ESPMuse as a target/platform in ESPHome?

Yes.

squeezelite-esp32

Wifi.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick answer. I have a few more question I hope you don’t mind answering:

1. How is the audio quality and volume of the speaker?

2. If I connect it to HA using either ESPHome or squeezelite-esp32, can I still connect my phone to the speaker via bluetooth and play music from there?

Good. In my relatively noisy lounge room I have the speaker volume set to 75% and always easily hear announcements.

I have not used ESPHome but squeezelite-esp32 also supports airplay as well as bluetooth. I’ve disabled them though as I have Yamaha amp in the room for that, so not sure what happens if you connect HA and a mobile device.

1 Like

Got the speaker yesterday and currently it’s running with ESPHome and Music Assistant as a “manager”. It’s kinda buggy for me though and I want to try squeezelite-esp32.

How did you connect the speaker to Home Assistant? From what I understand you need a Logitech Media Server. Did you use the community add-on (GitHub - pssc/ha-addon-lms: Logitech Media Server Addon for Home Assistant) for this or did you setup the server yourself?

No server required. Just upload the Squeezelite-ESP32 firmware to your speaker: https://raspiaudio.github.io/

Then connect using the core SlimProto Player integration.

1 Like

Does it take time for the Muse Luxe to show up in the Slim Proto integration?

1. I installed the firmware from the RaspiAudio website. Everything completed just fine.
  2. I then logged onto the device via it’s WiFi portal and entered my WiFi credentials. Checked the clients on my UDM to make sure the Muse Luxe was connected. It is.
  3. I then installed the SlimProto integration in Home Assistant. It claims to have saved my configuration.
    2022-09-22 14_55_56-Settings – Home Assistant
    Yet nothing shows up for a device in the integration.
    2022-09-22 14_56_06-Settings – Home Assistant

Did I miss something? I’ve rebooted HA, hoping that would help catch the new device. I uninstalled and reinstalled the integration multiple times. I’ve reloaded the integration multiple times. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Try restarting the Muse but yes it will take some time.

2 Likes

Thanks, Nick. I tried restarting just now, and I guess it’s just a waiting game from here.

So, I waited about 4 hours to see if the device would show up and it never did. I finally logged into the device itself via its inbuilt webportal, upgraded to the latest firmware, and it instantly showed up in integrations. Hope this helps anyone that runs into the same issue.

BTW… I had to manually upload the firmware file. I couldn’t get the automated update to work.

Whether Music Assistant or SlimProto, the lack of sync’d multi-device playback in HA is a large gap, for me, makes HA as a media player useless. Otherwise the device itself gets a thumbs up. Pretty good sound quality, ease of use.

Well you can run an lms server and get sync’d playback.

Is that external to HA or is there an add-on that I haven’t seen?

There is an addon. GitHub - pssc/ha-addon-lms: Logitech Media Server Addon for Home Assistant

Thanks so much @nickrout

1 Like

Hi
I need some help (probably to debug what is faulty in my setup?). Last week I installed in my NUC the latest Hassos update. (until then I had ubuntu with HA supervised). I also have the ESP Muse Luxe speaker, and I have installed Squeezelite-ESP32 firmware, and slimproto player integration. It works for exampe with media assistant integration, but I can not play local files, and the tts isn’t working.

In my previous setup I had to install the LMS addon and the Sqeezbox logitech media server in order to make it, but I ideally I would prefer a “lighter setup” and most important the lms addon it was confusing me a lot. I didn’t even new how to update it.

Can someone help me to find out if there is a way to make it work with slimproto player please?

edit: I forgot to mention that I use duckdns service, and while searching the logs I found the foowlowing

Failed to cast media http://192.168.1.15:8095/7c2157e4e2a249e7b2ce84df88ff415a.flac. Please make sure the URL is: Reachable from the cast device and either a publicly resolvable hostname or an IP address

also if helps part of my config yaml is the following

default_config:

http:
  ssl_certificate: /ssl/fullchain.pem
  ssl_key: /ssl/privkey.pem

discovery:
#  ignore:
#    - igd

media_source:

################################################################################
# Example base configuration.yaml entry
#conversation:
################################################################################

mobile_app:

automation: !include automations.yaml
automation mine: !include_dir_list automation/
automation makis: !include automations_makis.yaml

script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

recorder: !include recorder.yaml
logbook: !include logbook.yaml
history: !include history.yaml

sensor: !include_dir_merge_list sensors/
notify: !include notify.yaml
group: !include groups.yaml

homeassistant:
  customize: !include customize.yaml 
  media_dirs:
    media: /media

Ive tried so many things but it’s just not working and there is barely any information.

Nothing happens if I add the SlimProto Player. It’s just an extension without any devices or entities. Is the Muse Luxe supposed to show up there? If there is some auto detection, how can I manually add a device? In my case, the Muse Luxe is on a different IP network.

Do you have lms installed anywhere?

Do you see a media_player entity?

I suspect this is the issue:

No LMS and media_player entity I see when I use ESPHome but not when using squeezelite-esp32.

I will temporarily try it on the same network to confirm that but then my question is how do I make it work with two different networks?

All my ESP and IOT devices are in a dedicated, locked down VLAN without DHCP, DNS etc. This is on purpose.

Hi, same here. I just bought this device and tried it with esphome, but i’m missing bluetooth speaker ability.

So I flashed it with squeezelight-esp32 and my problem is, i have separate network/vlan for wifi devices.
I’m trying to setup IP helper on port 3483 and see if it helps

1 Like