Home Assistant Community

Eurom Heater

I’m tempted to buy this heater: “Eurom Wall Designheat 2000 WiFi”.

It seems like a likely candidate for home automation, but at the moment, there does not seem to be an integration for this device, so a few questions:

• is there anyone with experiences with this heater?
  • if I were to buy this heater, I would perhaps like to use it to learn to build the integration for it. How would I go about this? Who wants to help?
0 Likes

https://www.eurom.nl/nl/producten/verwarming/keramische-kachels/i/170-keramische-kachels/1606-wall-designheat-2000-wifi

0 Likes

Bump

Eurom also has other heaters that are wifi-enabled, so I was hoping to be able to build the platform, but I need some assistance in getting started…

0 Likes

Just had an extensive look at what @Danielhiversen did for Mill heaters, and realized I may be in way over my head… still would like to see support for Eurom devices in the future though (hint hint) :slight_smile:

0 Likes

The privacy policy on the Eurom app (Android) refers to Tuya Global, so perhaps the existing Home Assistant Tuya implementation can be used…

0 Likes

Have moved from third party integrations to feature requests, perhaps now I won’t be talking to myself anymore :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Ok, done talking to myself. Apparently indeed the Tuya implementation can be used, as per
Eurom E-convect WiFi and Tuya cloud polling.
This feature request can be closed.

0 Likes

I use a Eurom Heater and has been for a while now.
Got it automated to turn on at a specific time and turn off at another.
The problem is that after a couple of days it becomes unreachable, both from Home Assistant and the official Tuya app. A power cycle fixes the problem but it is really unreliable.
Now it could be a problem with the WiFi but I have no way of testing that until I switch out my old AP for a new Mesh.

1 Like

Have installed the Eurom (=Tuya) heater. Adding it to Home Assistant was a piece of cake! Brilliant.
Heater itself is very noisy, not sure if it was damaged in transport or if it’s normal. Will have to get a second one to compare…

0 Likes

What model are you using? Maybe submit a picture?
Mine is dead silent :ok_hand:t2:

0 Likes

Eurom Wall Designheat 2000 WiFi

0 Likes

Ah that’s s beast haha, mine is a small convector heater :grinning:

0 Likes