MQTT ESPHome/ESP32 Alarm Keypad with Screen

Did you have anything specific that you wanted me to comment on?

Nah all good just hoping someone else will try it out :wink:

1 Like

Updated the main post with all the links for this updated version :slight_smile:

1 Like

@patvdleer you might be interested in this one :slight_smile: I know yours is quite different and using more native API entities but I wanted to go down the mqtt route. Combined with the blueprint it works quite well and nice to have a progress bar on screen for the countdown when arming :wink:

Made a short vid of it in action:

I haven’t gotten around to making an enclosure but that is what Im aiming for!

1 Like

Hi,
Very interesting, but i cant find what LCD you are using.
BR
Patrik

These are the ones on amazon uk: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B096FCL6WG/

I order, but i got an model with a frame. So its looks not good, i would need to move the inside frame holder. But i cant edit the stl file. Any idea?
Br
Patrik

I use blender personally but it does have a bit of a learning curve. You just import the STL file then play with the mesh. Simplify the model using tools like “limited dissolve” and “merge by distance” if you need to

Nice, now i have everything up and running, working really fine, But one thing crossed my mind, i will try to make it also work together with garage door. So if disarm alarm, then key in another code to open the door.

1 Like

Brilliant well done :slight_smile: would be great to see pics of your screen in the keypad.

Is your garage door connected to home assistant? I could modify my blueprint to give you an action to use the same code and do something with it e.g. open the garage door.

By the way for others reading, the interface on the screen of the keypad looks better than my original pics, did some updates but haven’t taken new pics/videos yet :slight_smile:

Hello,
Yes, mine is up and running, but i need to make a new front cover. And yes my garage door is on MQTT.
And that has been a good thing specially when coming home and someone in family left home, and locked, and i dont bring the key :slight_smile:
Great if you do a new blueprint. I think many can have a good use of that one. Thanks.!!!
Br
Patrik

1 Like

I’ve updated my blueprint, see if that works for you.

There’s two actions you can set up and then use the variable keypad_code inside templates for the code.

I’ve also updated the esphome config to allow customisation of the the alarm arm modes, but there’s no need for you to update the esphome config unless you want to change your arm modes :slight_smile:

Im a little bit confused, so, if replace keypad_code with for example 1234.then disarm code…and right after 1234?

Maybe I misunderstood what you wanted…

If you create an action for arm/disarm, the code you entered will be available as a template variable like

{{ keypad_code }}

Hello,
OK, its working, just a little tiny thing, now after key in code, the garage door open, but, maybe you just want to turn off alarm, and not open the garage door. So maybe if possible to have option that you can have “disarm” function, but if not you can have a function lets say…3 scenarios.

1. Turn off alarm as normal.
  2. Turn off alarm and extra option (in this case open door)
  3. Only key in code for open door, no alarm affected. (maybe already disarmed, but you forgot keys :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok cool :slight_smile:

So at the moment there’s two ARM function keys on A and B, and the DISARM function on D.

I guess for you it sounds best if I add more advanced options in the blueprint to run completely custom actions with the buttons?

Which keys would you like to use for the modes above as an example?

Hello,
Well, like example

“D” Turn off alarm as normal.
“star” Turn off alarm and extra option (in this case open door)
“C” Only key in code for open door, no alarm affected. (maybe already disarmed, but you forgot keys :slightly_smiling_face:

As it stands C is used to clear the inputted code on the keypad, would you still want to replace that for opening the door or use # instead?