Eufy Security Integration

Would love to pay you to set me up if i can share my desktop <3

Hello there, noob hereā€¦ :slight_smile:
First of all, let me thank all the developers for their great work, really appreciated.
I just bought a Solocam S220 battery cam (T8134) and I saw that it is not in the list of supported devices.
In fact, I have installed addons and integrations in Home Assistant but I can only see a limited set of entities (no camera, no streaming, no motion detection etc.).
Is there any chance this camera will be supported in the future?
Thank you very much.

Check with bropat please, he is the master of supporting new devices.

I am trying to not to mix leisure activity with monetary incentives :slight_smile: be sure that you will receive the help you need over here

First of all, thank you for a great integration of Eufy in HA. Everything works just perfect :slightly_smiling_face:

I am trying to mkae some small changes to the camera card. I have written the following code but its not working properly. I would like to remove the stop button and instead when I tap on the thumbnail (still image) force it to call the RSTP stream. With this code the RTSP is always called for which is not right. It should only be called when tapped on the still imgage.

`square: false
columns: 1
type: grid
cards:

• type: conditional
    conditions:
    • entity: camera.entrance
      state: idle
      card:
      type: picture
      image_entity: image.entrance_event_image
      tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: eufy_security.start_rtsp_livestream
      target:
      device_id: ā€¦
  • type: conditional
    conditions:
    • entity: camera.entrance
      state: streaming
      card:
      type: custom:webrtc-camera
      entity: camera.entrance`

Please format your code properly (put it inside example code) ```

Sorry Iā€™m still a newbie in coding. Hope this is better:

square: false
columns: 1
type: grid
cards:

* type: conditional
conditions:
  * entity: camera.entrance
state: idle
card:
type: picture
image_entity: image.entrance_event_image
tap_action:
action: call-service
service: eufy_security.start_rtsp_livestream
target:
device_id: ā€¦
* type: conditional
conditions:
  * entity: camera.entrance
state: streaming
card:
type: custom:webrtc-camera
entity: camera.entrance

Will do, thanks!

Iā€™m facing the same issue. The thumbnail never updates till I restart the integrtation.

Interesting, i was convinced mine was set up right, but seems settings have moved to text only. Now changed it back but it doesnt stick and moves back to text only after a few minutes. Perhaps this is deeper in account/cloud permissions as a result of the changes following ā€œprivacy gateā€

Somewhere you are supposed to acknowledge cloud storage to have image based notifications once, this had come up after last security discussion.

Iā€™ve been working with this integration for a while and probably because of issues related to eufy themselves and how this is reverse engineered, the experience isnā€™t very reliable. I have several cameras, the feed sometimes works, sometimes doesnā€™t, things constantly break and overall this feels like not ready to be used by the wife, excuse my criterion hereā€¦ The eufy app works well to stream the videos, is there an easy way to maybe ā€œinvokeā€ the app with a button? So itā€™ll popup, maybe as a picture in picture (PIP) and then to be able to close it and be back in Hass? Is this thing possible? Alternatively, if this works perfect for everybody else and Iā€™m the only exception here then do let me know. Lots of love and thanks to the devs who Iā€™m sure are doing their best, this is a tough cookie here.

I personally donā€™t think that we will come somewhere closer to the app in terms of reliable for p2p based streaming. One of the users had claimed that homebridge has solid integration for eufy cameras, i will take a look at it but until then, it is far from perfect.

Foe triggering app directly from home assistant, i suggest you to take a look ha mobile app and tasker but I donā€™t know more about it.

You can call activities from ha mobile app or initiate some actions via tasker.

1 Like

Hi guys, novice here. I just installed this integration for my Eufy smart lock T8530 and chime T8021. However I donā€™t see any entity for the lock or even the camera only for the chime. Any idea what Iā€™m doing wrong?

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to achieve something with an app called Overlays. It can allow me to have a persistent ā€œwidgetā€ on top of everything, clicking on it will launch the eufy app, then if eufy app is running this persistent widget changes to be a launcher for the homeassistant kiosk browser. Sorry for hijacking the discussion, Iā€™ll start a different thread for anyone interested if I see that this works. Not as elegant as your solution should have been, but without intensive collaboration from Eufy in this matter this may never be 100% reliable, as you say. Unfortunatelyā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m putting streaming aside for now, and Iā€™m looking at the event image property. I see some discussions here and on GitHub but canā€™t find a definitive answer for the behavior Iā€™m seeing. What Iā€™m getting is that the event image isnā€™t getting updated with the latest image, however restarting the bropat addon causes the correct last event image to be updated. Is this a known issue? Something related to the bropat addon? Is there some workaround we can do? I see this for all my cameras, this is not specific to one model.

Edit: The app is showing the correct updated image, thatā€™s how I know thereā€™s an updated one available.
Edit2: I tried ā€œforce_syncā€, thinking itā€™s related, didnā€™t change the image.

Hi

Can I add the eufy base via this integration? I enter the IP but get an error, what am I doing wrong?

It is just related to your notification configuration in mobile app and overall human beings not good at reading the manuals

1 Like

I understand this integration is heavily based on notifications, however, when restarting the bropat addon, it is able to ā€œfetchā€ the latest images automatically, exactly like what happens when you force close and open the app on your phone, even without notification. So I thought it could be possible to force the addon to do it without a full restart.