Everything works but can't see any deconz event

This is my first post so I apologize if I put it in the wrong section or if there are other errors. This is the first time ever that I need help but I can’t get out of it alone.

My problem is simple and it is exactly what i wrote in the title: I can’t see any deconz event (developer tool > event > insert “deconz_event” in the “listen event” tab).

Apparently everything is properly configured and everything has been working properly for over a year and an half and still working (my lights turn on/off, change in intensity and color, the sensors work perfectly so much that I also use them as temperature sensors to manage the heating via shelly1 or coolers via broadlink… script, automation, sensor, package, scenes, integration with google home, telegram, etc … everything works).

The problem was born when I decided to buy some remote control from the TRADFRI line (both those with 5 buttons and the one with 2 buttons).
When I go to make the pairing, deconz sees them and inserts them regularly and in fact I see them in hassio how it should be. However, when I go to use them no type of event is recognized and do not work either hassio or deconz.

I have been trying to solve for months: clean installation, uninstalling and reinstalling all addons, wifi, cable… I googled, I tried everything… but no deconz_event appears.

Finally, I imagine that when I send any command that goes through deconz/raspee there must be a related event, right? well, I don’t even see those … basically I don’t see any deconz event.

So, where I gone wrong?

My configuration (classical):

• hassio on a raspberry 3b+ (always updated, actually 0.111.4 but the problem there has always been)
  • ssd (but the problem there is also with microSD)
  • raspbee
  • 12x light bulb E14/E27/G10 TRADFRI (paired to deconz)
  • 5/6x sonoff basic (tasmota, via mqtt)
  • 1x sonoff T1 (tasmota, via mqtt)
  • 1x shelly1 (tasmota, via mqtt)
  • 3x hue motion/light/temperature sensor (paired to deconz)
  • 1x broadlink RM mini pro
  • 4x Google home mini
  • 1x Sony Bravia 55AF9
  • 3x 5 button TRADFRI remote (paired to deconz but no working)
  • 2x 2 button TRADFRI remote (paired to deconz but no working)

Addons:

• Backup hassio to google drive
  • Check home assistant configuration
  • Duckdns
  • File editor
  • Mosquitto broker
  • SSH & Web terminal
  • Samba share
  • Tasmo Admin
  • DeConz

Integration:

• 3x companion app for android
  • DeConz
  • Google Cast
  • Mosquitto broker
  • Bravia TV (KD-55AF9)

So let me get this straight, your hue motion sensors work, but don’t send events either?
Where are the automations for the motion sensors? In deconz or in HA?

My whole system works perfectly except remotes.
The 12 TRADFRI lights and 3 hue sensors are paired in deconz and are correctly visible in HA. All the automations, scripts, switch, light, etc, are in HA.
these devices also work in deconz (to understand, I can turn the lights on and off and I can read all the values of the sensors both from ha and from deconz).

Similarly, TRADFRI remotes are normally paired in deconz and are visible in HA, but they do not work either both in deconz and in HA.

Hay bro If i was you Ill be looking to putting HA on a real PC NUC

Once I did and upgraded my wifi (tenda assess point) and router (pfsense) put HA on a NUC everything running sweet ass

took 2 years (kids wife house)

and putting the DeConz dongle on a 1mtr lead

only problems I have is me breaking it

Did you try listening to all eventy by putting a * in the listen events box? Did you try deleting the HA integration and adding it again? Do you see the battery level of the tradfri remotes or are they unavailable?

If everything else is working I’d recommend you to enable debug logs and share those when you operate the remote

1 Like

yes, yes and yes.
1- I tried with the “*”, I see all the other events but not the deconz_event
2- I also did two clean installs when I switched from microsd to ssd. unistall and reinstall, new paired, etc …
2- I see the battery status correctly

. if I enter inside the entity I also see the possibility of creating the automations (etc.) from the frontend. If I create automation in that way, automation is properly formatted but it doesn’t work anyway. if I manually launch the event the automation works, if instead I press the buttons of the remote it does not work (because it does not trigger any event)

I have never activated any type of debug logs.
in the day I learn how to do it and soon I’ll post what comes out.

in the meantime thank you all

I’m not sure whether @Robban is talking about HA logs or deconz logs.

To get debug logs on HA side, add the following to configuration.yaml:

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.deconz: debug

More info can be found here

For deconz it depends on how you installed it, are you running it as an addon?

1 Like

Hass logs of course

I run deconz as hassio addons. Install it from the addon store and integrate it through hassio integrations. are there other ways to run deconz?

I integrated the logger (thanks Burningstone) replacing “default: info” with “critical” and leaving “debug” to deconz.

I removed the deconz integration, uninstalled deconz addon, reboot HA, then reinstall and reintergrated and reboot HA again and in the log I see this (currently, for convenience, I only have one TRADFRI remote 2 buttons in deconz):

2020-06-25 03:24:11 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.deconz] deCONZ event created: tradfri_2button
2020-06-25 03:24:25 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.deconz] deCONZ HASSIO discovery {'addon': 'deCONZ',
 'api_key': '10alphanumericcharacters',
 'host': '172.30.33.3',
 'port': 40850,
 'serial': '16alphanumericcharacters'}

obviously in the event listener there is no deconz_event

Were you ever able to work out your problem?
I’m having the same at the moment, no events showing, can’t see button presses.

Same issue Here.
Everything is working perfectly fine.
Automation are triggered when I use my switches.
All the event are well fired in HA except the deconz events when I’m looking for * events.
Super weird, it was working some days ago.

I had two deconz instances that were running in parallel…

Same for me.
No more event coming,
nodered see event.
I just add one device Aqara Mi cube. Some days ago , I add some ikea blind and deconz_event was receiving. I didn’t change anything. Still searching.

Same problem here.
It was working fine, had a power failure, after that, no events anymore.
Everything works, I can see all device in HA, battery status etc.
In Phoscon I can see the status/events, for example motion.
But no events in HA.
HA installed in a proxmox VM, Deconz in a separate Raspberry PI.

Worked fine before the reboot.

time passes as well as updates. I keep everything regularly updated to stable versions, everything works regularly but still no deconz_event.

I tried to redo clean installs, reinstalls, reinstatements, but nothing.

Still searching too

I have the same issue, did you ever solve this?

Unfortunately not.
Always updated to the latest stable versions but no news about it.

always looking for a solution

So the issue here is that you still can’t use your remotes?

Have you tried creating an automation from the device page? Use the device triggers they abstract the deConz event. Since you get batteries reported everything should work.

The only other thing would be if the pairing wouldnt be complete