Eufy Camera Integration

@fuzzymistborn can you tell me please how you do the doorbell press from iobroker to mqtt… then mqtt to ha?

I’m still looking for the best way to show the picture of the cam when doorbell is pressed.

MQTT addon has sometimes not a picture
iobroker using webserver is too slow
eufy security integration has the fastest one but isnt maintained ans has errors in log so want to get rid of this

Anyone??? or am i the only one sending the picture to for example google hub ?

getting errors too
i just posted issue with screenshot

I did the update and am having trouble signing in too …
… but first double check if it’s not my fault.

I guess notifications need to be enabled, as this is the way the client works :slight_smile: It registers as client and receives those notifications. Just try enabling it and have test?

The addon is made by me, but the bridge itself is made by matijse, see GitHub - matijse/eufy-ha-mqtt-bridge: Receive Eufy alerts and thumbnails in Home Assistant via MQTT

@skank this issue will be discussed further here: Getting error with new version · Issue #10 · MaxWinterstein/homeassistant-addons · GitHub

@redpider42 this is getting suspicious… Seems like there are 3 cases now: Add Support for T8222 · Issue #35 · matijse/eufy-ha-mqtt-bridge · GitHub

1 Like

locked out by eufy security :frowning:

time to create another account … grrrrr …

Update: With the new user it seems to work fine again !!

I would love to help as a test person. How can I “report” and do that?

hi, thanks for the explanation / sharing your code. I implemented it on my instance; it works to some extend but I don’t get a live feed - just garbage noise and the ha log indicates it has issues demuxing and opening the stream. You refer to rtsp, my setup returns an rtmp stream (I can open it in vlc). Any thoughts?

thanks for your help!

Yeah woops. Looked back at mine and the livestream url is rtmp for me as well. I didn’t look at it too closely and just assumed it said rtsp. I’ve heard people having similar issues about demuxing. Which device are you using? Only thing I can think of is that maybe there’s issues if you are using the 2k camera or something

Thanks, that’s helpful. At least my rtmp is not an anomaly. :slight_smile:

Cameras are all 2k. I have the 2C and a wired doorbell. Is this a matter of loading the right codec in home assistant? Assuming that’s possible at all?

For the regular cams I can activate rtsp for NAS on the local network. Will give that a try and feedback here. Doorbell (to my knowledge) does not support rtsp at all.

Yeah it might be something to do with the codec. For what it’s worth I use Home Assistant on docker on a Synology 1019+ NAS.

I’m sorry if this is already known, but it is possible to get a working hls url from the rtmp:// stream the api returns by replacing rtmp:// with http:// and adding .m3u8 before the ?... query string.

I think that would be perfect and a low latency, especially because there is no reencoding involved (at least inside the same network) - yet i can’t really directly embed the stream right now because sadly its not “https” and my hass setup is :slight_smile:

Also i have to disable the “stream” integration which is on by default, and I need that for other things … seems like i cant disable reencoding/proxying for only certain cameras.

And btw I also can’t reencode the rtmp stream reliably - it fails about 90% of the time :frowning:

1 Like

Anyone? @fuzzymistborn?

@skank please do NOT repeatedly ping me (or really anyone for that matter). I have a life and a family that takes up my time on the weekends. Pinging me repeatedly is not going to make me answer you any faster (and in fact achieves the opposite result). Please don’t do that again.

Here is my binary_sensor for the door press. I don’t have time to document atm how I set up the MQTT broker setup in ioBroker and then in HASS. Maybe someone else does.

- platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "iobroker/eufy-security/frontdoor/doorbell"
    name: Eufy Doorbell Button
    unique_id: eufy_doorbell_button
    payload_on: "true"
    payload_off: "false"
    value_template: "{{ value }}"

In terms of casting the image to a google hub, that’s probably not going to work. I don’t think google hubs allow casting of just images (maybe I’m wrong) but again you’re going to find the delay between all the cloud things is probably going to make it not worth it.

2 Likes

Hey,

Sorry mate
Thx for the doorbell press.

Maybe someone else can give me the mqtt broker in iobroker, Not sure if i need that too, since i already have mosquitto broker addon running in HA. (which has the iobroker running too)

If someone could help, i would appreciate it !

For the casting image @fuzzymistborn: i’m already doing that, and it works.
The only thing is, that the image is too slow

I truly find it strange, that i’m the only one wanting this

New to HA and much of this is probably over my head, but, I was able to add HACS and get Eufy integration to show. I am using windows 10 and I have a 2K battery operated doorbell that is wired and I also have 2 Eufycam 2K pro outdoor cameras. I do not see any entities under Eufy integration. I was logged in to my original Eufy account and nothing. I created a second account and logged out of first account and into 2nd. Still no entities. I logged out of 2nd account and back into first, same results. I am currently logged into both accounts and nothing. I restarted HA in-between each of these changes. I have read most of this thread and I’m trying to make sense of everything. Later in the thread there is talk of MQTT integration and needing it to work. I have not installed that yet and would like to keep it as simple as possible (yea right) if I don’t need it. I have seen that several other people have had similar problems of no entities, but I do not see a clear cut solution to see them. Thank you in advance and be kind on the responses to an old man :slight_smile:

Sancho

So you added the integration in HACS, did you then go to integrations in HA and add the eufy integration there? HACS just puts it in your integrations list in HA.

I got eufy indoor cam and indoor pan&tilt and hope to integrate with HA. Spent half hour reading but still not sure what exactly need to do. One of the post has link to
https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security. Is this the right repo for the integration? In the installation instruction, where exactly is the “settings tab of HACS”?

Thanks!

You can try that, but if you want to be able to control/do much of anything you should check out ioBroker. Instructions here: https://blog.fuzzymistborn.com/controlling-eufy-security-devices-with-iobroker/

3 Likes

Im trying to get ioBroker.eufy-security working on Home assistant. I have managed to get a green light on the instances tab for eufy-security.0. But when i go to the Objects tab i dont see my devices. Can anybody help? For reference I have two Eufycam 2 (T8114). I have attached a photo of what is shown in my objects tab. In the log i get “(1808) No devices found.”

Many thanks

Capture|690x66

Have you given access to the cameras and doorbell for the user you are using in iobroker in the Eufy app?