Eufy Camera Integration

I have a few 2k Indoor cams and what I really need is a way to turn motion detection on and off from HA, since the Eufy app’s geofencing is not completely reliable. I’d like to use HA to create an automation that arms/disarms the camera system when we leave or arrive home. I’ve been experimenting with this integration but the enable/disable motion detection services don’t seem to do anything. Has anyone gotten this to work?

No, I didn’t find a solution to the “This accessory is already paired to another device. Please reset the accessory and try again.” problem.

Perhaps I could find a solution if I reset the Eufy and started again, but I’m reluctant to since my family is set up on the existing system.

I(ve just bought a Eufy Battery Doorbell camera with base station. I was just going to install the HACS integration and when I went to the main integration page (not Hacs)To my surprise I already had the Eufy base station at the top! I went to configure and it said it was already set up for another device and just dissapeared!
Can anyone tell me what this was, is there an existing built in integration for HA? What do I need to do. Really appreciate any advice on this.

There’s a possibility you may’ve spotted a ghost of the Eufy integration for lightbulbs and switches.

Thanks for all your efforts getting this lot working to date!

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help your efforts. I’m super keen to try figure out (and I may’ve missed this in the thread) how to get either the attribute from your existing integrations (via HACS) for motion event. Even better - some how help someone with better programming knowledge get this set up as a sensor.

I replaced my Ring doorbell with this - and I have no regrets. Just a wishlist. I had the ring motion event fire an automation to turn on the front door light after dark, then notify me on telegram of the event… capture a snapshot of the perp and send their mugshot via telegram. Also the ability to pull the last video down would be amazing.

Can someone PLEASE advise with some simple install instructions for the battery doorbell?
I’ve installed all the Hacs integration and I get as far as having the eufy HomeBase2.2531… integration discovered and come up in configuration/integrations but when I click on the configure it advises the following:
I have three family members set up and have edited the en.json (\homeassistant\config\custom_components\eufy_security.translations) file to include the “fake” member that I wish to have access to this - not sure if I should have edited that?
Help appreciated as this is a very long thread (which I have read) but I am not sure I am following latest information.

Step 1: In the Eufy app - go into the menu, click ‘Family & guests’, then click the plus/add button and create a new account with a second email address (open another gmail/yahoo/outlook account if need be) that you have. (You’ll need to then activate the account, then sign into that account on your mobile, accept the sharing request, then log out of that mobile device and log back in with your primary account).
Step 2: Install using Eufy camera integration in HACS:

• Click HACS in your home assistant repository
  • Click 3 dot/ham burger in the top right corner, select ‘Add custom repository’
  • Add custom repository https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security as “Integration” in the settings tab of HACS.
  • Find and install “Eufy Security” intergration in HACS’s “Integrations” tab.
  • Restart your Home Assistant.
  • Add “Eufy Security” integration in Home Assistant’s “Configuration → Integrations” tab."

Step 3: Back in home assistant, click Configuration, then Integration.
Step 4: Click plus in the bottom right corner, search for Eufy and click add.
Step 5: Add the second account (created in step 1).
… that should do it.

6 Likes

You are an absolute SUPERSTAR!
I was thrown by the discovered integration that came up “Eufy-Homebase2” (no idea what that’s for) hence I didnt “think” to add the integration as I thought I already had it.
Many thanks again I was starting to loose faith with the community as on the face of it my question would appear pretty basic.

Glad you came right! :slight_smile:
I think if you are super close to it, some steps seem obvious. I butted my head against missing steps (likely me skim reading and missing things) often on various things. Hey ho! Just takes asking and playing.

Now if only I can figure out motion detection. It’s difficult to pick up a change in these attributes. … and I don’t know if the attributes give it to us. So I am looking at alt integrations and may muck about with alt python scripts to see if I can hack it myself.

Hi oglodyte, I have a sonoff rf bridge but I dont see any notifications when the doorbell is rung.

did u configure anything speciifc?

Been following this thread with one eyes.
310 replies so far, its sometimes hard to get the right info.
Whats the last status of this now?

Is it possible to have all info in the opening post? (which would be updated frequently)

1 Like

I have also tried this and as you get nothing on the RF Bridge. I would have thought it either displays an RF Received once doorbell pressed.

Follow @Bergals very helpful response to me just a few entries up for latest install details.

@davidtja I think I figured it out. There are multiple versions of the EufyDoorBell. I have the battery/wired version with the homebase2. I got this because it had 16gb memory. turns out that this one does not have 433Mhz ping functionality… Whereas the Eufy Wired doorbell has a “chime” and yes it pings 433Mhz, which you can detect using an RF Bridge…

Well thats my theory, I have the “wired” one arriving later today from amazon and i’ll let u know…

1 Like

If you have Alexa you do not need the 433 bridge. You can create a routine that when the doorbell button is pressed from the Alexa skills you can then turn on a momentary switch in HA. That is how I have it set up.

Umm, Could be the same for me then I also have the battery/wired version with homebase2. That would be a real pains as I need the battery version.

The sonoff rf bridge arrived. Flashed it with espurna. Connected it to wifi and mqtt / ha. Pressed learn and hit the eufy wired doorbell and now i have a doorbell switch in ha. The plan is to play a loud mp3 file of a dog when i’m out.
If eufy fixes the weird rtsp stream it will be the perfect doorbell.

2 Likes

Yes, there is some config to do to make it work. My RF Bridge is flashed with Tasmota and sends codes via MQTT, so you need to have that too. Then it’s a mqtt sensor that can be used in automations:

- platform: mqtt
  name: "RFBridge"
  state_topic: "rfbridge/tele/RESULT"
  value_template: "{{ value_json.RfReceived.Data }}"
  expire_after: 3

Anyone? Update?
Is it possible now to view live feed camera stream within HA?
So no still image?

Can someone tell me, how long does it take if i press a button to view the stream,?
Cause i read, if you do this in google home hub, and you ask for the stream, it takes 15 seconds to view the stream.
How long is this in HA? (if its already possible).

• if i want to automate stsuff on doorbell press, is that now possible or not? and on both versions? (wired/not wired)

I have a fully functioning (to the best of my knowledge) RF Bridge, also flashed with Tasmota. I don’t have the config you have and not sure its needed?
Regardless Surely the RFBridge console module should see the RF signal as you hit the bell?