Eufy Camera Integration

You’re mqtt settings are wrong
Port should be 1883 + it should start with mqtt

As stated in settings
To be sure, you can always use MQTT explorer first to connect to your broker
See if that works, if it does, then use those settings in the addon

I’ve got mosquitto broker running on that port for room assistant and I was trying to put the IO broker on a different port.

Are you mixing up things or is it me who can t follow
Your were talking about the mqtt bridge

That needs to connect to your mosquitto broker

This has nothing to do with io broker
I dont even run iobroker

Oh, I thought I had to run IO broker to use the mqtt bridge. So I can just have the bridge go through my mosquito broker?

Yes, you dont need iobroker (unless you want to change stances too)
Those are 2 seperate things.
Iobroker was first but someone else made mqtt bridge, which is in my opinion better :wink:

Someone knows?
Nobody showing the picture?
I can see the picture if i add my ipadres followed by /api/camera_proxy/camera.deurbel_last_event?token=xxxxxxxxxxx

But problem is i have to cut and paste the ip + probably the token changes with every pic

Thanks! Got it up and running!

1 Like

I use single quotes around all the config questions (username, password, url, etc) so that HA captures it correctly. Give that a try.

Hi @MaxW,
Will your iobroker addon work with any iobroker adapter?
Would be great to have the iobroker alpha2 (temperature control) adapter integrated in HA :grin:

Thank you all. Especially MaxW (and sub contributors) for the addon. Installing this was tough as my home assitant completely crashes when installing or updating the addon and I have to unplug my raspberry pi 4 host from power / reboot again to make it running again, but it seems to work. Doorpress motion binary sensor works and is usable.

Only I cannot get Camera last event thumbnail to work properly. How does this work?? - I try to get the image in Lovelace but it does only say Inactive and some sort of broken image icon. I suspect the image location is not correct (using Picture-entity, entity + camera entity as ‘camera.doorbell_last_event’, no imagepath set). I wonder, where is this last event picture is stored?? - It is not in the share/eufy**/data folder. Looking in the actual database file(sqlite) there, I see a working ‘pic_url’ for each specific event entry logged but that would be a static reference. How to show the ‘last’ event picture in Lovelace? Is this possible?

I’m busy making automation that shows the picture entity on all my google hubs

If u wanna see the thumbnail enter your ipadres+port\api\camera… token url and you’ll see it

It was a little patience I needed btw. I have both installed now. :slight_smile:

@MaxW

I have updated the MQTT to your latest version. After a reboot it is now running. Very odd.

Thanks. 0.1.3 did get things working for me.

Shouldn’t crash :thinking:Which version are you running? Is there enough memory for everything?

@MaxW, Thanks. Not sure, suppose so, its running on a RPI4, 4gb memory so that should be sufficient I suppose. Started with 0.3.0. Yesterday upgraded to 0.5.0 which I’m running now.

@skank, I tried your url definition directly from a web browser, but it’s giving me a 401 Unauthorized (without token). http://HA_LOCAL_IP:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.doorbell_last_event?token=…

Which Token string/code should I get here ? - I searched around and found some tokens in credentials.json in the data dir, but none of these seem to work. Still 401 Unauthorized. I also get a notification in HA that a login attempt was tried but blocked. Same from my other laptop. Not sure if this is related to this Eufy add-on, or a general HA/my local network configuration problem though.

Hey, im running it too on rpi4 with 4 gig memory without troubles … so it is sufficient

For the url.
Im having troubles with it too… it seems theres a bug cause sometimes it has no picture
See also

2 Likes

I get this error after clicking install on eufy-ga-mqtt-bridge v0.6 (rpi3 - latest hassio):

Failed to install addon
The command '/bin/bash -o pipefail -c npm install && npm install -g json2yaml' returned a non-zero code: 127

did you use the 32bit or 64 bit image?

i have some rpi3 here, could try to recreate the issue.How much memory is available? could you try to disable all other addons for the installation? My first thought is that the npm install part is requireing to much memory :thinking:

I decided to use a spare RPi instead of my NUC to implement ioBroker. I am very happy that I can now automate the security features of the Eufy environment. The Eufy app with (4) people using geofence just never worked. But now I can have HA force the cameras into Away mode and back to Home mode. Thank you @fuzzymistborn for the writeup on how to set ioBroker up. :slight_smile: