Eufy Camera Integration

Is there an entity that I can use as a trigger in the event that the doorbell is pressed?

Who is responsible for the eufy integration? I would like an answer on my questions above :stuck_out_tongue:

I never thought about this, works flawlessly and is so much easier then using a 433 bridge!

What I did based on PrayerfulDrop his idea is the following:

1. Link eufy to Alexa
  2. Create input_boolean in HA (input_boolean.doobell_pressed)
  3. Create Routine in Alexa to switch input_boolean.doobell_pressed to on when the doorbell is pressed.
  4. Create automation in HA that triggers on the input boolean.

In my automation I turn the hallway lights on and turn the input_boolean.doorbell_pressed back to off.

I’m not sure but this might work with the google home integration too.

3 Likes

Is that with the wired or battery version?
Which one do i need to get now? (living in belgium)
Are you able to see the livestream now in HA?

I use the wired version, but I don’t see why the wireless wouldn’t work as far as you can integrate it with Alexa.

This is just to use the doorbell ringing as a trigger in Home Assistance without the need of a RF bridge. To get the live feed in HA see the post by @repiuk.

I’m about to buy the eufy,
Thatswhy…
When i’m sure it works… the live feed in HA?
@repiuk?

IT would work with google assistant too then… the doorpress?

I don’t use google assistant or Alexa. No idea if the doorpress works like that. With the wired doorbell and sonoff bridge it works flawless.
The live feed in HA works. In my case unreliable (I have to refresh the HA lovelace page). Eufy promised a real rtsp stream, no idea if it will surface.

You say the live feed works, but you have to refresh ha lovelace page… is that continuously refreshing, so its a still image, or you mean, you have to refresh, then it works as long as you stay on that page, but if you come back you need to refresh?

I have to call the service ‘camera.turn_on’ to view the live feed. The still image (last motion event) is always there for me.

so it is possible to view live feed without refreshing

@Angelo_Santagata. Did your theory pan out accurately. I’d like to know before wasting time with the RF Bridge. Cheers

Hey david,

Yes the Eufydoor bell wired using 433Mhz to send the ding to its “chime” whereas the battery model uses “some other frequency” to communicate with the homebase.

I tried it out with my sonoff RF and it worked perfectly… that said I did send it back as Im after a camera that gives 24hr recording

Also worth noting even if u do have the battery version you can still get the event back into HA. I didnt try it but if u have alexa then the route is doorbell, -> ding alexa- > routine -> IFFF -> HA

havent tried the latter but it appeared doable to me

I dont use Alexa presumably you never tried wiring the battery version to see if that made any difference?
I’m not sure this camera is really what I’m after long term. It has some great features and ticks many boxes but I have a fairly unusual requirement like you I need a 24hr recording ability. What camera do you intend to go for?

I did try the battery/wired version, when wired it does not send the 433Mhz ping. AFAIK Only the wired 2k version, with the chime, uses 433Mhz…

I really like the US BestBuy special of Doorbell2k Wired, it has 32gb onboard and does constant recording… Alas not available in the UK and importing it is a PITA.
I have heard that eufy will allow constant recording soon, or at least rtsp support, but nothing yet…

1 Like

Is it needed to turn this off again? Thought/read that it is automatically turned of after 3 minutes.

And is it somehow possible in HA, that this script is automatically started if I open the picture entitiy to view the stream

Sure? For me this is working with guest account and without homebase access as well. Will I miss features or something else with this guest access?

I am trying to install the component via HACS but cannot find it on HACS. Can anyone help please?

Did you add the custom repo as directed in the instructions first?

1 Like

ah my bad thanks for that @rpitera