ESP Somfy RTS Integration

That is very weird. Do you get signal when you get the remote close to the ESPSomfy RTS device? How are you connected to the transceiver. If you are using dupont connectors make sure they are making a good connection to the transceiver.

If ESPSomfy RTS is connected to your network via WiFi did you reserve the IP address so that no other device is given its address?

Yes, I have my test setup right on my desk and the remote right next to it. The transceiver is connected via wifi, there is an AP right in the room. The IP address is also fixed. I will check the Dupont connectors again tomorrow, that could indeed be the problem, as I remembered reading that I relegated the test setup back to its temporary housing afterwards, maybe a cable lost contact in the process. I will report.

@joneshf

If you update to v2.1.3 you will have a tilt only blind selection. Donā€™t forget to update your HA integration as well. It will reflect the tilt only functions and display differently to reflect the tilt only functions of the blind. This should work to set the my positions and seek a tilt position for the motor.

Most 56 bit motors will ignore the bits that are written into the silence portion of the frame. There are some however, that do not and will occasionally mistake the additional bits as noise causing the motor to drop the command. I havenā€™t seen any of the Somfy branded motors so far that do this but there are some off brands that do.

Situo 5 is definitely a 56 bit remote. The only Somfy remotes that I have seen that use 80 bits so far are the ones with the tilt wheel but there are several aftermarket ones that use 80 bits.

1 Like

Hi, I ran the update following the document. Firmware updated fine but the littlefs stopped at 59% I had saved the backup as advised BUT I canā€™t restore it :frowning_face: and I discovered that all my backups are invalid

This is what I get in the console:

Validating restore
Reading header at 0
version:1 len:0 shadeSize:0 shadeRecs:0 groupSize:0 groupRecs: 0 pos:0
Invalid Shade Record Size:0
Shade config file invalid!

my backups are 10.7k big so they are not of 0 size

I have like 10 backups and they are all invalid :sleepy: is there a way to fix this issue ?
I am wondering what would happen if I canā€™t restore the backup since all the motors are having their memory filled with the previous pairing.

Forgot to mention that I had also reverted the firmware version but that didnā€™t help either so
I have been able to restore the backup by re-flashing the ESP32 !
After flashing it back to the version I used when I had paired the shades I have been able to restore the backup

Okay, you hit the mark again. I freed the test setup from the temporary case, checked the Duponts and lo and behold, it works! I am very satisfied :-).

Now itā€™s time to print a professional case and solder the components onto a PCB.
Has anyone already created a PCB for this project at PCBWay or another vendor?

@Vincha
Open an issue on the github repository and copy one of the backups there. The file is simply a fixed length text file and the first line should have a summary of what is included in the backup.

@DUC750

@prbtt was working on a board but I donā€™t know if what came of it.

If I follow the instructions on how to connect a cc1101 to my esp32 (i got the one below), i get no results on the logs tab when I press a button on the remote (somfy situo rts). I have already successfully added the shades with this ESPHome integration

It is not quite clear to me, but should i be seeing packets immediately? if so, what am i doing wrong? I have tried to switch the tx and rx, and what i also did was connecting the cc1101 the same way i connected to my working setup (tx=gpio2 and rx=gpio4, with the radio configured the corresponding) but that did not give me any packets either.

If the packets should not show, but a shade has to be added first, then the alinea before the screenshot with the logs in this wiki does not explain fully that that should happen. Configuring the Software Ā· rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS Wiki Ā· GitHub

So, i found out that the packets should show but that does not happen for the somfy remote. It happend with the other esp32 i had already connected. After pairing the shade, the ESP32 works. I still though, cannot receive commands from the remote. So it is not possible to link the remote. What can i do to link the remote?

Edit: i got my answer:

Read the thread from here: ESP Somfy RTS Integration - #215 by rstrouse
I had the same problem and was able to solve it with these clues.

Perhaps this is a bit unrelated, but Iā€™ve been using this integrations with six blinds for a few months now without any problems at all. Thank you!

I installed the custom integration vis HACS.

But lately, HA has been ā€œdiscoveringā€ extra integrations for me to configure. One is ā€œESPSomfyRTS.local.ā€ and the other is the MQTT integration.

Maybe more of an HA question, but Iā€™m curious what triggers this and why itā€™s suggesting I configure the ESP Somfy RTS integration when itā€™s already set up and working.

If I remember correctly, a while back I went ahead and installed the MQTT integration but then got warnings about incompatible or duplicate entities before an update. I removed ESP Somfy RTS (and MQTT) and reinstalled. But, now seeing them discovered again.

Thanks,

That is odd. The integration uniquely identifies each instance on the network by chip id that is embedded in the ESP32. This should not change. If HA already has this id then it should not appear in the detected devices list. In the ESPSomfy RTS web interface turn off SSDP.

I donā€™t know anything about the MQTT integration as I do not use it. The embedded socket integration that is published as part of ESPSomfy RTS-HA is much more efficient. I do not know what triggers that to show a potential device. But if you are not using it you should uncheck enable MQTT Client in the ESPSomfy RTS web interface.

Thanks for the response.

Iā€™ve unchecked ā€œBroadcast uPnP over SSDPā€ and will update if anything changes.

I didnā€™t have MQTT checked in the web interface.

Oh, I see whatā€™s happening! I first used Pi-Somfy on the blinds and never removed the MQTT broker. But (I assume) HA is finding them because of MQTT Discovery and the queues still being around. I removed the MQTT addon for now, since Iā€™m not using it. Should take care of that auto discovery.

Thanks again!

After an update i am no longer able to open the WEB UI but the board is still connected to my WiFi.
How can i solve this?

@smartmatic Lets go through some troubleshooting steps. I assume you updated your device using the instructions in this wiki. Updating ESPSomfy RTS Ā· rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS Wiki Ā· GitHub

Please verify that the ESPSomfy RTS device is not in AP mode waiting for configuration. To do this simply scan the wifi networks for an ESPSomfy RTS network.

After we have verified all that connect a USB data cable between the ESPSomfy RTS device and a computer. Navigate to https://web.esphome.io/ then connect to the device by clicking the connect button. Once it has connected click on the logs button and lets see what is showing in there.

Device is connected to the network. I do not see an ESPSomfy AP and see the device in my router with an aassigned IP.

Here the logs

Cļæ½Eļæ½ļæ½eļæ½ļæ½ļæ½E (246) psram: PSRAM ID read error: 0xffffffff

Startup/Boot....
Preference GFG Free Entries: 462
Preference IP Free Entries: 462
SECURITY   Type:0 Username:[] Password:[] Pin:[] Permissions:0
Connection Type: 1
NTP Settings 
pool.ntp.org TZ:CEST-1CET,M3.2.0/2:00:00,M11.1.0/2:00:00
WIFI Settings
 SSID: [mySSID] PassPhrase: [myPASSWORD]
Mounting File System...
File system mounted successfully

Launching web server...
Creating Web MicroServices...
WiFi Mode: 0
Scanned 12 Networks...
 0: ShellyPlus1PM-A8032ABAEDF0 (-49dBm) CH:6 MAC:A8:03:2A:BA:ED:F1
 1:  (-52dBm) CH:6 MAC:8C:85:80:28:A8:E5
 2:  (-53dBm) CH:6 MAC:AE:8B:A9:23:C2:FE
*3: Cablenet (-55dBm) CH:6 MAC:AC:8B:A9:48:26:3A
 4:  (-58dBm) CH:6 MAC:B2:8B:A9:48:26:3A
 5:  (-61dBm) CH:6 MAC:AE:8B:A9:13:C2:FE
*6: Cablenet (-62dBm) CH:6 MAC:AC:8B:A9:63:C2:FE
 7:  (-66dBm) CH:6 MAC:B6:8B:A9:35:96:B6
 8: Corky (-70dBm) CH:1 MAC:74:42:7F:14:F4:C3
*9: Cablenet (-70dBm) CH:6 MAC:AC:8B:A9:35:96:B6
 10:  (-71dBm) CH:6 MAC:B2:8B:A9:35:96:B6
 11: WelcomeHome (-73dBm) CH:1 MAC:76:42:7F:14:F4:C3
Connecting to AP
Set hostname to:ESPSomfyRTS
Successfully Connected to WiFi!!!!192.168.178.20 (-62dbm)
MDNS Responder Started: serverId=78D43C
Connected to SSDP
SSDP Client Started...
App Version:2.0.3
No longer using NVS
Reading header at 0
version:11 len:24 shadeSize:248 shadeRecs:32 groupSize:176 groupRecs: 16 pos:24
Applying radio settings Setting Data Pins RX:12 TX:13
Setting SPI Pins SCK:18 MISO:19 MOSI:23 CSN:5
Radio Pins Configured!
Successfully set up the radio
Enabling receive on Pin #12
Initializing RX Queue
Successfully connected MQTT client client-00003cd478842178
MQTT Subscribed to:espsomfy/shades/+/target/set
MQTT Subscribed to:espsomfy/shades/+/tiltTarget/set
MQTT Subscribed to:espsomfy/shades/+/direction/set
MQTT Subscribed to:espsomfy/shades/+/mypos/set
MQTT Subscribed to:espsomfy/shades/+/myTiltPos/set
MQTT Subscribed to:espsomfy/shades/+/sunFlag/set
MQTT Subscribed to:espsomfy/groups/+/direction/set

Do you see something unusual?

I see an app version of 2.0.3 that is very unusual. Type the following into a browser window.
http://192.168.178.20/backup. This should download a file that contains your shade configuration.

This appears as if the ESP did not finish uploading the application files.

Unfortunately its just loading but nothing downloading
Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-01 um 19.44.53

When you issue that command in the browser, do you see anything in the console log that we set up previously? The log seems to indicate that it successfully started the web server so there should be some response from it.