Eufy Camera Integration

I am reading well, but it seems any time i change a setting (even directly in the IObroker interface) it doesnt get pushed back to the actual camera. Mode changes, camera state (on/off/disabled) etc, doesnt seem to change.

might be a refresh issue where its just not updating the p2p cloud.

The pan/tilt and 2k camera doesn’t seem to respond to changes. I have same issue.

Changing guard mode for my 2k/pan/tilt works fine. Haven’t tried any of the other options/settings as all I need is guard mode.

Would somebody be able to give a summary on the status of all this? I am so grateful for all of the devs working so hard on this, but am a bit confused where this is all at. I would like to access my eufy camera with a live stream. Currently I’m using the “Eufy Home Assistant MQTT Bridge” and not IO broker at this time. With the current state of all these projects is that possible and if so what add-on is it through?

Hi @jbrukardt, @PrayerfulDrop ,
please activate the debug mode of the adapter and reproduce the error. Then please send me the logfile (note: the logfile contains sensitive data; mainly the token, so redact it).

Ah, this is important for bropat to know. In the iobroker info he states that the only thing he can test is 2c and a few other cameras. I have all indoor 2k cams, which he hasnt been able to test i believe.

1 Like

Can do. Ill use fuzzymistborns example of changing the guardmode so we can standardize on an item. @PrayerfulDrop can you do the same?

Guard mode does not work for me. I can set it in IOBroker but it does not set the device.

I will help any which way just need guidance on how to assist.

well damn… now its working. I think it might just have a delay.

Heres the pastebin of the change. It didnt enter guardmode for like 3-5 minutes after that, but then it went.

From the logs it appears that the command took 1 sec to process :wink:

My wife informs me that the camera then switched back to away mode like 15 times after the command was issued, and wouldnt stop resetting itself to away despite her setting it back to home in the app. Only stopped when rebooted :smiley:

Ill have to chase this more later when im home.

can you try changing the state variable under the camera object in
eufy-security.0.CAMERA_ID.cameras.CAMERA_ID.state ?

Im not sure if offline (0) or manually disabled (2) is the right state to make the pan/tilt roll its lens up.

{
“0”: “OFFLINE”,
“1”: “ONLINE”,
“2”: “MANUALLY_DISABLED”,
“3”: “OFFLINE_LOWBAT”,
“4”: “REMOVE_AND_READD”,
“5”: “RESET_AND_READD”
}

I only have 2k indoor fixed cameras, so its difficult to tell when they “turn off” as they dont have a physical indicator like the pan/tilt when they roll up.

State is just blank for me. Nothing for me to select. I think that’s something that only gets updated by the camera changing state, not something the user can change.

First of all:
thanks to everyone - especially @MaxW and @bropat - for the effort you put into this project - amazing!

I tried the MQTT-bridge first but recently switched to the ioBroker solution from MaxW for my eufy doorbell 2k wireless.
Used the step-by-step guide from fuzzymistborn which made the way a bit smoother :+1:.

But I stumbled across several things which might also help others who might suffer difficulties:
I used the addon “File Editor” from within HA to copy and paste the data into configuration.yaml or sensor.yaml
For some reasons it gave me some errors after implementation. After I switched to notepad++ and did it again it worked better.

Additionally it turned out that some of the given configuration wasn’t matching my setup. After getting used to REST and a better overview of the ioBroker structure I was able to fix the remaining problems…

Stream adjustment:

resource: "http://IOBROKER_SERVER_IP:CUSTOM_PORT/getPlainValue/eufy-security.0.BASE_SERIAL_NUMBER.cameras.CAMERA_SERIAL_NUMBER.livestream"

Guard mode adjustment:

resource: "http://IOBROKER_SERVER_IP:CUSTOM_PORT/getPlainValue/eufy-security.0.BASE_SERIAL_NUMBER.station.guard_mode"

you can get modes if you enable “Write” in iobroker.

The homey addon manages to change it somehow. In the app its the “turn camera off” dialog

You are right :slight_smile:

This is a read only state.

huh, i wonder how the homey integration which is based off the same library (or was until a couple days ago) manages to set it

I understand which feature you mean. This feature is already included in the shared library. It was just not implemented in the ioBroker adapter yet, because I focused on the P2P livestream (more important from my point of view :wink: ). Anyway in the next ioBroker version this functionality will be available.

1 Like

absolutely more important :slight_smile: Thanks for all your hard work