Eufy Security Integration

I have several 2C. Is RTSP in general needed or explicitly enabled in the eufy app, as there is such option? And is this then “always on”, which would reduce battery dramatically or only started when recording as before and displaying via this adapter?

Please follow this guide: How to setup RTSP on eufyCam to stream video to your compatible NAS - General & Product Discussion - Anker Community

I know this guide. That was the question. Do I have to do this, that your integration is working with this as well or does you integration is doing the streaming via another way, if the device is supporting this in general.

And if yes, if I have to set this up explicitly for this integration (here it is magically active, never did this), what about user, pw, port, authentication settings, listed in the guide and option.

And if this is then “always on”, which would reduce battery dramatically or only started when recording as before and displaying via this adapter?

ok, let’s rollback to the beginning :slight_smile:
there are two different ways of streaming from cameras
1- RTSP - camera takes ownership of generating video output, more reliable and less power consuming for us. Enabling RTSP does not mean that camera is always streaming, it will stream when there is motion only, assuming camera is powered by battery. if camera is powered by usb/mains, it should be streaming all the time (learnt recently). there is a delay of 2-3 seconds here. (my observation)
2- P2P - camera sends chunks of video frames to eufy app and app is generating the video on the fly. Integration is able to receive these chunks thanks to add on and home assistant is generating the video on the fly. This is much more power consuming and there is a delay of 10-11 seconds here. (my observation).

So back to battery question, independent of type of streaming, there is time limit (should be around 3 minutes) and after that, camera will turn it off to save battery.

when you click on camera image;

• it will check if RTSP attribute exists in your camera definition
  • if yes, start_rtsp service will be called
  • if not, start_livestream (p2p) service will be called
  • after 3 minutes, it will be turned off automatically
  • you can always turn off manually
  • integration does not activate RTSP, as not all cameras support it.

let me know if this answers your question

1 Like

Very helpfull. Thx for this.

What I still not know/find, are the settings needed for RSTP in the camera: which authentification method, user and pw and/or where I have to enter them in your integration. When enabling RSTP, you have to set/enter these details.

And secondly:

when there is motion only or when you click on the image as well? This was your answer to my question before.

Following this thread now too
So the way to go is rtsp, and i should enable this? Following this How to setup RTSP on eufyCam to stream video to your compatible NAS - General & Product Discussion - Anker Community
Is that correct? I dont have a nas though, can that save to the homebase ?

Eufy had been marketing RTSP stream for the sake of writing into NAS, so NAS is not a dependency just a marketing material.

If you enable RTSP, you can even use VLC for streaming if your camera is streaming.
Enabling RTSP does not mean that it will stream all the time, if your camera is battery powered. It will stream 1/ when there is motion and your camera setup to record it or 2/ you explicitly called RTSP service from home assistant.

When you click on camera image on home assistant, it calls turn_on service of camera the process inside turn_on;

• check if RTSP attribute exists in camera
  • if yes, call enable RTSP stream
  • if not, call enable p2p stream

you can go with basic authentication, we are not interested the values you put there. Whenever you start rtsp stream from home assistant, related information will be received automatically.

i cant chose rtsp for the doorbell it seems

nope, that is a given but not fulfilled promise from eufy :slight_smile: you are stuck with p2p for doorbell.

1 Like

ah damn eufy
:slight_smile:
They promised google assistant integration too, but thats not coming either

It looks like fuat has fixed this. Can you update to the latest version in HACs and do a check for me since you were the other able to reproduce the issue? Firstoff, confirm streams are working by default with no service calls from a clean reboot (id recommend rebooting your whole host), and secondly, that you can cycle between streams without causing HA or your host to lock up.

Oh. Thanks for this information as well. But how is this possible? Security bug/gap? I thought that authentication with user-pw is there, that no one can get this stream without having this information. Esp. that is should not be possible to stream without or to read this security information from wherever (cloud/device)? In this case is seams to be a benefit, but I wonder, if this should really be the case.

You are already handing over account credentials and add on ia imitating the eufy app. So, your stream is safe with your credentials.

My cameras (model: T8111) support RSTP. For some reason, it looks like they are being detected as p2p?

live_streaming_status: livestream started
streaming_source: p2p
is_streaming: true
queue_size: 0
rtsp_url: null 

My mistake again somewhere, I am sure.

there should be another attribute as rtspStream: false but you have to first enable RTSP over eufy app following this: How to setup RTSP on eufyCam to stream video to your compatible NAS - General & Product Discussion - Anker Community , do not worry about NAS sections
try again later

1 Like

I have been using RSTP so it is already enabled. I was using TinyCam Pro to simultaneously stream both RSTP feeds at /live0 and /live1. I don’t see any other reference to RSTP in the attributes for the entity when viewed in Developer Tools.

In my Eufy app I have an automation set to start recording on both my driveway and yard cameras if motion is detected at the driveway. The recording is set to last for a specific duration. My TinyCam Pro app would launch on my Eufy notification and both RSTP streams would play for 10 seconds and then timeout. That has been my previous experience using my RSTP streams. I have also set the feeds up on VLC player on a console. And I have set them up as a generic camera using configuration.yaml. I was just starting to use browser_mod in conjunction with that but your integration seems easier and I LOVE the access to the sensor states.

I would share my camera with you but I can’t remember where I saw you mention doing that so you’d have to give me your email address for the Eufy account you are using for this process.

my email: [email protected] and I am located in Europe, if you are located in different region, eufy does not allow cross region sharing, you can create one account for me and add it there and give the credentials over pm or email.

by the way, if you have get the latest code base (around 20 hours ago), this issue should be fixed. Integration will check if RTSP stream had already started and get RTSP stream URL into HA.

Ive got a US-based dev account already that you can add it to if you like ([email protected]), that fuat has access to