Eufy Camera Integration

Yes I can write a guide on how to best configure the integration between HA and ioBroker. It’s on my todo list :wink:

4 Likes

Is there any way to get a still_image_url for generic HA camera setup?

Thanks for the instructions. I was able to add the Eufy integration using the Family & guest account,
but I don’t see any devices or entities. Not sure if there is something that needs to be added else where. Like my configuration.
Thanks,
Grant…

Make sure you grant the guest account access to the cameras.

Thanks for the fast response. I did grant access to the camera. I logged back in to the android app to check and I can see the camera, just not in home assistant. Not sure what else I can do.
Thanks,
Grant…

Really curious, what method did you use to get the sound warning on your Google Home? Been searching high and low for something that works…

Ok, here’s my simple installation manual with a bit more detail:

1. Install ioBroker, I put it onto a raspberry PI. Instructions here
  2. Install and configure eufy-security, instructions here (until @bropat merges these back)
  3. Install chromecast and script adapters in iobroker (Just find them in the adapters view and press plus
  4. Add a new blockly script. You can import mine and start from there. Image below
  5. You need to change a few things:
    A. click ringing and navigate to: eufy-security.0 -> [basestation] -> cameras -> [doorbell] -> ringing
    B. Create a speaker group for the evening in Google home and put the name instead of deurbel_avond
    CD. Create a speaker group for the day in Google home and put the name instead of deurbel_overdag
    D. Change the ringtone to something you like. Just find a url online. You can use mine, but it is just that, my voice :wink:
  6. Hit save and check the logs and test

1 Like

My blockly script can be found here:

https://github.com/sunsear/ioBroker.eufy-security/raw/master/docs/en/ring_to_google.xml

1 Like

You can find everything on my github https://github.com/skank01/Home-Assistant

Especially look at https://github.com/skank01/Home-Assistant/blob/470e502cfaa6034e8da91bbd4cdb008fc168230e/automations/doorbell.yaml
The binary sensor is from https://github.com/matijse/eufy-ha-mqtt-bridge/

But as i said, im looking for a way to show a picture from the camera, but it seems im the only one wanting this, cause i dont see any people developing this

1 Like

New Release 0.3.0

* (bropat) Implemented feature request #88: Enable/disable motion detection for camera products
* (bropat) Implemented feature request #81: Enable/disable RTSP stream (added also RTSP stream url)
* (bropat) Implemented asynchronous download of event videos when receiving a push notification
* (bropat) Optimized ffmpeg implementation to only muxing video data to HLS
* (bropat) Optimized HLS livestream video start delay (10-15 sec.)
* (bropat) Fixed possible race condition with ffmpeg when using fallback to Eufy RTMP live stream
* (bropat) Fixed issue with livestream when p2p connection is lost
* (bropat) Updated versions of the package dependencies
5 Likes

Thx for the update! Whats on your next todo?

thanks bropat. I installed the update and activated debug. Last picture works like a charm, livestream and last video do not work and generate an error “file does not exist” - looking at the log files it seems the issue relates to the codec / encoding of the files - could it relate to the resolution (2k) of my devices? I will send you the log file via PM but below a snippet.

hls @ 0x1cd409b0] Skip ('#EXT-X-VERSION:3')
[hls @ 0x1cd409b0] Cannot get correct #EXTINF value of segment /data/iobroker/iobroker-data/files/eufy-security.0/station_REDACTED/last_live/device_1_REDACTED0.ts, set to default value to 1ms.
[hls @ 0x1cd409b0] Opening '/data/iobroker/iobroker-data/files/eufy-security.0/station_REDACTED/last_live/device_1_REDACTED0.ts' for reading
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] More than one AAC RDB per ADTS frame is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Assuming an incorrectly encoded 7.1 channel layout instead of a spec-compliant 7.1(wide) layout, use -strict 1 to decode according to the specification instead.
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Multiple frames in a packet.
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Number of scalefactor bands in group (47) exceeds limit (43).
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Sample rate index in program config element does not match the sample rate index configured by the container.
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Inconsistent channel configuration.
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] get_buffer() failed
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Number of bands (15) exceeds limit (12).
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] channel element 1.15 is not allocated
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Number of bands (7) exceeds limit (6).
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Sample rate index in program config element does not match the sample rate index configured by the container.
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Too large remapped id is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to https://streams.videolan.org/upload/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list. ([email protected])
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Reserved bit set.
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Number of bands (13) exceeds limit (10).
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Number of bands (10) exceeds limit (9).
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] channel element 3.14 is not allocated
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] channel element 3.2 is not allocated
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Reserved bit set.
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Number of bands (23) exceeds limit (16).
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] channel element 3.5 is not allocated
[aac @ 0x1cd4c4d0] Dependent coupling is not supported together with LTP

Others who managed to get the 2C camera working? eufyCam 2C (T8113)

Or the battery powered doorbell? Battery Doorbell 2K (T8210)

I actually want exactly the same, notification on my phone with uri to open the door (unlash Nuki) - it works sometimes but mostly the picture is either absent, outdated or panned the wrong way (eg. face is not visible, only upper body).

Right now however focus is on getting the camera live feed working… so far no luck.

Is there any way to get these sensors to trigger without the Eufy notification on my phone? Seems it only works when the camera is set to record and notify. Otherwise this would be perfect.

The camera only sends info based on your settings. These solutions do not bypass the Eufy app or system but just allows you to interact with it through HA as an end point.

New Release 0.3.1

* (bropat) Fixed regression on livestream with h265 codec
1 Like

Hie guys!

There is a demand to Eufy there :wink: : https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/t/petition-for-open-source-apis-a-dev-share-program-and-direct-app-to-hardware-communication/850439?u=adu8

Maybe you could make more audience :grinning::+1:t2:

The API has been promised for the past two years and still has not been delivered. Hence reverse engineering the solution. :grin:

2 Likes

hi bropat, thanks for this - I tested it; the log shows no errors so the transcoding seems to work; the files related to the video are however still not there. Will share the log file through pm

hi @RT1080,

the log is fine. Check out this post Eufy Camera Integration
I think you are looking for the video on the wrong port (it should be the port of the ioBroker web adapter - default: 8082).