ESP Somfy RTS Integration

If no remote can be added, then you could try to use an other address. If that not work, then you probably have to reset the motor because the memory is full. (For reset you need to read the manual of your model and configure it again.)

Sorry, should have been clearer here. None of the blinds are working with the pairing process (e.g. no roller jig when pressing ā€œprogā€)

Receiving worked for me initially, but sending didnā€™t work. I then swapped RX and TX, after which both worked for meā€¦ If itā€™s easy, you could try that.

No luck unfortunately after swapping them, still the same lack of response when ā€œprogā€ is pressed.

You can also try using other addresses. Some motors cannot handle some addresses. But whatā€™s strange is that itā€™s like this with all your motors. (It would be very unlikely that the memories of all your motors are full.)

Agreed, I have a feeling the error is on my end and is related to the CC1101 or ESP32 in some wayā€¦

GPIO 1 and GPIO 3 are not good choices for RX and TX pins for the CC1101 Transceiver. RX0 and TX0 are are connected to the stdout. Without special consideration on the WROOM they will give you grief. Your top row of pins are great choose 12, 13, or 14 for your RX/TX (GDO2/GDO0) pin selection.

1 Like

That appears to have done the trick, thank you very much sir!

One thing that it seems to struggle with however is the MY or STOP button in both the Web GUI or HA. Strangely if I order the blinds down and then attempt to stop them it doesnā€™t register the action however if I order the blinds back up and then attempt to stop them it does register it.

Anyway the fact that they are working at all is fantastic!

Add a repeat to the blinds that are giving you an issue in ESPSomfy RTS. Sometimes when the motor is moving it can create a little bit of interference for the radio on the motor.

Unfortunately adding a repeat did not resolve the issue. The blinds are picked up perfectly via remote, the ESP32 picks up the disgnated actions from the remote without issue via the logs but using the Web UI Virtual Remote or Home Assistant buttons often requires multple clicks in order for the blinds to register a command.

That is not a behavior that I would suspect. Does this improve if you move the ESPSomfy RTS device closer? If it does, give me an idea of what esp32, transceiver, antenna, and how you have it wired together. Also verify that you have the TX power set to 10dbm.

Moving it closer does not improve it either. I have moved the antenna to within 2 feet of a blind without any improvement in itā€™s reliability.

I have it wired according to the wiring instructions for the E07-M11OD-SMA model except I have positioned the TX and RX in GPIO12 and GPIO14 slots respectively based on your previous guidance.

TX power is indeed set to the default 10 dbm.

Are you using DuPont connectors or did you solder them. I canā€™t find a data sheet for that board.

Iā€™m using dupont connectors, I wouldnā€™t trust my soldering capabilities :no_mouth:, data sheet can be found here: IMGUR

(You can ignore the image for TX and RX GPIO locations, they have been updated to GPIO12 and GPIO 14)

That wasnā€™t really what I was looking for on the data sheet. But it tells me enough to assume a few things about how the CP2102 is connected.

Your receive data is very respectable and I have never seen an issue where the transceiver could receive better than it transmits. So this leads me to have you check a couple of things.

First, if you have another DuPont connector, replace the one connected between GPIO12 and GDO0 on the transceiver. DuPont connectors can go loose and not provide good connection after they have been pushed over a pin a couple times.

Next double check the base frequency and move it back to 433.420 if you moved it during receive tuning. This will get us to a baseline that gets us back to the assumed frequency of the motor.

After you have done the two things above test it again and see if we have better results on the transmit side. If not, then I would like you to connect GPIO14 to the GDO0 pin on the transceiver.

Do not do this with power on, power down the unit when doing this then plug back in. After it boots set the RX and TX to GPIO14 in the configuration and try again. If this does not work then I suspect there is an issue/defect with the transceiver.

SOLVED!

So before I decided to start amending the connections I decided to play around with the repeat commands option in the User Interface.

It turns out all the blinds need was a little repetitive push, with all blinds set to 2 repeats for each command they are now working perfectly! (When you had originally suggested repeat I misinterpreted that as adding a ā€œrepeaterā€ in the UIā€¦ dumb mistakeā€¦)

A big thank you rstrouse for dedicating your time to help me and also for building this fantastic hardware/software solution for us SOMFY users. :pray:

Great I am glad you are up and running. Commonly it takes more than one frame for some motors. Repeaters are used to improve the range of a remote so that it can be heard by the motor from a further distance so that is repeating the signal from a remote.

Conversely, the repeat commands dropdown will repeat commands from ESPSomfy RTS the specified number of times. This is often needed for some motors. It is very hard to get a remote to only issue one command since these are sent out at about 7 frames per second.

Maybe a silly question but can this also be accomplished with a Zigbee module instead of 433Mhz?
A friend of y has Sonesse 30 RS485 blinds and issues in combination with KNX so we ant to make an integration with HA via Zigbee.

Thanks in advance!

This solution is only for RTS protocol motors. I do not know what the path is for connecting RS485 motors with Zigbee.

This has been working brilliantly for me but every now and again the device seems to completely crash to the point that only removing the power and plugging back in fixes it. I first notice itā€™s gone unavailable and then back online a few seconds later. It does this several times before going offline permanently. I know itā€™s not a HA/integration issue because the device doesnā€™t even respond to pings. Signal strength averages -62.

Any suggestions? The HA logs contain the following:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: websocket
Source: custom_components/espsomfy_rts/controller.py:156
integration: ESPSomfy RTS (documentation)
First occurred: 27 March 2024 at 18:45:49 (10186 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:59:21

[Errno 104] Connection reset by peer - goodbye
[Errno 111] Connection refused - goodbye
Connection to remote host was lost. - goodbye
[Errno 113] Host is unreachable - goodbye
ping/pong timed out - goodbye

Iā€™m wondering if I have a dodgy module. Hoping I donā€™t have to rebuild it as Iā€™m pretty slow with the soldering iron!

EDIT: There was no unavailable statuses in HA for the whole night, then when my automation to open a blind ran at 07.15, the blind opened as it should then at 07.15 and 22 secs the whole thing went haywire. Over the next two minutes it went off and back on 22 times before staying off altogether. It doesnā€™t always happen but it seems to be getting more frequent. I have it powered by an 8-way usb charger off Amazon, that only has one other device connected to it but I think to rule it out I should probably try another power supply.