Eufy Security Integration

Hi @anon63427907 I noticed that there is now an event image entity added to the integration. In my case the doorbell image for my Eufy wired dual doorbell is grey. However the event image is showing coorectly. Is it possible to get a URL from the event image so that I can use it on my Sharptools dashboard?
thanks

Switch camera_proxy with image_proxy and it works magically, i need to update the readme accordingly.

Check camera_proxy rest api here: REST API | Home Assistant Developer Docs

1 Like

Hey, for this, replace camera_proxy with image_proxy and it works magically

I have updated README with correct setup

1 Like

Do you know if it is possible to display the image /api/image_proxy/image.entrance_event_image

from an external website? I am wanting to display it on my Sharptools dashboard which essentially uses HTML/Javascript.

At the moment I run an automation which takes a snapshot and copies it to a location on my HA. Then in Sharptools I reference the .jpg file.

Is it possible to reference a jpg or image file using the /api/image_proxy/image.entrance_event_image?

Using rest API and long lived token, you can get the image from external websites (risk of exposing long lived token)

Look at this: Need help with appending entity_picture url attribute to ha url - #6 by Darbos

Replace camera with image

ok thanks. I’ll take a look.

Thanks - have now moved to latest version and all dashboards and notifications seem to be working again. when it was a picture-entity card, it shows the camera status which I liked. Maybe I can still do that using the new image, we’ll see.

If I try putting this in a browser

https://1234567890.ui.nabu.casa/api/image_proxy/image.doorbell_event_image?token=1234567890
with the correct nabu case url and long lived token I get a 403 Forbidden error. The token is newly generated. I noticed in the link that you sent it had
&api_password=_yourhapassword but not sure what that is or if its necessary when you have a long lived token?

Did anyone got this working ok
With a HomeBase2 and T8210 Doorbell ???

Would love the solution for this

I spoke to soon.

With T8423, both image.x_event_image and camera.x show the same image, that is out of date.

The timestamp of the event image is updating, but the image is not.

Is this known, or should I create an issue?

Same here, my earlier optimistic conclusion was also too soon. The doorbell (P2P only) works as intended, the two other cams only update on a restart of the add-on. That suggests the problem is with the add on I guess and not the integration.

Just wanted to share thanks to @anon63427907 and @bropat for their combined work.

I had this integration semi-working in HA for some time (everything except for live streaming). I spent roughly an hour last night following the readme on Github as well as reading through comments from other users to ensure I had the appropriate configuration, and the live streaming function is now working quite well with my 2K Dual Cam Doorbell.

I think people have a tendency to underestimate the effort involved by unpaid developers to make this possible where the vendor provides minimal/no support. It’s great to see that we have people interested in supporting our devices in Home Assistant.

5 Likes

Just updated the integration with;

• alarm control panel if initial fetch is missing and guard mode is Geofence or Schedule
  • image entity is fixed to get better updates from add-on
  • @kvanbiesen had introduced Off mode for keypad users on alarm control panel

My next focus would be having a custom card which would include webrtc and image entity internally with start/stop/ptz buttons. So, it will be a customized version of webrtc card for eufy devices

6 Likes

My T8423 still doesn’t update it’s image unless I restart the add-on.

This sounds exciting.

Hi,
After i upgraded from 6.2 to lates version i have a problem, if i disarm the alarm on the eufy keypad the alarm sets to off in home assistant insted of disarmed like it did before, is it possible to fix somehow?

Please open an issue, i will take a look at it today

@anon63427907 is there support for the T8530 Eufy Video Doorbell, I have been trying to get it works for over a month now. I don’t really understand why it won’t allow me to get a live feed.

Thanks for your consideration!

If it is listed as a supported device on readme, it would work. If it is not working as expected follow readme to create a bug with all required information.

Same problem here with T8020p.
When the thumbnail issue got resolved (which we experienced for months) it was working fine again for me. But now I don’t see an update untill I restart HA. Not sure if it is related to the latest updates we’ve been seeing.