Eufy Camera Integration

You must have a typo in the ID after /set/ , which is causing the 404 (not found) error. The toggle error is different and raises a 500.

I’m looking forward to being able to download events locally from my outdoor battery powered cams, archive them and also autoplay them on my displays around the house. I really appreciate the work you’re doing. Were you able to get your posting limit problem fixed here?

Were you able to get your posting limit problem fixed here?

It looks like the problem no longer exists :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to being able to download events locally

The download of an event video is already possible.

I will soon download the event video automatically via P2P through the push notification and make it available in the adapter as HLS stream.

Current status:

Currently, the P2P livestream is already saved locally, converted as HLS stream and made available via web. You can also rewind the livestream during playback. As soon as you stop the livestream, a JPEG image is also created.

I thought that I always provide the last livestream as “last livestream” in the adapter.

3 Likes

That’s interesting,

I used the handy but of info that @MaxW filled me in with (Danke!) - however, I thought I’d just look in the eufy app (I’m sure that’s a HA community transgression!) and noticed that the battery there is 64% - my HA says 71%.

Should I be forcing a poll or is there something else amiss? So close…

Thanks!

B

Coffee Break Test (i swear, don’t fire me boss :v:) confirmed that the battery percentage is somewhat of(f?). Created some issue here:

Maybe forcing some notification could help? As it is rainy outside i don’t want to have a walk at the camera :blush:

Edit: @bropat this is the case for the ioBroker integration too :confused:

The reason is that the Eufy Cloud is updated only sporadically and thus the inconsistencies arise. The Eufy app uses the P2P interface to read out the exact values, hence the “better” values.
I will soon also handle this part of the readout of these parameters via the P2P interface, so this problem should then also be history :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @bropat for all the work you are putting in figuring out everything! You have a lot of functionality aready!

I see you’ve contributed to https://github.com/JanLoebel/eufy-node-client and in your own repo you’ve progressed much further. I understand keeping both updated is much work…

I’m building the MQTT bridge to Home Assistant (https://github.com/matijse/eufy-ha-mqtt-bridge), and if I understand correctly, both integrations are for different user groups (ioBroker vs Home Assistant).

Therefore I would like to try to include more functionality into the MQTT bridge. I was wondering if you mind if I try to copy some of your functionality? If you’re ok with it, I think it would be best if I tried to integrate it in the library of JanLoebel, so it can be more shared between projects… I am happy to create some PR’s there with the functionality, but I don’t want to blindly copy your code without asking first :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @matijse,

feel free to copy functionality.
I will soon release a big update where I rewrote a lot of the P2P code again (a big functionality is the livestream over P2P and so on).
Unfortunately I don’t really have that much time to port this code to other projects, but maybe it would be useful at this moment to extract my code as a standalone library (I think is less work than porting the functionality to other libraries…).
So everyone can benefit from it (ioBroker, Home Assistant, Homey, homebridge and so on).
Thereby you, Jan and whoever can contribute there.

What do you think?

5 Likes

I agree. I will try to either include it in the existing library or create a new one. If I can create good new setup that might be better, as it maybe can benefit from Typescript like your code.

I don’t have a lot of time either, so I don’t expect it to be done soon, but we’ll see…

I can create a new repository as a new eufy library by extracting my code from the ioBroker adapter as soon as I finished the current work on P2P.
This will probably help everyone faster.

If you can still wait and this would be an option, let me know :wink:

2 Likes

I just got in contact with support and told them they have been promising the RTSP feature for months now and that we would like some more information. This is what i’ve received:

Dear ,

Thank you for your reply. I am deeply sorry about all inconvenience caused to you.

After checking with our back-end team, I regret to inform that the RTSP function will not be valid for a short time, like this year.

Deeply sorry for all the trouble it has caused. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything that we can do for you. We are always here.

Reference Ticket#91153519 if contacting a CSR

Vivi

Eufy Customer Support Engineer

I’m able to get the battery or wired version, would it be worth it to get the wired version with it’s limited storage? I’ve read that getting it into HA is no issue however im more tempted to get the wired version since it has no need to charge and the 3sec pre recording.

Are you able to modify it into recording it via Motioneye or any other NVR system? I’m afraid that the 4GB is to small and that the clips are to short for a good footage of people entering.
I live in an apartment and have some tacky neighbours so would like to have some proper recording.

Oh my god, it is happening? I knew it would happen! :blush:

6 Likes

Up to you which way you go, that’s more of a personal decision.

You cannot (currently) get the stream into an NVR like BlueIris/MotionEye without RTSP. Though it sounds like Bropat may have a possible solution.

In terms of storage, because I believe the stream is in H265 it’s very well compressed and I haven’t noticed an issue with the 4GB of storage.

1 Like

@bropat you have a donation link we could kick some $$ your way to help with the time thing? No expectation or obligation attached of course, just something to help you out for all the awesome work you’re doing for the community

Same goes for any of the devs here, Fuzzy, MaxW, etc.

https://ko-fi.com/E1E332Q6Z for Bropat
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/fuzzymistborn for me

Don’t know if MaxW has anything.

1 Like

I have two properties (one Eufy account) with 2k indoor cams on one with an iobroker and the second has the 2c outdoors and base stations. I’m assuming the p2p method requires the iobroker to be run on the same local LAN to access the event footage?
If this is the case I will install a second broker at the other property. Also should my current broker be downloading the video events on my 2k indoors?

Stuck in the activation progress for ages, good reminder to enable it :slight_smile:

Feel like i should update the top post at some point to summarize some of the info in this thread and include those links.

7 Likes

Haha nice one! But I’m not sure if I am ready to marry @bropat just yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I do like the idea of bundling everything in a shared library and working on that together to improve both integrations. I’ll try some things out soon and see if I can get this started while @bropat is working on the P2P stuff…

2 Likes

Lets hope everything will bring pictures as soon as doorbell is pressed :stuck_out_tongue: (always)