ESPHome Smart Oil Diffuser & Nightlight

I did :wave:
It was hard when I didnā€™t know which resource was best and skipped through several of them.
Tasmota is at least very forgiving, itā€™s easy to add this config and then wipe it out, unlike esphome you donā€™t need to reflash and can just use the webpage running from the device itself.

Hi , just flashed on tasmota and loaded this fw

Now in my tasmota i have 2 buttons but they do not work.

I red about esphome , but i never did anything with that. any help please ?

The guide you followed is old and incorrect, so you get two useless buttons on the Diffuserā€™s Tasmota webpage. Option a) Ignore those buttons, use Homeassistant to control it instead.
Option b) reset the configuration and just use the instructions here instead, it is essentially the same device and needs no modification. The person who wrote it did a good job. https://blakadder.github.io/templates/GD-30W.html

1 Like

Thank so much , i have the diffuser now working , on off and light , when i tried to apply the rule1 the diffuser was not able to stop , so i stop the rule and is now working at least on off , which is the main aspect , i do not care about light colors.

I do not know what to do with dpID 1 partā€¦ i didnā€™t touch anything where he is talking about

Functions

dpID 1 device power: 0 = off / 1 = on
dpID 11 led power: 0 = off / 1 = on
dpID 12 error notification: 0 = ok / 1 = error

I just switched back to Tasmota from ESPHome. I did this by enabling the web server component, visiting the diffusers webpage then uploading the latest tasmota.bin.

I followed all the instructions on https://templates.blakadder.com/GD-30W.html and my only issue is that the diffuser does not correctly use ā€˜single colorā€™ mode as it should. I expect I will figure it out soon.

A friend had the same problem (couldnā€™t stop diffusing). They upgraded to Tasmota 8.2.0 and it was all fixed.

Thanks! i will try soon , i got the 5 button as you did , now i ll see the update if will fix the spray

Thanks for the tip, I was having the same issue with my unit so temporarily disabled rule 1 until I had time to look at it.
Just upgraded Tasmota and now it works fine with the rule back on! :slight_smile:

I see that you have some static colors coded as services. What is the format of that byte array for certain specific colors? do you have a reference?

I lost my personal documentation on this but IIRC think it starts on the 12th set. I didnā€™t figure the relevance of the other bytes.

is #663030 in the red example above

I wrote my previous message too fast, sorry for that.
I have setup another model using this method. The little caveat is when I use physical buttons on the oil diffuser. I have no feedback in tasmota (and so in HA)
Do you have this problem ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

sweet thank you! i ordered a (what i believe to be a tuya powered) diffuser the other night in a sleepless daze imposed by mothsā€¦ apparently diffusing cedarwood oils deters moths.

it arrives tomorrow and iā€™ll be giving this a shot, if it works well iā€™ll do my best to implement the RGB controls in ESPHome!

1 Like

I recommend you tasmota instead of esphome. Way easier !
After a little work to make it work and with the help of links provided by @sgvj I successfully flash a very cheap, tuya powered oil diffuser. Have a fan and a full rgb light in home assistant :slight_smile:
The last remaining problem is the use of hardware buttons on the device. States in Tasmota are not up to date after click on themā€¦ will work on this tonight

1 Like

Can anyone with the Asakuki model that has gone with Tasmota confirm if diffuser speed control is working ?

Iā€™m not convinced that mine isā€¦ I can see no difference in flow coming from the diffuser, regardless of whether I set the ā€˜fanā€™ speed to high or low.

I can 100% confirm that button 3 in tasmota aka TuyaMCU 13,103; works on mine. As does the mqtt fan control in home assistant UI although I was accidentally clicking ā€˜Oscillateā€™ toggle and not the fast/slow dropdown at first.

My current issues with tasmota & asakuki are:

1. Why does that green light sometimes toggle on switch 5, and sometimes not? Iā€™d like to use that little LED as a refill indicator.
  2. How can I stop rainbow mode ALWAYS. I want to send colours to it and that rarely works because it flashes to correct color and then goes back to rainbows.

@jncanches it sounds like you may have figured out some of these puzzles? Hope you consider posting your altered settings.

So I successfully flashed this guy OTA and have Tasmota 8.2 running:

InnoGear 500ml Smart Wi-Fi Essential Oil Diffuser, App Control Works with Alexa Google Home Aromatherapy Diffusers Cool Mist Humidifier with Timer 7 LED Lights Adjustable Mist https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HG5R2MC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R19OEbW1N3YFH

However, the configuration for the Asakuki unit (GD-30W) does not switch anything properly!

I am super unfamiliar with Tasmota, but it seems like Iā€™ll need to do some sleuthing to figure out which buttons (?) control which relay/dimmers, etc. Any tips?

This diffuser configuration matched mine:

Given that Tasmota is working well for me for nowā€¦ I probably wonā€™t explore the ESPHome option at this time. It seems that while un-intuitive and complex, the TuyaMCU code in Tasmota abstracts a lot of the serial commands away and the ESPHome config does not. In addition, I think you already talked about it: ESPHome canā€™t react to messages received on the serial bus, so it cannot change state as a function of physical buttons on the device.

Thanks all for having dug into this before meā€¦ only had one moth last night!

Making progress - however I am stuck understanding one (very) key aspect of the Tasmota puzzleā€¦

I have flashed an Asakuki 500ml Oil Diffuser using the template for https://templates.blakadder.com/GD-30W.html - I have been able to add to HA - with limited functionality. On / off- which is a great start!

I believe where I am getting stuck is the Tasmota config Parameter mappingā€¦ This is what I haveā€¦

I have guessed nearly all of the Parameters (with the exception of GPIO 1 & 3 - these were already set after setting up the template).

I am sure I am missing something simpleā€¦ I have read high and low but I cannot decipher how I should be setting the GPIO parameters? Although I have the main functionality working (on / off - which would do at a pinch) - I really want to understand how this workā€¦

If anyone with knowledge far greater than mine (which would not be hard at this early stage) could assist with some guidance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Currently in HA I have added the entities as described in the guide aboveā€¦

The on/off works. The ā€œDiffuser Lampā€ sort of works, if I click the switch, it quickly turns on and off (but essentially just starts the rainbow cycle LED from a different starting colour - it does not switch the LED on / off).

Also, I have tested the ā€œAromatherapy Waterā€ (which is meant to change state if the water runs out) this does not work. However manually clicking the ā€œErrorā€ button in the Tasmota interface does change the sate in HA.

Sorry for the long winded post - I wanted to give as much information as possible in the hope someone can help me figure out where I am going wrongā€¦ I am (somewhat) confident the issue lays in the Config Parameter mappingsā€¦ I sure there is a logical way I should be able to discern what these should be set to (rather than guessing)ā€¦ but how is out of my reach!

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to assist (and I hope the answer to this may help others).

Ok, never mind regarding above - @sgvj had the answer all along! I upgraded the firmware to Tasmota 8.2 and (nearly) everything is working perfectly! The only part that does not seem to be working is the water level error alert in HA - but I can live with this as the oil diffuser turns off automatically if the water runs out anyway (it anyone has a solution to this part - or if theirs is working fine, please let me know!).