Eufy Camera Integration

I’d be happy to help, but I’m pretty clueless when it comes to coding anything other than basic CSS or HA config files.

Rumoers arent worth mentioning i think,
where did u read that

Apparently it’s from Eufy Support, so not just a rumor then.

3 Likes

Wow cool
So this:

Is double? One of the two would be ok?

I haven’t played with that so I don’t know if that would include a video stream but the RTSP support won’t allow for control of camera settings (like turning motion detection on/off). That PR would allow for such control.

1 Like

Seeing this in my logs generated from my Eufy Cameras. Any idea what’s going on?

Logger: eufy_security.camera
Source: custom_components/eufy_security/camera.py:66
First occurred: 1:55:32 PM (2934 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:35:36 PM

Unable to process parameter "1609", value "35"
Unable to process parameter "1131", value "1"
Unable to process parameter "1149", value "-1"
Unable to process parameter "1607", value "1"
Unable to process parameter "1601", value "0"

In dutch

Homekit support will be included, perhaps thats the way to include in HA?

New to this thread as I’m interested in purchasing the EufyCam 2C but I did find the following on Reddit about RTSP and battery life, seems that RTSP doesn’t allow for a continuous stream from the camera and is only triggered when the camera detects an ‘event’:

Has anyone in this thread had a success using a RTSP Eufy Camera and Zoneminder ? I’m planning to try this type of Integration this week end.

TBH that makes sense. RTSP requires a continuous data signal which would kill the battery. The battery powered cameras need to conserve power in order to run.

I tried and couldn’t get it to work but I’m a Zoneminder n00b. I ended up running BlueIris in a Windows VM as it just works better.

Interestedly I’ve also read the cams can work when connected to USB so a potential long term solution there :slight_smile:

Hows that?

Connect the cams/doorbell with usb?

Theres also a new doorbell form woox (tuya)
Looks promising too, and cheap
Perhaps earlier integration in HA

Ok so I pulled the trigger on the EufyCam 2c and in general I’m very impressed. I’ve setup RTSP with the intention of integrating into HA but as above the RTSP feed is only triggered once the camera has detected a motion. So my question is can I have a still image displayed until there is an event from the camera at which point it will then show the live stream/event. This is my config so far to get the camera into HA (once enabled RTSP for the camera):

(Cameras.yaml)

- platform: generic
    name: Front of House
    stream_source: !secret eufycam_front
    still_image_url: http://192.168.1.12:8123/local/images/eufycam.jpg

(Lovelace)

camera_view: live
entity: camera.front_of_house
show_name: true
show_state: false
type: picture-entity
aspect_ratio: 50%
camera_image: camera.front_of_house
image: 'http://192.168.1.12:8123/local/images/eufycam.jpg'

Neither of the above configs show a still image at any point, it is possible to show the still when not active? I’ve noticed that the that of the camera is ALWAYS idle (even when streaming) so can’t have any conditional template to show the image.

Any help grateful.

Hi all, i would like to play live stream on lovelace UI. which media player can I use to display live stream? I used the call service camera_stream and I am getting error missing media player?

That’s currently broken/not working afaik.

Hi Apt, so did you managed to get livestream to work with that config? Im still struggling to get it to stream.

Is there any word from anker, rtsp is coming?
They said june, right?
No news?
Theres absolutely 0 possibilities in HA?
Guess since nothing is possible now… and the bell is already months old… nothing further will come

Common with Anker that they say a date and then miss the deadline. Also it wasn’t “officially” posted anywhere, just a support rep IIRC. I haven’t seen anything other news on RTSP on the doorbell.

I wouldn’t say 0 possibility. There’s a decent chance, its just we need a dev with some free time. There’s a few possible options in the github repo, just need to be worked out some more.

I tried GitHub - FuzzyMistborn/python-eufy-security: Python library for Eufy Security cameras but i cant get it working.

How do i get the RTMP URL ? i want to use that in Synology.

I’ve asked Eufy support when FTP upload and/or RTSP comes:

We are so sorry that our doorbell doesn’t support the RTSP currently, so you can not save the recorded video on your Synology NAS or stream the doorbell via Synology Surveillance Sation. Also, it doesn’t support FTP upload. But our engineers are working hard on the RTSP, it will be available in August if everything goes smoothly.

2 Likes

The RTMP url only lasts about 3 minutes (when it was working which it’s really not at the moment with the integration). So that wouldn’t have worked for you anyway.

Glad to hear they’re still working on the RTSP stream. It was promised for June so August would be nice.