ESP Somfy RTS Integration

@ rtrouse

You are trying to install the firmware repository as the integration.

The integration is https://github.com/rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS-HA

Thank you for your quick and precise response. This is totally my mistake. I took the time to continue before responding to you. I just got my first Somfy moving with the computer. Your work is fantastic. Your availability is remarkable. Simply thank you.

1 Like

Which remote do you have? Is it a remote with a thumbwheel?

It is a somfy telis 16 . Does not have a thumbwheel. Got it working ok with your project only issue is the position feedback is a bit off. Tilt is working perfect when position is at 0 but feedback gets a bit out of sync when blind is opening due to tilt not going to 0 or 100%.

It sounds like there needs to be a shade type of vertical blind that limits the tilt movements from 30-70% when it is at anything less than 100%. If that is the case post an enhancement request on the repository issues section. That way when I get some time I can have a look at how to implement such a thing.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Feature request added to the github page.

Not sure if anyone can help but I purchased two Somfy Tilt & Lift 25 RTS Roman blinds and got one of them to pair fine but am struggling with the other one. I can get it to go into pair mode (it jogs once) but I canā€™t get it to jog when pressing the pair button in ESP Somfy. Anything obvious that I should be checking? Iā€™ve already tried moving it right next to the blind but no change and I got an additional remote to pair with it fine.

Check to make sure you have RTS selected as the protocol. Also if there is a failed pairing in the memory you can either change the address to another address or factory reset the blind and start over.

Changing the address did the trick, thanks!

Which address didnā€˜t work?

821975 didnā€™t work but I donā€™t think itā€™s anything to do with the number, it must have just failed somehow the first time I tried it but still stored in the memory.

Hello,
It seems that all posts here are about RTS @ 433MHz (USA). In Europe it seems that both IO and RTS protocols are around so RTS must be modulated on a 868MHz carrier here in Europe. It seems that I am lucky and have a RTS version of hardware to control my shades (see picture of my Telis 4 RTS below).
It seems that the CC1101 module can be configured for many frequencies (including 868MHz) and that this happens over SPI.
My question is therefore:
Is this integration (or ESP32 firmware) able to configure the frequency of the CC1101 module to 868MHz?
Has someone already tried to use it in Europe on 868MHz?
I would prefer to know that this is possible before trying to setup the system
Thank you very much
Gerd

RTS is in Europe also at 433MHz.
IO is not supported.

Thank you for your reply. It seems I wrongly thought that all RF remote controls in Europe were using 868MHz (just because all my remotes from non-Somfy systems are using 868MHz). So rstrouseā€™s system should work in my case. I will try to build it.

For IO I understand that it is a bi-directional system using encryption, that it will never be possible to make some home-built stuff and will always be locked to what the suppliers want to selle usā€¦ (Tahoma, KLF200, etc.). I guess that the price for security is loss of flexibility. Thatā€™s understandable for windows and door locks, but is annoying for simple stuff like controlling shades.

I have managed to connect one of my blinds to the esp but when I tried linking the old remote back it stopped working and also the remote does not work. I have no idea what to do. I tried resetting the blind it jogs but that is all. I get the logs from the remote but nothing happens and from the esp nothing.

Just to be sure, did you use a different address for ESPSomfy-RTS than the original remote control?

I used the same address. Should it had been different?

Yes. Please read the wiki
https://github.com/rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS/wiki

Thank you, so that is what I did wrong. Do you have any idea how I can fix it? I tried resetting the blind but it only jogs up and down and I cannot pair with the remote or with the esp. I will be away for a while but when I come back I was thinking to change the address but was wondering if there is something else I am supposed to do to make it work.

Hi there,

I was hoping to get some troubleshooting support if possible.

Issue Details:
After installing the firmware to my ESP32-WROOM I am able to pick up radio signals from our remotes as well as logs of activity from the remotes actions with the blinds however none of the roller blinds are being picked up when I initiate the pairing process.

ESP 32 Model:
ESP32 CP2102 TYPE-C

Antenna:
CC1101 Wireless Module With SMA Antenna Wireless Transceiver Module
AliExpress Link

Somfy Remote:
Situo 5 RTS Pure II

Due to limitations for uploading images for new users I have added applicable screenshots here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

It is my first time ever working with development boards so I have no doubt there error is on my end somewhere however I can confirm the instructed wiring is correctly matching the GPIOā€™s from this model of board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if more information is required I will be happy to add.

What do you mean with that exactly?