Error HA installation, no supervisor internet connection

Hello everybody,

I’m trying to instal HA on my raspberry pi 4. During the installation I get the following error:

[supervisor.jobs] ‘Updater.fetch_data’ blocked from execution, no supervisor internet connection [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Error on Home Assistant installation. Retry in 30sec

Which let me to the following forum post. After following the ha command in HA terminal, I got the following error in HA terminal:
Error: accepts 1 ary(s), received 2

After this I tried a lot, but I’m not certain what to do. I’m also very new to this kind of work which makes it more complicated. I’d appreciate any help in getting this working. Thank you for your time in advance.

As you say you are not used to this sort of thing I have to assume you are not trying to install HA on a vm in windows as in that post you linked.

Can you give us more info, like what guide you are following, whether you have a monitor attached to the pi, and stuff like that.

Here is the guide you should be following as a newbie.

There are other ways but they will take a bit more experience.

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes I’m following the guide you’ve linked. I have a monitor, mouse, and keyboard linked to my raspberry pi. The Pi is also connected via an ethernet cable via a network switch.
I’m not trying to instal HA on a vm in windows. I’m accessing http://homeassistant:8123/ via my MacBook, which is also the last step in the installation procedure, but instead of the welcome screen, those errors I’ve listed above show up.

Does what you are seeing on the monitor look like this pic in this post. (ignore anything in this post as I just linked it as it was the first pic I found)

If so does it list an IP address, try accessing by using the IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx:8123

If there is no IP address either the pi is not connecting to your network or the installation is failing.

Are you using an SD card? These can often appear ok but are failing, also power supplies cause issues with RPi’s.

This is what my monitor looks like:

There is an IP address, but by accessing using the “IP address”:8123 it says that the site can’t be reached.
I’m using a SD card. I don’t see any issues with power supply.

That is exactly how it should look, I guess the mac is on the same network, I don’t use a mac so can’t say if there is anything you need to do to view the page.

But your page should be viewable from http://192.168.0.104:8123 if the mac is not seeing it try to access the page from a different device just to check. Beyond that you could reboot, but I guess you tried that already.

What does the page say if you use http://192.168.0.104:4357.

You are unfortunately reaching the limits of my knowledge on RPi installations, but someone else may have some other Ideas.

The Home Assistant URL:8123 give the following:

The Observer URL:4357 give the following:

Fresh install direct from RPI installer.

Same exact issue here.

I am experiencing the same issue.
Created the install using Raspberry Pi Imager.
System fails install very early in the setup with:

[supervisor.utils.whoami] Can’t fetch Whoami data: Cannot connect to host services.home-assistant.io:443 ssl:default [Try again]

I have proven the system does have internet connectivity doing the following:

From a separate system:
ping ip-of-HA-device shows connectivity.

From the HV device, I have run a ping to 142.250.72.14 and this shows connectivity. (142.250.72.14 is an IP for google.com).

My firewall is letting the device out on all UDP and TCP ports and I do see the device sending datagrams to our internal DNS service (UDP 53).

The problem, I believe is well described in issue 3790 which is said to be a dup of 3764 and fixed by 3783. 3790 describes a workaround that I have tried with no fix.

I find it interesting that this issue continues to come up multiple times and is just not getting resolved.

I personally and not impressed. I have been around the block with multiple home automation systems and would really like HA to work. I tried HA a few years ago, and it was missing some key functionality. So there is this new release that is suppose to be awesome… does not work! Come on!

SmartThings has just gotten terrible and too slow and is cloud based now.
OpenHAB… don’t get me started.
Habituate … local execution, with a 1990s UI.
The list goes on.

But at least I can get these to install so I can try them.

This really needs to get fixed for good this time. The defect has been around for 2 years and is a blocker with no real workaround.

Is someone from HA actually thinking about fixing this. I sure would like to give HA a try.

same problem here

After some digging I found my router was assigning Home Assistant the same IP address as my NAS; not sure why.

In any case, I assigned the Raspberry Pi that Home Assistant is running on (based on its MAC ID) to another fixed IP address, unplugged the Raspberry and Plugged it back in and that error was resolved.