MQTT ESPHome/ESP32 Alarm Keypad with Screen

I got mine a few days ago and I’m trying to get the hang of it. I haven’t had time to really print anything other than test prints so far. (there is a cute cat test print that my wife loves - so :+1: so far on that! :laughing:)

One thing I’ve learned in my research is to try to strengthen the pins by using fillets at the attachment points instead of sharp angles.

That was very helpful actually :grin: thanks for that tip

My first couple of prints came out alright but I hadn’t aligned everything quite right :grin: bloody blender…

Should have the next versions printed in a couple days but here’s pics of how these ended up

Ok I think this might be the final version: Home Assistant ESP32 Alarm Keypad by TheHolyRoger - Thingiverse

Waiting for the last parts to print before I assemble it all :slight_smile:

I added pins and a flap/plate with a screw hole to secure the keypad while allowing you to remove it. I made the pins in a way that you should be able to heat and squish them down flat to fix it in place permanently, although I recommend waiting to do that until you’re happy with the keypad itself since I’ve had one die on me

Edit: pics of how the top fits together

1 Like

Here it is finally ready @finity @pepe59 ESP32 alarm keypad fully assembled video - YouTube

I updated the thing with a bunch of images and info etc on how to build/assemble :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been reworking this project using esphome instead of my own code and also added a screen :slight_smile:

Will upload esphome code and latest STL files soon if anyone’s interested

Here’s the assembled upgraded version :slight_smile: still MQTT based but using esphome this time.

The code is just an esphome file which should be easy to configure, I’ve made vars for all the config. Then there’s a hass blueprint with three simple parameters to automate the keypad with your alarm control panel (I’m using alarmo)

I’m still testing it out so I’ll upload both the esphome file and blueprint later

2 Likes

@finity get involved sir

?? :man_shrugging:

I like the look of it and it seems you’ve come a ways with your design.

But at the moment I’m swamped with other stuff and don’t really have time (or the need) to build an alarm panel.

I’ve got this bookmarked so if I need it I’ll definitely try it.

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you have anything specific that you wanted me to comment on?

Nah all good just hoping someone else will try it out :wink:

1 Like

Updated the main post with all the links for this updated version :slight_smile:

1 Like

@patvdleer you might be interested in this one :slight_smile: I know yours is quite different and using more native API entities but I wanted to go down the mqtt route. Combined with the blueprint it works quite well and nice to have a progress bar on screen for the countdown when arming :wink:

Made a short vid of it in action:

I haven’t gotten around to making an enclosure but that is what Im aiming for!

1 Like

Hi,
Very interesting, but i cant find what LCD you are using.
BR
Patrik

These are the ones on amazon uk: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B096FCL6WG/

I order, but i got an model with a frame. So its looks not good, i would need to move the inside frame holder. But i cant edit the stl file. Any idea?
Br
Patrik

I use blender personally but it does have a bit of a learning curve. You just import the STL file then play with the mesh. Simplify the model using tools like “limited dissolve” and “merge by distance” if you need to

Nice, now i have everything up and running, working really fine, But one thing crossed my mind, i will try to make it also work together with garage door. So if disarm alarm, then key in another code to open the door.

1 Like