Eufy Security Integration

Anyway to add colour light support for the S100?

e.g ability to change the light colour from within HA instead of just toggle on / off.

1 Like

Hello all…

Not been about much of late as the system has been working incredibly well…and I had put off updating from 2023.3 for various reasons.

But the bullet last week and upgraded all the way up to 2023.8 which in turned forced me to upgrade a LOT of my integrations but a bit of work got everything working as needed and in the case of the Eufy intergation, it was now actually working better than before…

In fact one of the main issues before was that only one of the door statuses would update as expected, but with the new add on and intergation…that has magically started working so the one final element of the system was now in place so i was very very very happyl.

That was until I woke up this morning and discovered that my system was no longer changing status’ of other devices when I changed states (I have a node red flow that syncs the status of the Homebase and changes all others accordingly) …and whilst having a bit of a dig today I’ve noticed that the only way to fully sync the status of each device is to swipe down on the app…and as soon as that is done then the integratin items will update…only two of the elemnts dont change, but its odd and annoying all the same time

Has anything happened in the last 24/48 hours that will have changed this or will something have happened at the Eufy end…I haven’t updated the app any time recently FYI

In case its relevant, I got a captcha request for the first time in months if not over a year today…so not sure if that has affected things as well…

update:

seems my timing wasnt great…

The issue was still there so got home a short while ago, and whilst multiple HA restarts didn’t seem to help, doing a full machine shutdown (where the VM hosting HASS is running) seems to have got things working again… will keep an eye…but hopefully not wasted too many peoples time.

Using T8200 Wired 2K doorbell. The binary sensor for ringing always show “Not Running” and it does not change when someone presses the ring button. It was working fine up until some time ago before the updates. Is it just me or you guys have the same problem?

not like for like , but all working fine on my T8210

I’m trying to start from scratch but I’m having an issue.

Bropat addon working fine after reinstall.

Custom component folder is empty after uninstall, multiple restarts, after fresh install with hacs the folders
and files look installed

Only if i wanna re install/add (+) your addon I’m getting this error.
“Invalid handler specified”

Thanks in advance

The issue with the contact sensors (i think you are referring to that?) has been affecting me also. I cannot pinpoint it and reading your update about the reboot I am curious has that permanently solved it? Ive noticed it working in the morning, stopped working in the afternoon, today it seems to have worked the entire day. Sometimes with sometimes without reboots. So i find it very hard to get what is going in and if its solved or not.

Question, my eufy shows “homebase is updating” for the past 24 hours. Realize a bit off topic as not HA related but grateful for any tips to get this sorted.

There is a blue arrow with a circle around it hovering over each camera connected to my homebase 2

The door sensor issuewasn’t resolved on this reboot but on my previous update to 2023.9 and the relevant integration and add-on updates…

As said this wasn’t working as expected for a long time and I wondered if it was the Eufy app that was affecting it but now all door sensors show in real time whereas before only one sensor worked ever

My issue was just that lots of syncs and entity states weren’t working at all…but a full system restarts rather than just HASS itself resolved them…no idea why though…maybe a network connection issue for the host itself

So for you it is solved? I am still experiencing it (and it’s a new issues for me since a few weeks). And its very random. In the morning I see open doors and windows correctly. And later in the day they stop working. And this is not connected to a reboot (so no reboot happens for them to work/not work). I am up-to-date for the addon, the plugin and HA.

im not sure what the issue is for you…mine has continued to work as expected all day for the past few days

Hello all,

I can’t find a solution for it but since some months I am not able to stream the live feed of my Eufy Battery Outdoor cam.

I use the Eufy Integration with the RTSP Simple Server Addon and the Web
This is the error log:

RTSPtoWebRTC communication failure: RTSPtoWebRTC server communication failure: Cannot connect to host localhost:8083 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('XXX.XXX.XX, 8083)]

My WebRTC integrations also show no entities…

Is someone getting this work? It worked for months but since some updates not anymore.

Thanks… i am at a loss also. As it is so random and the log doesnt show errors.

@anon63427907 is there anything I can look at myself to figure out why my contact sensors do not keep the open state or something I could do to provide you and the owner of the addon this plugin uses with some info incase it may or may not be a bug in one?
Ive been trying to figure out some way to reproduce it working (it generally does not work anymore but sometimes ‘randomly’ does). Or check logs or other things for errors and monitor over days. But honestly its a bit above my head I guess.

Having issues with my eufy security after integrating its showing up as failed to setup i did check the configuration according to the steps

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:399
First occurred: 3:03:26 AM (19 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:18:45 AM

Error setting up entry 127.0.0.1 for eufy_security
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 399, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/init.py”, line 50, in async_setup_entry
await coordinator.initialize()
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/coordinator.py”, line 37, in initialize
await self._api.connect()
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/api_client.py”, line 71, in connect
await self._set_schema(SCHEMA_VERSION)
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/api_client.py”, line 147, in _set_schema
await self._send_message_get_response(OutgoingMessage(OutgoingMessageType.set_api_schema, schema_version=schema_version))
File “/config/custom_components/eufy_security/eufy_security_api/api_client.py”, line 319, in _send_message_get_response
return await future
^^^^^^^^^^^^
custom_components.eufy_security.eufy_security_api.exceptions.FailedCommandException: {‘type’: ‘result’, ‘success’: False, ‘messageId’: ‘set_api_schema.319dc738cfec4f00a8f2d1cb3568b61f’, ‘errorCode’: ‘schema_incompatible’}

Can someone help me with this? Thanks

Often restarting the whole system seems to get rid of the error, if it was working fine before.

Update both integration and add-on (from bropat) to the latest version

I have two indoor Eufy cams that I have running rtsp. I’m using the webRTC + Lovelace card option to display the live feeds.

I’d like to be able to direct the rtsp feed to Alexa through the Alexa HA integration/ skill, as a smart device. The hope is that by doing this I’ll get faster connections, over the official Alexa Eufy integration, when calling up streams on FireTV devices.

Is there a good or best solution/integration to get this done?

So, you can setup your camera as generic camera and expose your cameras to alexa and you can stream it to echo screens.

I am advising generic camera as you would simplify overall setup (no add-on, no integration and no need to start rtsp stream).

You can use both in conjunction.

1 Like

Thank you, I got the generic camera integration setup, I can see my stream through the camera entity. I then exposed the camera to the Alexa integration, so that it appears on the Alexa app as a device.

But when I try to start a stream
‘Alexa, show me living room camera’

She responds, ‘living room camera doesn’t support that’.

The HA instructions say that the stream integration is required. Is this automatically installed when setting up the generic camera, or do I need to do something extra?

That’s exactly what I’m looking for right now. I once created an issue. I’m curious to see what the answer will be.

1 Like

you should check with @bropat, I see that there is some work going on that end.