ESP Somfy RTS Integration

If they are RTS then they should work just fine.

Make sure you set this to RTW on the Edit Shade screen. Changing it at the radio screen will have no effect.

Go to HACS and make sure you have the latest updates for the integration.

The cc1101 is capable of 434 mhz but the timings may be different. ESPSomfy already allows you to tune the base frequency up to that frequency. It is probably RTV. With that many motors I would create a few devices and place them strategically.

thank you very much @rstrouse I will try it and see if it works. greetings

Did a full new re-install, all the latest versions. Did the trick again, have my shades back.

Oh neat! That sounds like it makes this idea easier.

:sweat_smile: Sorry, I was casting a line to sign you up for an entirely different project with Lutron CasĆ©ta (itā€™s light switches, fan switches, nothing Somfy related). But, I see my bait didnā€™t work. Ah well, guess thatā€™s an idea Iā€™d have to pursue myself.

Thanks for this project. Itā€™s really coolā€¦!

However, there are two things in my configuration that I donā€™t understand:

1.) I have creates several shades which can be controlled easily with HA now. Two of them do not work in groups. I have removed and added them several times now. But it is always the same. I see how the percentages changes in HA, but the shades do not moveā€¦ Again: only two out of 13. When I control them as single shades, it worksā€¦

2.) From time to time it seems that HA looses the connection to a few of the shades, which is indicated by a yellow exclamation mark on the shades symbol in HA. These shades cannot be controlled then. I can reload the integration and it directly works again.

Any ideas, what the problem is here?

Just wanted to give an update on use with a Clever retrofit kit. I first tried to use Blind for the Type. All three of the Tilt Types behaved the same: down would fully tilt the blinds down, up would fully tilt the blinds up, ā€œmyā€ would do nothing, and any percentage would either do nothing or fully tilt one way or the other.

I fiddled with it for a bit, and decided to try a different Type. I used Roller Shade for the Type, and it works a bit better now! Down and up fully tilt like before, but ā€œmyā€ now works, and the percentages also work.

Iā€™m not sure how many folks have a Clever retrofit kit, so Iā€™m not sure how much effort you want to put into supporting it. Selfishly, Iā€™d love to see it as a different Type. But, maybe the thing to do is add a section in the wiki about it.

Semi-related, it looks like the Situo 5 remote uses 56 bits, while the Bond Bridge uses 80 bits, yet the Clever motor seems to respond to either one. Dunno if thatā€™s how all Somfy motors work, or if thatā€™s news.

In any case, ESP Somfy RTS seems to be working well (after my one day of tinkering). Itā€™s got better range than the Bond Bridge, since it can see the furthest blind more reliably so far. Iā€™m excited to see how things go after a bit more time of using it. Thanks again for making this!

It is apparently the group functionality. When I create the same groups in HA (as helpers) it works as intended.

I would prefer to use the groups in the ESPSomfyRTS-Tool but I donā€™t know why it is not working properlyā€¦

Hello!

I just want to say thank you for all your hard work on this project!

I think Iā€™m running into a similar pinout issue on my wESP-PoE as someone else had on their Lilygo. Iā€™ve connected TX to GPIO33, however there is no GPIO33 to select in the interface. I have the transceiver connected properly as I can see commands from the original remote, but Iā€™m unable to pair with my awning.

Which pin should GDO0/TX be connected to on a wESP-POE?

Thanks!!
Riley

I answered my own question! Itā€™s the same as the Lilygo - GPIO4. On the wESP board, thatā€™s pin 15.

So, to recap, on the wESP board for GDO0/TX it should be connected to GPIO4 and not GPIO33.

Riley

Hello,

first of all thank you for sharing this great project!

I have 8 blinds and 7 shutters, I was able to link them all without problems.

All blinds and shutters are equipped with a Telis 1 RTS remote control.
Unfortunately I am unable to link them using the [Link Remote] button in the ESPSomfy RTS software.

I can control all the shutters and blinds via the software but I canā€™t pick them up when they are moved by remote control.

I have already swapped RX and TX for testing without success.

@DUC750

When you go to the logs tab in the Radio config pages do you see any frames being sent by the remote?

Some things to check.

1. The remote should be sending signals on 433.42mHz so ensure you have 433.42mHz as the center frequency.
  2. Double check your wiring. Try setting the RX setting in the Transceiver page to the same pin as the TX pin. ESPSomfy RTS will multiplex the pin so that it transmits and receives on that same pin.
  3. Widen the RX Bandwidth to around 50kHz at a time and press the Save Radio button after each change. Lets see if it starts picking up the signal. You can do quite a bit of tuning with the software to pick up uncooperative remotes.
1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. Tip no. 3 did it. I increased the frequency in about 50kHz steps and then around 150kHz I received the signals from the remote control. You made my day :slight_smile:

Awesome. Glad I could help.

1 Like

Thanks, I donā€™t have that hardware so I was going off what was written in the document for the board. It must have been an earlier version of the board that I was looking at as GPIO33 cannot be used as an output pin.

Iā€™ll have look at what it will take to flip the lift commands for the tilt commands. Tilt Only is a setting that I pulled out because I didnā€™t fully understand how it worked, but will look at homing the lift percentage to 100% and create a tilt type so it maps up/down/my to the tilt instead of the lift. I believe now these motors are the same as a roller motor but the mechanism is simply connected to the slats.

Iā€™ll have to see if Home Assistant can work that way.

When it does this, can the shade be correctly controlled by ESPSomfy RTS. In other words when you move using the web interface, do all the shades move in the direction clicked? The reason I am asking is because there are limited slots for remotes. Unfortunately, there are quite a few integrations out there that do not un-pair themselves so these slots get filled up, but the motor still responds as if it acknowledged the pairing. But never stores the address.

In these cases you need to reset the shade to factory settings to clear out the memory so another remote can be paired. I assume you are using the ESPSomfy RTS grouping functions not trying to create manual groups in HA.

Sorry, I rejoiced too soon. It had worked great (screenshot 20:19-20:20). Now, about 1 hour later, the remote control signals are no longer received. Although I have not changed anything.

EDIT: I went through the complete frequency range again in steps of 50. No signal reception.