Eufy Camera Integration

Yes it does, though @bropat has indicated he’s working on a way to get around this (potentially). Also it’s configurable via the ioBroker settings (I think the default is 30 seconds but you could probably set it to 3 minutes without issues). From my own experience when I was first poking around the API the 3 minutes was set by the API.

And @skank I got doorbell pushes to work using MQTT but not motion events. Both the restful api and web servers are accessible. Sounds like it’s a firewall/port issue for you.

1 Like

Why not use doorbell presses with this iobroker?

I find it strange though why i cant acces webserver,and restful api, since i dont get warnings/errors and the instance shows green but still not accessible.
Thats why i ask for the settings… from someone using it on hass.os

You wouldn’t see errors since it’s likely running fine but there’s probably some firewall or something blocking you from accessing the ports of the webserver/restful API. So as far as iobroker can tell everything is working fine, it’s a connection issue on your part. And I don’t know enough about hass OS to help there, sorry.

And for the doorbell presses, i DO get them through iobroker, but the restful API isn’t fast enough to report them, that’s why I use MQTT to send out the press from iobroker to MQTT and then have an MQTT sensor pick up on it.

Thx
I hope someone running it on hassos can help
theres nothing blocked in firewall.
So i can assume, if it doesnt work like that, i wont get the still image either right? so thats causing it?

For the doorbell, how did you do that iobroker to mqtt

A workaround to get the stream running constantly would be to use an automation to trigger every time the rtsp (edit: its rtmp not rtsp) link goes down.

Something like:

automation:
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.eufy_stream
    to: "No Stream" # or whatever you set the value to in your value_template
  action:
    service: rest_command.eufy_start_stream
1 Like

Hi, I use Hass os. Did you map your ports to ensure HA can reach the iobroker container?

You need to map webserver (8082 inside iobroker) and rest api (8087 inside iobroker) as per screenshot. They can then, in my example, be reached by addressing Hassos ip addres with the respective ports (8082 and 8086)

2 Likes

Oh my god !
You sir, are an angel !
Thx mate superb, i can now acces the webserver, and now i see the still image !
That was the key !
Thx mate

One thing though, the webserver i can access, but the restful api , i cant
i’ve put it exactly like you did in the screenshot, but that might be wrong?

the container says 8086/tcp but you (and me) filledi n 8087
Should that be 8086?

Can you reach the restful api like that?

Thx a lot for your help mate !

Edit: i changed the one from restful api to 8086/tcp and filled in 8086
Then i changed the port of the instance of restful api to 8086 and when i launch it now, i dont get an error anymore but i get this

Is that normal?? is it running good then?

1 Like

@fuzzymistborn, willing to share the code?
Howto for the doorbell presses?
using iobroker -> MQTT qnd then mqtt sensor in HA to pick it up?

I already have mosquitto broker running in HA to pick it up

Hi,
I’m back and wanted to give you an update on my progress:

I have now redeveloped a large part of the P2P communication and now I am able to download a video including audio from the station. There are still some small things to develop, but on the whole I can say herewith that a livestream over P2P should be possible now :wink:

Some functionalities that will be added soon are:

• when an event happens, the video is saved locally and so can be viewed at any time (like with the still image).
  • Livestream via P2P
  • and much more… :wink:

As soon as I have a stable test version available I will provide it, so just be patient a bit more :wink:

PS: In any case, I will need test subjects to “stabilize” the integration (the 2k cameras, for example, stream with h265, but Eufycam 2 stream with h264).

PPS: Almost any functionality via P2P can be integrated, just report and make yourself available as a test person :wink:

10 Likes

Amazing, thanks @bropat!! I’ve had to dip out of this thread and not had time to try anything other than the basic ha-eufy-security camera integration, but I see you’ve been working hard on a ton of things. Coffee donated!

Just a thought but Arlo has a lovelace component available for viewing historic feeds etc, might be worth reusing that code? https://github.com/twrecked/lovelace-hass-aarlo

For me, the ability to silence the remote chime via HA is a feature I’d love. I came from Arlo and it’s something I relied on being integrated into Homeassistant to ensure the baby doesn’t get woken up at certain times :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bropat
I followed the setup from @fuzzymistborn to add the camera from my doorbell
However i see that theres quite a delay…
I show the still image of the camera when somebody presses my doorbell
The doorbellpress is instant (using mqtt addon) but the pic that is shown is the old one, cause HA didnt pull the image yet.
If i wait some seconds the image is there…
Is there a way to get the image faster?

Is there a way also to get the doorbellpress instant from iobroker via mqtt? then i can get rid of the mqtt addon

You need to use both currently. Iobroker/HA checks every 10sec for changes.

@bropat Would be nice if ioBroker connected to mqtt and supported real-time actions though.

Polling interval is 5 min here
I set it lower?

I though fuzzy used Iobroker to mqtt then mqtt to HA
Het told me that

The still image takes time to get updated. That’s on Eufy’s end. I think the trigger event needs to be over before it takes the snapshot and then processes it/sends it to the cloud/then ioBroker can see it.

The doorbell press should be instant (or at least close to) with ioBroker. At least, no faster/slower than the MQTT addon.

Yeah it takes quite long, i just want to see the image couple of seconds after the moment i press the doorbell.
So thats a no go?
the image is already there in the eufy integration, so why not in iobroker then?

How do you do it?
Can you show how you get the doorbell press to mqtt? and then from mqtt to ha?

The rest api in iobroker runs on 8087. In home assistant you map your port 8086 to the iobroker (docker container) port 8087. You should leave that in place.

In home assistant you can then refer to 8086. Like this:

platform: rest

name: Eufy Doorbell Guard Mode
resource: "http://hassio-ipaddres:8086/getPlainValue/eufy-security.0.camer-id.station.guard_mode"
scan_interval: 10
value_template: >-
  {% set v = value | replace('"', "")|int  %}
  {{ {0: "Away",
      1: "Home",
      2: "Schedule",
      3: "Custom1",
      4: "Custom2",
      5: "Custom3",
      47: "Geofence",
      63: "Disarmed"}[v] | default("Unknown state:" + (value|urlencode)) }}
1 Like

@bropat Well done I have a eufy doorbell wired if you need me to test then please let me know. Thanks.

I updated the add-on to the latest release (0.2.4), but have some troubled logging in. Can someone confirm it is working?

Thanks @MaxW!
I was able to login with the latest release and even reset my integration. It succesfully brought in the mqtt entities automatically with all the different types of motion/sound detection!

Pretty sure it’s an issue on my end, but it seems to not be detecting motion for me (this was happening ever since I tried the addon). Do you know if notifications on the app have to be enabled for mqtt to work? My history for these entities is always Clear or Unavailable.

@fuzzymistborn can you tell me please how you do the doorbell press from iobroker to mqtt… then mqtt to ha?

I’m still looking for the best way to show the picture of the cam when doorbell is pressed.

MQTT addon has sometimes not a picture
iobroker using webserver is too slow
eufy security integration has the fastest one but isnt maintained ans has errors in log so want to get rid of this

Anyone??? or am i the only one sending the picture to for example google hub ?