Eufy Camera Integration

Basically my todos are the issues (include feature requests) on github :wink:

At the moment I’m trying to improve the integration of the indoor cams (the doorbell, solo cameras and Floodlight camera also benefit from it).

If you have a feature request, just open issue :wink:

1 Like

You can decide which topic or feature request I should work on first by giving it a “thumbs up” rating. :slight_smile:

Thanks for everything. I use the 8082 port, iobroker is in a docker container and the port is mapped to 8082 of my ip address. The webserver also works without issue for the “last_event_pic_url” since version 0.2.5:

http://ip-address:8082/eufy-security.0/[stationnumber]/last_event/[cameranumber].jpeg

for the video I use

http://ip-address:8082/eufy-security.0/stationnumber/live/cameranumber.m3u8

this however generates the following error code:

File [stationnumber]/live/[cameranumber].m3u8 not found: Not exists

same applies to last_event_video_url, last_livestream_pic_url and last_livestream_video_url

I will reinstall the whole lot to see if that generates result

A full reinstall did the trick - will never know what caused the errors but the good news is that it works. Video is ca. 15 seconds behind real time, which is a good result; after a few seconds the lower part of the picture scrambles a bit but could be night vision maybe?

Thanks so much for all your efforts!

I have been seeing similar behavior but been too lazy/busy to fix. So all you did was uninstall/reinstall ioBroker?

I removed the iobroker plugin from home assistant, installed it from scratch and reinstalled webserver, restapi and eufy within iobroker. Following this the stream works - I managed to stream it in vlc, still not in ha though.

Based on HA documentation I will not be able as it seems restricted to h264; @bropat if I am not mistaken mine generates h265 (2K) right? Any way to down sample the file to a lower resolution

Yes h265.
I have seen with the Indoor cam that you can adjust the video quality. Furthermore, the Eufy app provides a fallback to h264 if the phone does not support h265, so I think you just need to find the right setting in the Eufy app and the compatibility problem with HA should be solved. :wink:

Well progress, now I don’t get the “not exists” error but can’t get the file to open in VLC. All I had to do was uninstall/reinstall the EufySecurity adapter, didn’t need to do the rest.

This message means that the web adapter is responding and not my adapter. My adapter responds differently when a file is not found (at the beginning of the message it says: [eufy-security.0]...)

The solution of the problem is the following:

In the installed adapters view you have to activate the expert mode (icon on the top of the bar). Then find the eufy-security adapter and press the icon with arrow up (upload). After that restart the adapter and the problem should be solved.

PS: Can not give more specific instructions at the moment because I’m not sitting in front of the PC. Have written everything only from memory… :-P).

Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling do the same thing.

Thanks - tried this and have some success - progress!

I changed the eufy app video quality to low for both “streaming quality” and “video encoding format” - this results in 264 codec (vs. 265 earlier) which is compatible with HA.

Live feed is not yet working (demux errors in HA) but when I add “last livestream video url” as a source in HA it works and shows the last video generated from iobroker.

Oddly though the iobroker adapter generates errors when the doorbell is pushed and/or a person is recognized; video is not updated/downloaded. Only a manual button push in iobroker forces the adapter to work.

Doorbell push / person identified sensor state is updated and coincides with the following warning in the log:

(1025) P2PClientProtocol.handleDataControl(): Not implemented - CONTROL message with commandId: CMD_SUB1G_REP_UNPLUG_POWER_LINE (2111) channel: 2 - data: 0300000000000000

will try some more tomorrow and post debug/silly log output with more details.

So far many thanks!

@fuzzymistborn - perhaps good to add in your comprehensive guide a warning that HA does not support the 265 compression yet and an override for 2k camera’s is required to force 264 compression.

I’ve recently installed iobroker and the Eufy-security-client adapter from Github and have things working at a basic level (much to explore). I’ve noticed that the version I have installed says 0.3.1 in iobroker but Github is saying there’s a 0.5.1 version available. I installed by adding the URL into iobroker so in theory this should get the latest version?

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 09.35.00

No, 0.3.1 is the latest release. https://github.com/bropat/ioBroker.eufy-security/releases

1 Like

My bad, I was looking here: https://github.com/bropat/eufy-security-client

For anyone wanting eufy doorbell to see on google hub
I have big news
It is in dutch though

This just states Google is finally getting onboard. No integration with Eufy currently.

It’s a step forward in getting it on google…
Now it depends on eufy, and hopefully they do make it work…

That way, we dont need HA for it.
Then we can focuss on only the camera from eufy getting into HA

When my doorbell is pressed using the Eufy mqtt broker addon, I use Assistant Relay add-on to send a command to Google, “show doorbell on TV”. I think it can be used for a hub?

New Release 0.4.0:

* (bropat) Added handling of adapter updates with breaking changes
* (bropat) Added new P2P feature: enable/disable pet detection for indoor cameras
* (bropat) Added new P2P feature: enable/disable sound detection for indoor cameras
* (bropat) Added new P2P feature: enable/disable led for wired doorbell
* (bropat) Unlocked state: last_event_video_url
* (bropat) Fixed parsing of push notification to download video events for battery doorbells and indoor cameras
* (bropat) Fixed enable/disable device (for wired doorbells, indoor cameras, floodlight camera and solo cameras)
* (bropat) Fixed enable/disable led (for battery doorbells, indoor cameras, floodlight camera and solo cameras)
* (bropat) Fixed enable/disable motion detection (for indoor cameras, floodlight camera and solo cameras)
* (bropat) Fixed change video watermark setting (for indoor cameras and floodlight camera)
* (bropat) Updated versions of the package dependencies
3 Likes

That’s a heck of a release!

2 Likes