ESP32 mdns issue after upgrading ESPHome to 1.14.0

I’ve recently upgraded ESPHome from 1.13.x to 1.14.0 on Hassio.

Uploading a new 1.14.0 build (without changing the config) to ESP8266 works fine and mdns works, e.g. shows online in ESPHome’s config page, the node webpage resolves and I can see a mdns entry in Chrome’s mdns browser app.

However after uploading 1.14.0 to ESP32 I can no longer reach its webpage or upload new builds and there is no entry for it in the Chrome’s mdns browser app and it shows offline in ESPHome’s config page. I know I can work around by changing the wifi config and adding a fixed ip, but I really like using DHCP.

I was wondering if anybody else has run into a similar issue and if there is some workaround available or if this is perhaps some bug?

Yes, I’m having the same issue on my end. I just updated to 1.14.2 and i’m still seeing the same issue so far. All my devices have a fix IP.

OK, the only weird thing from the logs was:

Event: Got IP static_ip=10.0.30.112 gateway=10.0.30.1

even though it is configured for DHCP and I can see it received a DHCP address…

Created ESPHome github issue.

Solved by setting Multicast Helper: full in Mikrotiks wireless interface setting.

Manual says that option multicast-helper: full means: all multicast packet mac address are changed to unicast mac addresses prior sending them out.