Eufy Camera Integration

if it wont come , maybe this is an option https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nooie-smart-wireless-doorbell-for-24-7-security#/

Is it possible in any way to enable / disable the cameras via any web calling?

I want to do this via HomeAssistant depending on the status of another sensor.

Not at this time, though there’s a few solutions out there that need some dev work/time to implement that should be able to.

Hope they are being released in the future …

Worth looking

1 Like

Could you stop posting non-Eufy doorbells in this thread? I understand you’re disappointed that the Eufy isn’t in HASS, but posting other doorbells here isn’t helping.

11 Likes

I’m sorry mate.
You’re absolutely right! Wont happen again.
Still would love eufy in HA

2 Likes

Why not use an emulator like BlueStacks then? :wink:

I installed https://github.com/nonsleepr/ha-eufy-security and it works fine. The only thing I missed is to change the security mode over Home assistant. Switch from away to home or disable (all cameras switch off and stopped recording). If anyone is at home (deteced via Home Assistant) all my cameras should switched off (stop motion detecttion with recoding). And if nobody is at home all cameras should be switched to away mode and start recording via motion dection. Is there any option right now or maybe in future?

1 Like

Struggling as well with the streaming on HA. So it seems like it stops if no motion for 3min. Also no way to trigger one of the states (home, away etc).
Hoping some good soul is working on this🙏

The stream timing out after 3 minutes is a limitation imposed by Eufy with no workaround I am aware of.

There’s also no way to change the states at this point.

Any updates on new code? I too would be interested in the arming of the Eufy system versus the app which is a hit or miss.

No that I’ve seen no.

I’ve recently purchased an indoor cam 2k (non pan-tilt) and been exploring the python library. I do have quite a bit of experience with python and reverse engineering things but I don’t consider myself an expert at all. A few things I’ve already noticed after about an hour of tinkering:

• You can see the ON/OFF state of the camera in the params so I’m gonna investigate the possiblity to change this with the API.
  • Same as above but for the Status LED.

I know these aren’t groundbreaking discoveries but it’s a start, hopefully I get determined to investigate more and stumble across something. My only concern right now is I only have the indoor cam and I am aware that there might be param differences between cameras so I might need some help from others who have other cameras!

If you want to check to see what I am doing on my fork of the repo, check it here

Streaming is working for you?

I can get a costant streaming on motioneye if in the eufy setting I have the continuos recording on the sd card and in the RTSP setting

cool, how do I use this in HA?

I am able to get RTSP live stream into HA with following config after enabling it for through “storage” option from eufy secuirty app,

configuration.yaml

ffmpeg:
stream:
camera:
  - platform: generic
    name: Living Room
    still_image_url: http://194.178.20.159/jpg/image.jpg #fake url
    stream_source: rtsp://195.178.20.159:554/live0

and Lovelace config

- type: vertical-stack
    cards:
      - type: picture-entity
        entity: camera.living_room
        camera_view: live
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          service: camera.snapshot
          service_data:
            entity_id: camera.living_room
            filename: '/local/livingroom.jpg'

any knows how to get still image url from eufy cam?

5 Likes

Right now this is still in development on the API side of things, so it’d need to be merged in to the existing repo and then have the HA component updated, but thats probably not going to happen any time soon.

I made some nice progress tinkering with my indoor cam, I was able to get the following configurable using the API, it’s pretty much everything that is configurable in app for the settings of the indoor camera. I can’t guarantee this works for all camera’s because I don’t know if the property IDs are the same or not.

• Status LED ON/OFF
  • Camera ON/OFF
  • Auto night vision ON/OFF
  • Watermark (Off, timestamp, timestamp and logo)
  • Motion detection ON/OFF
  • Motion detection activity zones (clear, set) (This currently only takes coordinates, there is no UI to configure the zones)
  • Motion detection types (Person/Pet/Other)
  • Motion detection sensitivity (lowest-highest)
  • Sound detection ON/OFF
  • Sound detection type (crying/other)
  • Sound detection sensitivity (lowest-highest)
  • Pet command ON/OFF
  • Pet command activity zones (this is the same as motion detection zones)
  • Pet command auto respond (this is fidgety - you can’t create audio here but you can select the one to be played, but you need to know it’s ID which currently is only known when it’s currently selected)
  • Continuous recording ON/OFF
  • Continuous recording type (24/7 OR scheduled) (can’t configure the schedules)
  • Video quality Streaming Quality (auto/high/medium/low)
  • Video quality Recording quality (2k/1080p)
  • Audio settings Microphone ON/OFF
  • Audio settings Audio recording ON/OFF
  • Audio settings speaker ON/OFF
  • Audio settings speaker volume (0-100)
  • Notification settings type (person/pet/other motion/crying/other sound) (switch each on/off)
  • Notification settings interval time (configurable in minutes, although UI only shows 0-5)
  • Notification settings content (most efficient/full effect/include thumbnail)
  • Mounting settings Flip image 180 ON/OFF

I know it seems like a lot but it’s got a glaring issue with it all. The camera DOESN’T update when you change these settings. You do see the new config in the app (after a pull to refresh), but the camera doesn’t reflect these changes. This is clearly noticable with the status LED, it doesn’t turn on/off when you change it with the API, but it does with the app.

My hunch is that it makes the API request, then makes a request directly to the camera to tell it that new config is available and it should download it, then the camera does a GET from the API and applies the new config. Unfortunately, I have been unable to track any requests so if anyone with better knowledge on that front can intercept some messages between the app -> camera or the camera -> the internet, we could get a clearer picture of what is going on.

Until the above is figured out, the API isn’t that useful if you need to change something in the app anyway for it to take effect. But I still think this is good progress in the right direction!

If you want to take a look through my changes/have a play with it, here is the repo:

3 Likes