Eufy Security Integration

Hi fuatakgun,

Just here to say thank you for fixing the boot issue !
Much appreciated your work in the addon(s) !

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and testing that it does work. I just need to find out what I am doing wrong.

Here is one way I have tried using Call Service, I’m not sure it is the correct service though.

Thanks for all the work here. I’m just starting out (just got my Raspberry Pi last week) and am wondering if anyone can give me pointers to get this alert working when motion is detected by the doorbell. Automation just doesn’t get triggered.

I’m trying ‘on’ ‘off’ , ‘true’ , ‘false’ variations without luck. Haven’t restarted HA each time, but have refreshed the Automations yaml. I’m sure I’m missing something simple…

Logbook does show sensors moving from true/false:
Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 9.04.36 PM

alias: Notify Phone after Motion Detected at Door
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.doorbell_motion_sensor
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 1
      milliseconds: 0
    to: 'on'
condition: []
action:
  - device_id: b8bfee2e9b20f70082e9f0be5b383195
    domain: mobile_app
    type: notify
    title: ''
mode: single

You should use this eufy_security.alarm_arm_custom1

You should use True or False as states.

Thank you, but i think i need your config settings from your plugin?

check last sentence here

1 Like

Oh sorry, thank you very much

welcome, no worries, it has been recently updated by @dpomnean

1 Like

And it works. I honestly thought I tried that already. Oh well. Thanks @anon63427907 for your patience with me!

Welcome, actually this is a mistake of mine, i should use on/off rather than true/false :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, i am exploring different mechanisms as watchin as webrtc (thanks to @conorlap ) or publishing as webrtc. Based on these exploration, you might need to expose new ports, following my updates on readme file.

2 Likes

Hi is it possible to change the True False to on of so that we don’t have to use state? state causes automation not to function when wanting to use the person motion detecton in some automations when i want to use it as a binary sensor.

You are right, i am just worried about existing users the thing is that, i am not versioning the integration yet, so everyone is receiving latest version directly without an option to stick to a specific version.

For legacy reasons, maybe i should introduce this as an option, but this is definitely a mistake

1 Like

Hi,

That would be awesome I now have to build al lot of custom automation beceause of this. En fork blueprints.

Back to here, thanks to @conorlap 's great idea about using WebRTC (https://github.com/AlexxIT/WebRTC), I have added some sensors and improved streaming (either native RTSP or RTSP Add On). Please update RTSP Server Add On and Eufy Security Integration to get the latest changes and follow the steps captured here: https://github.com/fuatakgun/eufy_security/blob/master/README.md#63-optional---webrtc

• BETA - Lock is supported
  • Camera image generation is optimized.
  • P2P stream latency should be around 1-2 seconds.
  • Support host and port setup for RTSP Server Add On
  • Many more new sensors
  • In case your p2p stream generation fails, you can adjust ffmpeg analyzeduration variables. It is set around 1.2 by default, if your P2P does not work, increase it up to 5 seconds.

Integration link: https://github.com/fuatakgun/eufy_security

2 Likes

Thanks for the update ! Gonna try it, hopefully its better now.
Thx for the effort in this !

You will probably interested with faster p2p streaming and webrtc integration.

1 Like

Yes thats my main concern :slight_smile: Will try asap, already updated it