Eufy Camera Integration

@bropat @fuzzymistborn where do I put the two factor authentication code as I keep getting emails with the code from eufy.

@bropat I have the same issue - any ideas?

1 Like

@JeffreyR
Do you also have a wired doorbell?
If yes, then I ask for a little patience. Tomorrow I will probably take a closer look @conorlap 's doorbell to understand where the problem lies.

@bropat

Yes I also have a wired doorbell but I was trying to view an image on a different camera (I only added 1 camera so far to the config file and was ignoring the doorbell for now). I also get an image, I see that the stream does start in IObroker, and I can get the stream URL, but it does not “load” in HA

Not sure if that is related to @conorlap issue or not?

We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. :wink:

1 Like

@JeffreyR
Please send me the debug logs via pm.

@bropat - Sorry - how do I do that? Are you free on discord by chance?

Maybe today evening.

@bropat this is what I get in my HA log:

2021-02-17 09:02:44 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.worker] Error opening stream No Stream

2021-02-17 09:02:51 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.rest_command] Error. Url: http://192.168.XX.XX:8087/toggle/eufy-security.0.T8XXXXXXX.cameras.T8200N002008040C.start_stream. Status code 500. Payload: None

2021-02-17 09:02:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.rest_command] Error. Url: http://192.168.XX.XX:8087/toggle/eufy-security.0.T8XXXXXXXX.cameras.T8200N002008040C.start_stream. Status code 500. Payload: None

2021-02-17 09:03:04 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.worker] Error opening stream No Stream

Also not sure if you have seen but Eufy have introduced cloud based recording like Ring. I saw it on my Eufy app few days ago.

Hopefully soon :stuck_out_tongue: been waiting for ages for this to work.
I think its strange this is less wanted

First of all, thanks to the contributors and especially the developers for helping us to use the excellent Eufy Camera’s. I’m interested in the Eufy Video Doorbell 2K camera and the Outdoor eufyCam 2 Pro.

Before buying them I’m waiting for a good integration with HA.

I did recently purchased the Indoor Cam 2K Pan & Tilt (T8410). So therefore I follow this topic.

I installed the addons ioBroker and HA-MQTT Bridge.

I managed to get a (delayed) camera snapshot. So no stream yet. Don’t know yet why not.

With the auto-discovery MQTT function I have got five binary sensors (crying, motion, person, pet and sound detected). But no ON detection from them! I only see Off and Unavailable.

Listening for motion at state_topic: homeassistant/binary_sensor/eufy/T8410Pxxxxxxx_motion/state doesn’t show anything.

Any clue what has gone/done wrong?

I guess that you need some extra info if you are willing to help me, but as not being a very experienced user I hope someone will guide/help me in the right direction. Of course I can give you the info you need to help.

Hopefully someone is willing to help me, would be great.

Make sure your settings for the camera are set appropriately. If you have pet, person, crying, etc off then the camera does not report anything.

1 Like

Hey NicoS,

if you only want the live stream you can use the build in RTSP stream. You need to update the cam to the newest firmware and after that enable it in the settings.

Take a look at this post: http://community.anker.com/t/how-to-setup-rtsp-on-eufycam-to-stream-video-to-your-compatible-nas/64833

Daranto

1 Like

Thanks a lot! It was needed to select the right detection messages within the app. Seems logic afterwards :wink:

Thanks a lot! That worked! Both with my Synology NAS and within HA with RTSP. Still have to learn a lot :wink:

Hi @MaxW! Does eufy-ha-mqtt-bridge use the child/baby of the two newly-weds? :grin:

I wonder why the running and installed option from within this thread

is not included in the updated summery?

For me (beside some lack of features) this is the easiest integration till now, without iobroker, mqtt bridge and all this stuff, but with last-picture and live view (with needed but running start and stop scripts of course).

Because it’s not really working anymore and has been vastly surpassed by other libraries/implementations.