Eufy Security Integration

Is this happening with latest version of add-on (1.6.3 - released in last couple of days) or with any version?

This is my logs: https://logpaste.com/bjTmK6fM
All i did was change my password (using bitwarden) to a more secure password and restart eufy security on my app. Plus eufy addon, then this started.

Logs: https://logpaste.com/bjTmK6fM

I refreshed the eufy addon and got a new error: https://logpaste.com/veM9MoLs

Anyone else getting a random login failure on HA after the upgrade of ‘eufy-security-ws’ to 1.6.3.

Is there an easy way to downgrade the version to vet this further?

Thanks.

Edit: I reverted to 1.6.2 and haven’t seen the issue again.

lock/unlock action has stopped working again on T8520 door lock. State keeps sync with the eufy app still, just can’t action from HA.

Previously adding the IP to the add-on configuration got this working again but no such luck now. Anyone else seeing this?

1 Like

I am a really happy user of this addon (for a few years now). Today I noticed something that I think started happening since today. My contact-sensors are not registering the open/close event anymore as they did before. They are attached to doors and windows. When I now open a door I very quickly see the sensor switch to ‘open’ and then directly back to ‘closed’ (while the door remains open). Previously it would remain open for as long as the contact was lost and set back to closed when connected again as the door or window was closed.

I am not sure if some change either with Eufy, this addon or me caused this. I have not changed anything for a long time (neither in Eufy nor my HA setup - aside from keeping both the addon and the module always updated).

Within Eufy the sensor does correctly show the state.
My Video-doorbell from Eufy does still send all state changed correctly.

Update: I noticed Eufy itself also in it’s app once not registering it correctly. But now it does again. But HA the behavior is still unchanged.

Update II: if I reload the Eufy Integration manually I get a notification with this error that I do not understand (and not sure it is related):

Error: 
<Task finished name='Task-8296' coro=
<WebSocketClient._process_messages() done, defined at /config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/web_socket_client.py:62> 
result=None>

Not working for me anylonger since 1.6.3. Thumbnail picture is working, however when i want to start the stream i get an error. camera turn on and off command not working properly anylonger. Also seeing this message in the logs when starting:

name: ‘hidden-motionDetectionMode’,
label: ‘HIDDEN Motion Detection Mode’,
readable: true,
writeable: false,
type: ‘number’,
min: 1,
max: 3
},
oldValue: undefined,
newValue: 1

I’m having the same problem with Host/Port Is Wrong.
Did you figure it out?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have done some further testing over the last two days.

While I once noticed Eufy itself didn’t register the state correctly it has since then done so correctly. I contacted their support and tbh did not get very far with them.
In HA it is consistent however. When a contact sensor is open i see the state go to open and then close without the physical contact sensor being ‘closed’ again. In the Eufy app it registers as open correctly.

Still no errors in the logs at all regarding this integration or the addon it uses. If I reload the addon it does consistently give me notice of the error I posted in my original mail. If I reboot HA as a whole, no errors.
The first day this happend I was able with a lot of reloading to get it to see the open state correctly once. But since then have not been able to reproduce that.

Not sure if there is somewhere else I can look to for example provide more details to this topic?

+1
Same for me too.
Symptoms as you describe.
Installation was working fine up until I think a very recent update broke things.
Mine model T8520N.

Happy to report appears resolved for me in v1.6.4 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Always much respect and kudos to most responsive devs!
:Hat off and bows:

The new version of the addon also seems to have solved my issue with the contact sensors. :+1: cheers for those working on that!

Cheers to @bropat

1 Like

Video Doorbell 2K wired live stream works on the latest release!

Thanks!!! @anon63427907

Sadly I spoke too soon. Contactsensors stopt showing the open state again. :cry:

Hi, I am a new HA user. Recently managed to get the eufy-security-ws to work which is great. However, similar to a lot of people, I too still have issues with streaming my Eufy cameras on HA.
This may sound like a dumb question, but if I only have a Eufy homebase with cameras, and no NAS (ie: something like Synology that Eufy seems to approve of), do you think it’s the reason why the RTSP doesn’t work on HA on my end? Is having a NAS a must to get these cameras to work on HA?

i installed 2 camera’s, but no video, what could be the problem?

No. It is working without a nas.

1 Like

It started in the 1.6.4 version.