ESPHome Smart Oil Diffuser & Nightlight

Where did you buy your diffuser? I cannot find this anywhere on aliexpress. You got a link?

the Amazon link is a few posts up in this thread

1 Like

Hello friends, I have this aroma diffuser:

I put tasmota 8.2.0 and use this configuration

I have a problem that I cannot solve, when I press the power button in tasmota the diffuser turns on but the rgb random light also turns on (I think it should only turn on the diffuser without the light is correct? How can I make it only turn on the diffuser without light?) The ligth button works correctly turns the rgb light on and off, the mist button also works correctly and now two more problems is the error button works correctly manually but it does not automatically turn on when the water runs out, what should I do to to be wrong when the water runs out? the other problem is the lighmode button turns on and off the green power led of my diffuser but it doesn’t change the RGB in random or fixed mode, do you know what I can do to solve it? Thank you!!

Hey @Umbe how did you flash? I tried tuya convert but couldn’t it just wouldn’t communicate even though my diffuser was flashing etc.

Hey @snicker so I managed to flash this using tuya convert. Have you got it all set up? Are you able to control the lights etc via HA ? If yes do you mind sharing your TuyaMCU code for tasmota?

Thanks

I used that code exactly from that page and was able to get control working from Home Assistant. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that the particular hardware on that diffuser reports state accurately to Tasmota, so any manual changes to the diffuser (on/off, colors) aren’t reflected in HA. It works great for me, and i have it also functioning as a “weather” indicator lamp in the mornings when we wake up. lately it has just been red for “hot as hell”

1 Like

Is it just the hardware changes or ? What I have seen from this video https://youtu.be/ajnb5Gc_kFA (see the end of the video) it doesn’t seem to configure with HA properly and also with tasmota.

HI @bachoo786 i followed the tuya flash as the normal lahos bulb , nothing different.
It worked smoothly

Hey @Umbe so you used the lahos bulb template on a diffuser?

No , the method was the same , the template is the following :

{"NAME":"GD-30W","GPIO":[255,255,255,255,255,255,0,0,255,255,255,255,255],"FLAG":0,"BASE":54}

well , after updating HASS to 110.1 and update the firmware of the tasmota diffuser , i lost it … now zigbee2mqtt only find the status , i lost the buttons

even if on tasmota i have the actual configuration

Now , someone can tell me how to restore the other entities ?
I also tried the manual configuration described here https://templates.blakadder.com/GD-30W.html

but i see the fan icon but the status is a red ! on the entities list.
is there a way to add like on the lamps or the sensor a procedure to pair again the 5 elements ?
i tried also setoption19 1 , it comes into hass only the status , no switches ot other elements of the diffuser.

and i see only those messages :

Thanks

No idea buddy I am in the same boat as you

Hi , have you been able to fix the rgb rainbow ? i can change colors , but it always go back to rainbow mode

Have you fix water level? On gwd-30 i have maxcio 400ml aromatherapy and binary sensor doesn’t wark. Can you help me???

Fixing Asakuki Solid color mode

In Rule 1 there is a response to the mqtt “ON” command.

on event#ON do backlog tuyasend 11,1 ; tuyasend4 110,1

Turns out these tuyasend commands are setting the light to ‘color’ and then turning it on. Unfortunately turning it ON will always set it to rgb_cycle so it overrides the ‘color’ command.

Flipping the order to tuyasend4 110,1; tuyasend1 11,1 means solid color mode (and the ability to use the color light) can work again, albeit with a fast red flash.

Additionally the strings at the start of rule 1 are not the response we get on asauki for setting the color mode with tuyasend4 110,1. Meaning the state topic is never correctly reported.

on TuyaReceived#data=55AA000700056E040001007E do publish2 stat/diffusertopicname/EFFECT rgb_cycle endon on TuyaReceived#data=55AA000700056E040001017F do publish2 stat/diffusertopicname/EFFECT color endon

For me the correct values (as seen by watching the responses in the tasmota console) are the following.

on TuyaReceived#data=55AA010700056E040001007F do publish2 stat/diffusertopicname/EFFECT rgb_cycle endon on TuyaReceived#data=55AA010700056E0400010180 do publish2 stat/diffusertopicname/EFFECT color endon

Remember to use Rule1 1 to use the changed rule once you have modified it.

Rule1 on TuyaReceived#data=55AA010700056E040001007F do publish2 stat/diffusertopicname/EFFECT rgb_cycle endon on TuyaReceived#data=55AA010700056E0400010180 do publish2 stat/diffusertopicname/EFFECT color endon on event#rgb_cycle do tuyasend4 110,0 endon on event#color do tuyasend4 110,1 endon on event#ON do backlog tuyasend 11,1 ; tuyasend4 110,1 endon on event#OFF do tuyasend1 11,0 endon on power3#state=1 do tuyasend4 103,1 endon on power3#state=0 do tuyasend4 103,0 endon

Is not working , it remains on red… chanche for 1 sec color and back to red…

any idea ?

Hi , sorry , can you just tell me if the rule you applied is the same as the one i posted ? thanks

So sorry, had the example flipped from what it should be. I fixed my post.
tuyasend4 110,1; tuyasend1 11,1 is how it should be

Rule1 on TuyaReceived#data=55AA010700056E040001007F do publish2 stat/diffuser/EFFECT rgb_cycle endon on TuyaReceived#data=55AA010700056E0400010180 do publish2 stat/diffuser/EFFECT color endon on event#rgb_cycle do tuyasend4 110,0 endon on event#color do tuyasend4 110,1 endon on event#ON do backlog tuyasend4 110,1 ; tuyasend1 11,1 endon on event#OFF do tuyasend1 11,0 endon on power3#state=1 do tuyasend4 103,1 endon on power3#state=0 do tuyasend4 103,0 endon

as it is… seems not working…

What are your steps to recreate?
Did you:

• change diffuser to correct name mqtt topic?
  • Set rule1 1 after editing the rule
  • Turn on diffuser via Homeassistant
  • Set fan.diffuser oscillate to off in Homeassistant
  • Choose color light.diffuser_lamp