EV cost in Energy Dashboard

With the large number of EV’s on the streets I think it is time for the HA Energy Dashboard to be redesigned.

I also do not see any way to see water cost og heating cost if it is something other than gas.

It would be nice if it was possible to remove ones that are not used and add other that are used.

I live in a house that is 100% powered by electricity from the Grid. I have a heat pump for heating and hot water, and I charge my EV. This means that I have a rather high grid usage but I have no easy way of showing the cost of heating the house or charging the car.

For now I have added a virtual custom sensor as Gas to be able to show the cost of charging the car.

Why is there no Water section in the Energy dashboard?

Regards,

Brilliant, this is an easy method to track the consumption costs of individual devices.

Thanks for flagging this workaround!

I haven’t tested it yet so I don’t know if it will actually show the actual charging cost, but later this week I will need to charge the car so I will have to want and see.

I just think it is quite misleading that it will show up as an energy source in the dashboard, but for now this is what seems possible.

I think it would nice if it was possible to place have an EV section that visually is placed in the correct position.

It’s is working well for me, I just dropped all my appliances in as gas sources and it is tracking consumption and cost very well.

I also have a specific sensor that averages costs between solar, battery and grid use so it is ideal for tracking my appliances on this dashboard.

can you explain how you did this?

+1, also add grouping in energy dashboard would be great for us with many devices.

Add the devices you want to track for costs in the ‘Gas’ Consumption dashboard, via dashboard configuration.

Please could you tell me how you do that? Sample code?

You need 2 things for this 2 work correctly.

First you need a sensor tracking the amount of energy being used by the car.

Second you need a sensor tracking the cost.

I have a sensor that tracks the current price (changes every hour).

I have just added the energy sensor as a gas source and selected the price tracked as cost source.

IMHO, this cannot be correct. Assuming the yield of your solar system is high enough to supply all consumers, you will have no electricity costs. If only 50% comes from your solar system, you only have 50% electricity costs. So you have to differentiate from where the power comes.