Eufy Camera Integration

I am struggling to get my Eufy doorbell to show up in HA now… I added the custom repository (https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security) and added the integration… but, I cannot find any entity with ‘camera.doorbell’ in my HA.

here is what I see in my logs:

2021-01-08 16:25:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for eufy_security which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2021-01-08 16:26:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Error while setting up eufy_security platform for camera
  File "/config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py", line 31, in async_setup_entry
  File "/config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py", line 31, in <listcomp>
  File "/config/custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py", line 46, in __init__

I am not a developer but for the developers in this community I found that a Homey developer is working on a Eufy security app for Homey. Maybe for inspiration check https://github.com/martijnpoppen/com.eufylife.security

1 Like

Hi @bropat,

Thanks so much for effort and the work of @fuzzymistborn and @MaxW in this very long topic :). Your adapter in iobroker has allowed me to set the Guard Mode in my Homebase Model T8010 with two cameras and my powered doorbell Model T8200 which I have been waiting forever for.

I also have three Security 2K Indoor Cam Model T8410 that don’t work at all. In fact, they seem to crash the adapter. I can send more detailed logs but here’s the error from the log file:

2021-01-08 20:49:32.618  - ^[[31merror^[[39m: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch().
2021-01-08 20:49:32.618  - ^[[31merror^[[39m: eufy-security.0 (8661) unhandled promise rejection: Request failed with status code 404
2021-01-08 20:49:32.619  - ^[[31merror^[[39m: eufy-security.0 (8661) Error: Request failed with status code 404
    at createError (/opt/iobroker/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
    at settle (/opt/iobroker/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/opt/iobroker/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:260:11)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:326:22)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1241:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)

These aren’t as critical to me but if you are able to get them working it would be appreciated.

Your stream continues forever? or it plays for 30 sec also?

I’m satisfied with current two addons, but if you do it all in one, then i prefer yours.
If you add 2FA its even better, if you do the stream longer, and i dont have to activate the camera, hell then you rock… even changing guard mode is a surplus

But, now it comes, im not sure how to use yours.
I have to install the iobroker and the iomqtt? (so also 2 things for you?)

1 Like

@golles can you answer this please?

Hi @gdagenais,

please activate the debug mode of the adapter and reproduce the error. Then please send me the logfile (note: the logfile contains sensitive data; mainly the token, so redact it).

Thanks @bropat but I seem to have resolved my problem.

I was in the process of setting up a dummy Eufy account to share one on of the cameras for tests and your adapter worked just fine. It was my newest T8410 fresh out of the box. I added my existing installed cameras and had the issue again with your adapter again. The only difference between the new cameras and the old ones is the old ones were paired with Homekit in Home Assistant. I reset the cameras to unpair them and your adapter works perfectly! So it seems to have something to do with Homekit pairing.

Thanks again for your efforts!

@bropat? I dont want to push you, im just curious about the work you do and trying to understand

Anyone know if the communication between Homebase2 and cameras (2C) are via WIFI or some property wireless protocol. Just wonder how to extend coverage. WIFI or extra homebase.

Hey guys, thanks for the work on the eufy cams.
I am a bit confused though on what I should do to get a livestream to show up in my HA UI.
I know there are issues with the durration of the stream and so on, but I can’t even get my head around how to create a camera entity and actually use it.
I tried to read through most of the posts in this topic, but I might have missed some instructions.

I have the eufy video doorbell 2k, but I have it wired up, so it doesnt use battery, it has constant power supplied.
So far I followed the instructions from https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security and I successfully added the Integration. But I cannot find an entity or something to use, how can I access the video stream?

help much appreciated,
cracmeister

Hi @cracmeister,

as I understood the previous postings you have basically 2 options:

1. integrate the camera stream with the module from nonsleepr you mention (https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security)
  2. integrate the events (doorbell, presence detection etc.) incl. a camera snapshot from the most recent event into Home Assistant with the Eufy MQTT bridge from Github user matsje (https://github.com/matijse/eufy-ha-mqtt-bridge)

I use the second option and is very reliable. MaxW also provides an Home Assistant add-on basing on this approach. I did not test the add-on. If you want to try it - it is linked in the readme of the Eufy HA MQTT bridge…

The first option had a bug when I tested it, but there is a post in this thread how to fix the issue by changing two lines in the source code. I did not test the fix, because it is not my most relevant use case for a doorbell.

I hope this helps.

One addition: In this post you find a description how to get a live stream via RTSP. I will check this later…

Edit: It does not work that way with Eufy wired doorbell

@skank
The RTMP stream does not continue forever. In the adapter you can set the stream length (default: 30 seconds). If I’m honest, I don’t know if there is a restriction on the part of Eufy (I haven’t tested).

As I said before, the 2FA is already implemented.

Yes, you need to install ioBroker, install my adapter, configure it and then integrate it with Home Assistant as described by others in previous posts.

@skank
The Eufy app integrates several interfaces, including an HTTPS web service, push notifications (firebase), mqtt (for example for the wired doorbell) and a proprietary protocol => P2P over UDP. This protocol is mainly used for controlling the Eufy products (e.g. changing the guard mode is done through this interface). That’s why I’m currently working on decrypting them.
I have already made good progress with downloading decrypted videos (past recorded event videos). But the implementation is not completely finished yet. Once this hurdle is cleared, starting a livestream over P2P over UDP on the local (but not only) network is possible (without RTMP!). It could also be possible that there is no time limit for the stream :wink:
As said before, I don’t have much free time at the moment, so just be patient a bit :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@gdagenais
Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:
It is very useful to know that when the Homekit integration is active some things behave differently.
I will make a note of this in the backlog to take a closer look at this later and react to it.

Wow @bropat. Great work :slight_smile: Thank you for your efforts!

ooooh local livestream with no time limit sounds brilliant! Thanks for all your efforts @bropat !

1 Like

guys,

I’m currently waiting for my Amcrest AD110 to be delivered, this doorbell has RTSP, Motion sensor and online status for Home Assistant and costs around 80$.

Should i send it back and get the EUFY or?

That’s entirely up to you, we can’t decide for you. Depends on your needs and what you’re looking for.

Well function wise i’d prefer the EUFY however at the time i made the purchase there was no RTSP or homeassistant intergration so i decided not to get it.

However i’m hearing allot of good stuff about the eufy cam and home assistant with live streaming.