight.

As an alternative I switched to double tap which works fine.

Id say that it does not work fine when general indestry use hold to get more info. And now when u can’t do that it becomes a problem for the general people and when u have a family trying to use what they used to in any other app…

That this ain’t fix yet is nothing other then weird.