Error updating Home Assistant Core 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution

Everything other than what you install outside the official installer is “non prescribed”. Read the docs.

I’m not sure such attitude is something that’s healthy in this forum. And you are the one who should read what others are trying to say. You missed all the points entirely.

You can turn off the health check which will let you update through SSH. I forget the command, just run help on the ha su and it’ll probably show up in the help list.

Perhaps you missed this that I quoted in another thread, this is the justification. This was a response to a suggestion to remove portainer from the unhealthy list.

Unfortunately, we have seen cases where Portainer possibly interferes. In normal setups, it should also not be needed to run Portainer directly, nor does the general goal of running Portainer fit Home Assistants architectural guidelines/goals (Supervisor and Portainer both have the goal of orchestration, which is conflicting).

In most cases, it will actually cause more problems for lesser experienced users that have no idea what they are getting themselves into. Yet, those lesser experienced users, are the main target audience for this installation method and the ones that need to be protected from getting themselves into impossible situations. More often resulting in support requests, issue reports, end-user frustrations, and an overall bad user experience.

If one really wants to work directly with Docker and has the experience, we, of course, offer the Home Assistant container installation method; which would be a much better fit for you in that case.

Anyways, we provide the means to override/disable these checks, if you really wish, using the CLI tools: ha jobs options --ignore-conditions healthy

Please note, this will render your system into an unsupported state (as running additional containers is not supported anyways, as is also documented).

Going to close the PR on this end, as an advanced option/alternative is offered.

…/Frenck

Nice,

That’s fixt it👍🏻

You run the command ha jobs reset but it wont always work you can also check the jobs.json file in the home assistant folder and delete the content in the file but keep the file itself.

You can also rename the portainer container it will keep you installation unsupported but will fix not healty and will allow future updates. Here some guidance’s i found on FB

Where do I have to run “ha jobs options --ignore-conditions healthy”? I tried everything is allways same error

In your host terminal. For example, in my case in the raspberry pi terminal. No

Do you know if there are a method to run addons with docker installation? It’s a good feature for fast deployment.

No there is not. But they are all docker containers anyway.

But I lost the ability to pin them in the lateral bar and access them from outside of my house. I finally use iframe option and each service is accesible with a website. But if the service has not basic auth, I can’t use them :frowning: .

If you want addons, use haos or supervised.

i had nom oficial insyaltion so i was able thought cli addon. i whink they should put 1 option to enable and disable this healthily feature i don´t think they should lock the features to avanced users because of newbie users.

1 Like

I’ll just migrate to HassOS and separate Docker VM. I’ve already migrated my Homebridge container to a separate VM with docker, and removed portainer. It allowed me to update once Portainer was removed.

I just don’t want to waste my time with hacky solutions and having to go to CLI every time I need to update Hass and such. I am not yet pulling the trigger on migrating Hass, I’ll sleep on it some more. Need to weight cons and pros. It did prove invaluable a few times in the past, like when I had to troubleshoot some issues with Elelabs ZigBee USB stick, and actually ended up chatting with their support (thanks to them, very friendly people), and we managed to solve the problem and I believe it later got them to patch their firmware and update their docs. Things we had to do would not be possible in HassOS with it’s limited CLI and no package manager. And now it works without any tweaks. (Issue was specific to using Proxmox and VM afaik)

But other than that… Maybe it’s not worth it. And time to move on.

Thank you this solved my issue going from 2022.10.0 to 2022.11.0.

The people who say we moan because we run supervised in a container, are just moaning themself.
I never understood why it was not possible. The HA container is just too basic to be useful.
I have a bigger unused equipment that I can use for multiple low cpu things instead of realying on multiple hardware.

You can run anything beside HA Container, it won’t moan or block or kill your kittens.

HA Supervised will (well I dunno about the kittens).

From what I remember, there were add-ons, somes privileged in supervised that couldn’t be done in a simple container and not bale to link.

But it been a long time, so either things changed or my memory is bad.

Thanks @pbvdven , its solved now