Envisalink - Arm Night

I’m following along in this discussion and see that the PR got closed out due to inactivity. I attempted to use alarm_arm_night and it shows as not implemented. Was there a plan to get this into stable hass.io?

Yeah as i recall there was someone else working on that a while back, didn’t see where they landed until recently. The pyenvisalink library is all setup to pass the command- so the plumbing is in place, just need to install the sink, so to speak. I’m in the middle of the commit process for some bug fixes, but once I get that tested I can get this in.

Good day, I wanted to try and keep this thread alive. I see several Hass.io updates took place since the last time I looked at this thread. Any more movement getting this into the official release?

I just updated from 87.1 to 88.0. My Arm Night-using the directions in this thread-worked prior to 88.0 Here are the errors I am seeing:

Error while executing automation automation.arm_night_stay_instant. Unknown error for call_service at pos 1:

9:06 AM components/alarm_control_panel/init.py (ERROR)

Error handling message: {‘type’: ‘call_service’, ‘domain’: ‘alarm_control_panel’, ‘service’: ‘alarm_arm_night’, ‘service_data’: {}, ‘id’: 18}

9:06 AM components/alarm_control_panel/init.py (ERROR)

Not passing an entity ID to a service to target all entities is deprecated. Update your call to alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_night to be instead: entity_id: all

9:06 AM helpers/entity_component.py (WARNING) - message first occured at 9:06 AM and shows up 2 times

Not passing an entity ID to a service to target all entities is deprecated. Update your call to alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm to be instead: entity_id: all

7:06 AM helpers/entity_component.py (WARNING)

Anyone else seeing this or have suggestions to fix?

Thanks!

More details:

Fri Feb 22 2019 09:06:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Error while executing automation automation.arm_night_stay_instant. Unknown error for call_service at pos 1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/init.py”, line 375, in action
await script_obj.async_run(variables, context)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py”, line 131, in async_run
await self._handle_action(action, variables, context)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py”, line 210, in _handle_action
action, variables, context)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py”, line 299, in _async_call_service
context=context
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 85, in async_call_from_config
domain, service_name, service_data, blocking=blocking, context=context)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1133, in async_call
self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1155, in _execute_service
await handler.func(service_call)
File “/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/init.py”, line 140, in async_alarm_service_handler
yield from getattr(alarm, method)(code)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/init.py”, line 130, in alarm_arm_night
raise NotImplementedError()
NotImplementedError

There might be a clue in the Harmony fix to web sockets: [Resolved] Harmony Hub issues after February 2019 update v.4.15.250

It appears there was a change to the websockets api in .88.

2019-02-22 09:06:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1877008272] Error handling message: {‘type’: ‘call_service’, ‘domain’: ‘alarm_control_panel’, ‘service’: ‘alarm_arm_night’, ‘service_data’: {}, ‘id’: 18}

I confirmed this works with the HA Manual alarm: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/alarm_control_panel.manual/

The issue only affects envisalink.

Just FYI, still in 88.2

Thanks!

Yeah the difference between the envisalink alarm panel component and the manual one is that for envisalink, it’s both a platform as well as a component, so there may be differences in setup.

Regardless i think it’s high time we just get this put in to the official release since it shouldn’t be too much to get done since the pyenvisalink library already does it.

Thanks! Let me know if you want me to test.

Sounds good will do! Will be ready really soon. I have a pending pull request to get this in. It works on my panel, but i have a honeywell panel. I’ll update once the pull request is accepted.

1 Like

How is it going?

Thanks!

I think this might be the same for the ‘alarm_trigger’ service. I am unable to pull that one either.

Any hope to see a fix soon?

Thx!

Hi, I appreciate what you’ve done so far but it looks like the pull requests for arming in night mode have been abandoned. Are you still planning on completing this?

Why do you need it as a service? Can’t you arm in night mode with the keypad or just use stay mode?

- service: alarm_control_panel.envisalink_alarm_keypress
        data:
          entity_id: 'alarm_control_panel.home_alarm'
          keypress: '*74'

Because I’d like to be able to use the built in night arm button on the alarm panel card. I don’t use stay mode because I’d like my alarm to immediately sound if it’s breached while I’m sleeping.

I need it as well so that I can arm night from Siri – the call Siri makes through HomeKit integration is for alarm_arm_night and all the Envisalink code doesn’t support it. I end up having to copy over the dev versions of the files every time I update home assistant which sucks.

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to chime in- i’m still around :slight_smile:. Unfortunately I ran into some challenges getting everything committed- I believe there were a number of changes made to the core platform that handles how devices are initialized, and in addition the project team also changed how components/platforms are organized in the codebase. So by the time the reviewers went to review my code, i basically had found that i’d have to start all over with my change (while learning the new standards), and I just didn’t have the time.

So yeah i’m afraid that pull request is indeed dead, even if we re-kindle the effort, since the actual change that will need to be made is now different.

Fair enough. Would you be ok if I took your original pull requests and updated them to work with the current codebase?

1 Like

Absolutely! As you might have guessed- life is getting in the way on my end :frowning:

I’ve implemented alarm_arm_night for the Envisalink and it was just merged today under PR 27087

I don’t know what happened but my envisalink just stopped working… Everything was good and it went legs up … possibly my favorite integration with Home Assistant.