Eufy Camera Integration

I am still testing latest version, not ready to publish. please track over here the status: https://github.com/fuatakgun/eufy_security/issues/59

you especially would not want it personally, stop_livestream is not working (@skank )

ah ok :slight_smile: any idea why my doorbell isnt streaming anymore, it says im getting a timeout
It did work before though

Ah, so that explains why I’m seeing my doorbell stream but getting “broken” images for my 2k floodlight cams. I just got fuatakgun’s integration working with bropat’s eufy-security-ws container but it sounds like I might be better off with ioBroker. 17 days after your comment, do you still feel that way?

I haven’t had time to install and test the latest version but I’ll look into it today. ATM though, ioBroker is giving me a solid image from my 2k Flood.

1 Like

Anyone have any experience with camera snapshots when NOT streaming via rtsp?

I use @anon63427907 s integration with the ws-docker in HA, I use node red for persondetection in the yard, I wanna pull a camera snapshot and send using telegram. I have the flow working, but the image is not the current one. It rewrites the file but with an old snap, if I go into the eufy app I see a newer image for the event. The “auto-added” lovelace card in overview has the current event, but I don’t wanna use it because it seems to trigger rtsp-streaming afterwards.

If I go to the picture url in devtools/states I still get an old image like in telegram.

Any ideas how to combat or is this an inherent issue with eufy?

@davenbo I think you have to first start streaming and then take a snapshot, and stop streaming after that.

oh ok, yea guess that could work, thanks for suggestion!

EDIT: Tried it, seems to need a delay of about 2.7 for the RTSP stream to actually start before taking the snapshot, so… it works… not terrible, not great :slight_smile:

Hi @anon63427907, thanks you for the brilliant work and effort.
I’ve enjoyed it for couple of hours then run into issues. I’ve followed your instructions several times on two HA devices with no luck.
Once i finish the setup the whole HA gets frozen for minutes (can’t access supervisor page or HACS or integrations page) then once back to normal and try to turn on the camera stream it gets slow again and can’t access supervisor page.
Tried to restart core, restart host and didn’t work.
I’ve also started with fresh HA on another device but faced the same issues.
Not sure, but it might be related to Eufy devices or setup :frowning:
I have 4 2c, 1 battery doorbell, 2 pan and tilt cameras connected over 2 homebases
I’ve turn on the RTSP for all cameras

Below are more details about my HA devices:

both devices Version 2021.9.7, supervisor 2021.09.0, Home Assistant OS 6.4
I’ve also tried Eufy Security WS AddOn 0.4.2 with same results

once i remove the addon and the integration, everything back to normal.
Appreciate your help. thanks.

apparently, my recent change from 2 days ago is causing issues, also for me, I will rollback in couple of hours, please update through HACS and create a github issue if issue persists.

Edit: Updated, give it a try now

Thanks for the speedy reply. I’ll try now.

Everything back to normal :slight_smile: Thanks a lot @anon63427907

1 Like

my question on this topic, why do you need to use snapshopt? if you are relying on camera itself in terms of getting person detection event, so it is fine to read camera attributes as
camera.attributes(data).pictureUrl. PictureUrl should be updated after the photo is updated to cloud which could take couple of seconds. But it would definitely be faster than starting stream etc.

good point thanks for the suggestion, I am relying on the camera to handle that, yes.
I guess I assumed the camera picture URL changes and I didn’t see a straightforward of engineering an automation to detect when it does. Do you know/Are you aware of any resources available for how to set this up?

Maybe a template sensor that reads the attribute and then any change in url would be a valid trigger?

Yes, template sensor would do the work. i am using this integration to create sensors from UI. https://github.com/custom-components/templatesensor

Interesting,
I tried your suggestion and conventional template sensor but the syntax I used doesn’t seem to resolve, when I tested it in template editor it resolved to an url but the sensor just gets the value Unknown.

Any tricks/suggestion which formatting to use? It looks like this now:
{{ states.camera.front_door.attributes.data.pictureUrl }}

Edit: Also tried {{ states(‘camera.front_door.attributes.data.pictureUrl’) }}

enjoy

{{ state_attr("camera.garage_camera", "data")["pictureUrl"] }}

states will return the state of entity, not attributes. to access attributes, you need state_attr

btw, I have noticed that template sensor is a bit slow to give you away this information.
in next release, I will publish couple of sensors, is_streaming, streaming_source_type, streaming_source_address and I can definitely add pictureUrl into that list.

2 Likes

that would be awesome!

thanks for the syntax, it still resolves to unkown unfortunately, yes I substituted garage_camera to my own entity.

PM me your entity state dump from Developer Tools

Hi @anon63427907
I have a T8410 (Indoor Cam 2k Pan & Tilt) which natively supports RSTP.

Having HASSOS, which option do you recommend to install to have most of the sensors present in my cam?

Option1 (Install ioBroker and use Rest API / MQTT to control) or option 2 (Install HA-MQTT Bridge) from the first post?

Thanks in advance.

hey, I have not tested iobroker myself so I will not be able to comment on it.
have you tried the one I am working on? I know it does not support PTZ functions now.

I am actively working on it.