Eufy Camera Integration

I managed to get the button presses from the doorbell using the sonof RF. Works great to turn on an input boolean for automation purposes. Has been working for the last 2 weeks with no issues.

You mean the wireless doorbell sends 433MHZ message to the homebase when you press the button?
That would be ideal! I have RfxTrx instead of sonoff but I’m sure I could capture the event as well.

I don’t believe it works the the wireless version uses 433 Mhz only the wired .

Interesting thread. I have my 2c up and running in HA.

My camera is near my house pointing up my driveway which at the end has a Hue Outdoor motion sensor for outdoor lights but I’m trying to get the Hue sensor to trigger the 2c to record not sure if this is even possible but I set an automation as below

Trigger Type
Device

Device
Hue Drive Sensor

Trigger
Hue Drive Sensor motion sensor

Action
Call Service

Service
camera.record

Name of entity to record
camera.drive

But recording does not start, any ideas?

I added this but after 3 minutes after mass start the stream stops :frowning:

I have a wired doorbell, but bother versions include the same chime IIRC. I was able to use a ESP8266 and RXB6 to publish the chime signal to MQTT. The writeup of my adventure is here: !!nodemcu_rxb6_mqtt.md · GitHub

1 Like

@mbillow That’s awesome!
And super well documented, very nice project.
But I read now that they removed 433MHz in the wireless version.
So I will have to find another way…

Logger: eufy_security.camera
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/eufy_security/camera.py:58
First occurred: 1:01:50 PM (7100 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:16:46 PM

• Unable to process parameter “6043”, value “0”
  • Unable to process parameter “1240”, value “1”
  • Unable to process parameter “1249”, value “299”
  • Unable to process parameter “6015”, value “1”
  • Unable to process parameter “6025”, value “0”

Anyone having this issue or know how to fix?

Is there a way to trigger an action when motion is detected on an Eufy camera.

4 Likes

Has anybody gotten the 2k indoor cameras to stream video?

like everyone else with Eufy cams connected via this integration, my logs are littered with message like the following:

* Unable to process parameter "1056", value "1"
* Unable to process parameter "1225", value "0"
* Unable to process parameter "6026", value "0"
* Unable to process parameter "1045", value "1"
* Unable to process parameter "6025", value "0"

Given I’ve got battery cameras, it’s not streaming 24x7. So my integration/automation needs are more about tying into the motion/sound detection of the camera, to them be able to trigger other automations (including turning the cameras on possibly).

I haven’t dug too far into this, but my best guess (which is obvious) is that when there is motion, one of the “paramters” changes. So theoretically, someone more technical should be able to look for those parameter value changes and then translate that into full support for motion detection.

Yes I have Pan and Tilt. I had it for few months and I could not get it working and see the stream. I also tried with motioneye but its crashing HA and keeps rebooting.

Got it working the other day, just update your Eufy security app and setup RTSP. very - important when asked or somewhere in the setting of RTSP you chose “Continuous” vs Event otherwise you wont see stream in HA.

In HA set it up as Generic IP Camera, Frontend/Dashboard → Picture Card.

I installed HACS but there was prompt when I tried to add to integration but there was no instruction on what is to be filled on the fields.

Waiting on clever folks in the community to get this integrated, would be nice to tap into the Motion sensor of the camera to trigger some lights.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try it.

Hmm,my Pan And Tilt option for Continuos is grayed out,but my regular 2k camera has it. Where is the RTSP option?

There is Continous Recording right under Camera Settings but that is not the one you want. Its the RTSP Continous Recording you need to set.

RTSP is in…
Camera Settings -> Storage.

1 Like

Amy idea as to why Continuous is grayed out on the Pan and Tilt?

Not sure perhaps check your firmware is up to date.

Did you use the yaml in the Generic Ip cam config?

Yes still good ol yaml.

Was the picture card in Hacs?

No just regular Dashboard Card.

Top right - 3 dots beside the mic -> Edit Dashboard